They want 350+ for Normal Raid..

General
1 2 3 5 Next
I would be thankful if someone more experienced than me explains this. Is this reasonable?

I am not the best player in the world for sure, but I read about mechanics, tactics, I have some of the normals cleared, and still I am either not accepted into a group or kicked out even before we begin the fight.

What do I do wrong and how can I improve my chances?
Thank you!
Get more ilvl, do mythics, i can see that you have heroic gear and coin on the world boss(es). You are 340 so you should be able to start up your own keys for mythic + as well, 2,3,4 is extremely easy, the rest is easy as well though a lot of people fail when it comes to 5 and above.

OR you can make your own group for normal raid, be sure that you know how to properly set up groups for mother though or people are gonna rage quit.

Edit: Noticed you only har 3 heroic pieces, so level your neck and do world quests for champions of azeroth ilvl, I don't know if you know this but for each reputation that you gain (that is neutral - friendly - honored and so on and so forth you get 15 ilvl on the neck from Magni in silithus). You can pick up the contract from AH so that you get 10 rep for every world quest that you do with champions of azeroth.
It will increase every week to a hard cap.I would say last weeks of the raid people will require +365 for Normal run.

Its because they want a smooth run,no wipes and stuff and they can't risk people telling them they know tactic.

If you want to become better,Find a raiding guild if you like raiding.
there are some external sites that makes you play better by analyzing your fight logs and stuff and I don't know if I'm allowed to link them.

Find a raiding guild.some things will never change.
Get friends, basically. And if you are interested in raiding, get a raiding guild basically. You will make friends, get some proper gear with them and on top see the heroic raids, basically the base line of that content.

It's and MMO and nothing beats the power of friendship in an MMO. Not even gods or titans. We just zerg them down ;-)
26/09/2018 07:05Posted by Taxation
What is it that is hard to get through your thick skull?

For every applicant to a spot in a raid there will be x amount of applicants. The raidleader has a feel for how geared people on average are and given how easy it is to aquire 340 gear with Warfront: 350 means someone has barely made an effort. So he puts it on a rather low 350.

The applicants need to consider if it's really worth it. Some might realize that Normal is a gatekeeper to Heroic. Some just wants to watch the story. Some are insecure of raiding but know LFR is for droolers.

There are plenty of different applicants. And obviously 350 grants a good number of applicants per spot in the raid (exceptions often given to tanks and healers).

No need to be rude or anything.. Sadly I missed my opportunity with warfronts, because I got to 120 the day they went to the Aliance.
After Warfronts in the first week of it, anyone and their dog can be in the 340s right now. Making your own group is a time investment and it is the worst feeling when it doesn't work out due to people messing up. Especially when half the raid usually leaves after one wipe in a PUG group.

The higher up the ilvl scale, the lower risk of that person ruining the group. Whether people like it or not, going by ilvl is the only skill indicator you really have of a stranger in this game about their experience unless they can link their achievement for the run.

Yeah, ilvl doesn't mean everything, not by any stretch of the imagination. But still, in PUG groups blindly trusting strangers to know what they are doing is a bad idea.
* clears throat *

MAKE YOUR OWN GROUP

Seriously, thou. Try to get gear from other sources like M+ - try to spam M+2 since titanforge is ridiculous this xpac.
Do warfronts the luck i had with gear there is ridiculous :D also do Mythics they will get you up to speed,or find a casual to medicore raiding guild like mine.Personally me i havent raided yet this x-pack due to IRL problems and concerns but you can :).
Can get a fresh dinged 110 to 350ilevel in a weekend easily when warfronts up...
26/09/2018 06:55Posted by Radagazt
I would be thankful if someone more experienced than me explains this. Is this reasonable?

I am not the best player in the world for sure, but I read about mechanics, tactics, I have some of the normals cleared, and still I am either not accepted into a group or kicked out even before we begin the fight.

Thank you!

I require 365+ / multi-clear for HC.

To people who complain about this: Stop with this hypocrisy, you'd do the same if you had the same ilvl and you're only complaining because you don't.

OP:

Just as others have said, you have to run a lot of M+ / normals / make your own group, otherwise, it ain't happening.
Normal Uldir pays iL355 gear, so in some ways it's not unreasonable to want AiL350.

That said, where is the iL requirement in the Premade you're signing up for? If it's in the title, the Group is to carry the Group creator - simple.

What Blizzard recommend as minimum AiL for a Raid & what Random Premade Group creators want will never be the same.

At the end of the day, wanting to do Raid content, having the aptitude to complete it & finding the requisite number of others to get it completed will always be a headache; we live in a world where everyone thinks they have the leadership skill to run a Group well, because their need for better gear is all-powerful & blinding to the real world truth that many just don't have the leadership skills required to run a bath...
26/09/2018 11:02Posted by Trophee
... 'cos the only way to get Raid content done is to out-gear it...?

Raiding should be an equal opportunity for everyone in the Group to get upgraded gear, not just the egocentric sack of s**t that put the Group together.
26/09/2018 07:08Posted by Radagazt
What...en to tanks and healers).

No need to be rude or anything.. Sadly I missed my opportunity with warfronts, because I got to 120 the day they went to the Aliance.

I just expect you to figure this out for yourself. So I think you're lazy and whining unnecessary.
26/09/2018 11:07Posted by Eighjan
... 'cos the only way to get Raid content done is to out-gear it...?

Raiding should be an equal opportunity for everyone in the Group to get upgraded gear, not just the egocentric sack of s**t that put the Group together.

Ah men you are right i feel the same way you do about egocentric sack of !@#$ that put up too high req for joining and basically this -> Raiding should be an equal opportunity for everyone in the Group to get upgraded gear
those that dont agree with you are the same sack of poop.Also found the only solution join a damn guild.

No its not. But ppl are crybabies and without a gild u need to live with that.

Thank you!

To people who complain about this: Stop with this hypocrisy, you'd do the same if you had the same ilvl and you're only complaining because you don't.

OP:

Just as others have said, you have to run a lot of M+ / normals / make your own group, otherwise, it ain't happening.

Why even bother doing content that you get no potential upgrades for, oh wait thats the theme of this expansion i forgot.
It's reasonable if the goal of the group is to clear it without any major hiccups.

If you're in a position with no prior experience, you have to start there.
If it were a group made to progress (not farm) there would be lower (different) requirements.

You've gotta find a group at your own level, or start your own, and set the rules and expectations for it.
26/09/2018 07:35Posted by Verdill
* clears throat *

MAKE YOUR OWN GROUP

[/quote]

someone who is trying to get into the raid for the first time is likely not going to be confident enough to RAID LEAD a random pug...
Radagaszt Go to warfront and gear via Mythic.
Wait some time for raid.