Gooood neeews everyoneeee!

General
05/10/2018 09:07Posted by Savoren
05/10/2018 07:33Posted by Zakkaru

Nope.

Yup. Better racials, more interesting lore, and vastly superior looks - Blood Elf paladins have them all.

Nope.
05/10/2018 10:12Posted by Shaerar
04/10/2018 18:29Posted by Zakkaru
Looks like Zandalari paladins are coming!

https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=144683/rawani-kanae#encounter

I cannot imagine for Blizzard to openly tease us with such an option just to deny it to us.

This is one of the raid bosses which Alliance encounters.
I'm sure the moment of Zandalari race unlock announcement they will be playable!

Loadin here I go!

Dungeon boss in the Botannica has been around since BC.

Still no Belf druids.

Belfie was just one. That boss is one of many prelates.

You see them in Isle of Thunder, you see them in Zocalo and you will see them in raid again. There is plenty of them.

That NPC which I linked proves that they have paladin abilities and paladin mechanics.

Prelates are valid option and should be included without any issue. It's not just one unique NPC.

And a lot of people declared that they want this option to no longer be forced to be either Big tauren or barbie elf.
Not read the whole thread, but I do think this would be a good idea!

At the moment, paladin on horde is like druid on alliance: only available for the races with the worst models.
I cannot imagine for Blizzard to openly tease us with such an option just to deny it to us.

Delas Moonfang says "Hi"
Give it to me blizz
04/10/2018 19:09Posted by Souldefíler
Why is it goid news for everyone?

I don't give a flying monkeys about Zandalari paladins, the same way I don't give a flying monkeys about Pandaren DK's.
The title is a quote from professor putrice which is also a reference to professor farnsworth who would always say good new everyone then follow it up with something that sounds terrible.
Looks like Zandalari paladins are coming!

https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=144683/rawani-kanae#encounter

This is one of the raid bosses which Alliance encounters.
I'm sure the moment of Zandalari race unlock announcement they will be playable!

Loadin here I go!

Sounds great!
I'll wait and see if it actually happens before counting on it though.

04/10/2018 22:35Posted by Kooki
04/10/2018 22:16Posted by Zakkaru

Troll paladin is actually Loadin. They draw power from their loa - that is the entire secret.Nothing complicated and nothing lorebreaking. Has it's own flavor and fits them as Zandalari are religious people that has caste system with established priesthood. So it makes sense for them to create order of their own holy warriors.

Oh yeah well I guess that makes sense and more options can't be a bad thing anyway.

Gotta love this Kooki! <3
05/10/2018 11:21Posted by Avariya

Delas Moonfang says "Hi"

Delas is one, while there are plenty of prelates? They actually have an order with numbers?
05/10/2018 10:32Posted by Zakkaru

Nope.

Alright, keep it up. No amount of "nopes" will change the truth.
05/10/2018 13:26Posted by Savoren
05/10/2018 10:32Posted by Zakkaru

Nope.

Alright, keep it up. No amount of "nopes" will change the truth.

Since when personal opinion is truth? You stick with your barbie elves and I'll stick with my prelates.

You spoke about superior racials but Zandalari racials aren't available yet.

When it comes to lore - it's a matter of opinion. I want something truly unique and exotic and look at Liadrin - another boring "FOR THE LIGHT!!" paladin she is and space goat fan - not thanks.
I thought Prof. Putricide was back from the dead... :-/
05/10/2018 13:28Posted by Zakkaru

Since when personal opinion is truth? You stick with your barbie elves and I'll stick with my prelates.

You spoke about superior racials but Zandalari racials aren't available yet.

When it comes to lore - it's a matter of opinion. I want something truly unique and exotic and look at Liadrin - another boring "FOR THE LIGHT!!" paladin she is and space goat fan - not thanks.

Take a look at the available racials, and racials of current allied races. Mag'har has downrigth the worst racials in the game, even that so hyped DID racials, while useful out on the world, doesn't offer much in combat. Human racial is good but it only really shines in PvP, as opposed to arcane torrent, which is useful in both PvP and PvE, even after the nerf that came after people complained about since TBC.

About lore, paladins of every other race gain their power through faith, while Blood Elves gain the same power through manipulating the light, like any other source like the arcane, fel, void etc. That's what makes them unique and sets them apart.

As for appearance, fairs fair I guess, that part is down to personal tastes. I'll stick to my elven paladins and you can stick to those weird tusked guys.
I'm belf reroller. I actually leveled one to top level but then grown to dislike them a lot. I am now happy troll with no elves on account.

So I am waiting for my imperial empowered by Loa Holy warrior. Their theme is beautiful and they have ancient legacy that was not influenced by any other culture, like humans or space goats.
Again, fair enough, I guess.

On another topic, how can they they still be paladins? Wasn't Rezan the loa worshipped by prelates? If Rezan was only dead, maybe there could've been a way to resurrect him. But the events in Atal'dazar and then King's Rest dungeons suggest that while Zul resurrected and bound Dazar, Rezan's soul was used in the process. So Rawani and other prelates might be what remains of that order, in other words, a dying breed.

Not that I'm against playable Zandalari though. I'm not interested in playing Zandalari (paladin or otherwise) and I won't even touch them, but more choices for playable races are always good.
I think Zandalari prelates will be badass to face in bgs. High troll light warriors a good challenge for me and me dwarven fellas!
05/10/2018 14:12Posted by Savoren
Again, fair enough, I guess.

On another topic, how can they they still be paladins? Wasn't Rezan the loa worshipped by prelates? If Rezan was only dead, maybe there could've been a way to resurrect him. But the events in Atal'dazar and then King's Rest dungeons suggest that while Zul resurrected and bound Dazar, Rezan's soul was used in the process. So Rawani and other prelates might be what remains of that order, in other words, a dying breed.

Not that I'm against playable Zandalari though. I'm not interested in playing Zandalari (paladin or otherwise) and I won't even touch them, but more choices for playable races are always good.

Preatty sure it was hinted in one Q&A that Horde will aid Zandalari Prelates in communing with the light another way now when Rezan is no more.
Or it's that Vol'jin is gonna take Rezan's place as a Loa of Kings, granting them power anew.

His glave was shining with light when facin Zalazane, remember?