They want 350+ for Normal Raid..

General
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
I guess Scobomb the GM of Method would be disappointed because his ilvl is 346 hahaha
27/09/2018 09:20Posted by Koldan
I guess Scobomb the GM of Method would be disappointed because his ilvl is 346 hahaha

HAHAHA "Chokes on food"that was funny 10/10.
That a thing, group leaders want ppl who are overgeared for specific dungeons and raids, even for mythic 0 lvl requirements now are 340, so basically there is no point doing mythic 0 at lvl 340 and raids (normal) at 355. Only reason i see is to get lucky titanforged gear. Best advice what can i give you is making your own groups, get in guild, doing them with friends or doing content at expansion release, when everyone is on even playing field.
27/09/2018 06:13Posted by Immortall
Suppose I start a group for Uldir and demand that all players inside it are dwarf females. Does anyone have any right to complain? Absolutely not, you are not forced to join it.

Or if I demand max ilvl of 290, because I want to have extremly challenging raid, with most likely a lot of wipes, but challenging. Does anyone have right to complain? Absolutely not, you are not forced to join it.

Or if I demand ilvl of 380 for raid which drops 350, if I want SUPER SMOOTH fast with closed eyes done run. Does anyone have right to complain? Absolutely not, you are not forced to join it.

Therefore, your QQ here about the requirements set by other person is completelly pointless. Either move on or make your own group. Trust me, making, organizing and leading the pug is not sometimes anyone enjoys doing in their free times. That said, I prefer to be done with it in 2 hours max. In order to achiever that, I wlil also ask curve and 360+ for Uldir Normal. You dislike it? Move on, and make your own grp. Trust me, there is a lot of people like you who will join and you together wlil be able to progress through the raid the whole Saturday afternoon.

Regards,
Imm
27/09/2018 09:32Posted by Habe
That a thing, group leaders want ppl who are overgeared for specific dungeons and raids, even for mythic 0 lvl requirements now are 340, so basically there is no point doing mythic 0 at lvl 340 and raids (normal) at 355. Only reason i see is to get lucky titanforged gear. Best advice what can i give you is making your own groups, get in guild, doing them with friends or doing content at expansion release, when everyone is on even playing field.

Why the hell would anyone need 340ilvl for a simple mythic +0 dungeon what the hell i dont play for 1 week and this happens.
27/09/2018 09:33Posted by Immortall
27/09/2018 06:13Posted by Immortall
Suppose I start a group for Uldir and demand that all players inside it are dwarf females. Does anyone have any right to complain? Absolutely not, you are not forced to join it.

Or if I demand max ilvl of 290, because I want to have extremly challenging raid, with most likely a lot of wipes, but challenging. Does anyone have right to complain? Absolutely not, you are not forced to join it.

Or if I demand ilvl of 380 for raid which drops 350, if I want SUPER SMOOTH fast with closed eyes done run. Does anyone have right to complain? Absolutely not, you are not forced to join it.

Therefore, your QQ here about the requirements set by other person is completelly pointless. Either move on or make your own group. Trust me, making, organizing and leading the pug is not sometimes anyone enjoys doing in their free times. That said, I prefer to be done with it in 2 hours max. In order to achiever that, I wlil also ask curve and 360+ for Uldir Normal. You dislike it? Move on, and make your own grp. Trust me, there is a lot of people like you who will join and you together wlil be able to progress through the raid the whole Saturday afternoon.

Regards,
Imm

Here lies the flaw in the things you said"Or if I demand ilvl of 380 for raid which drops 350" how the hell am i going to get 380ilvl gear without doing the HC runs?.
Op,

Put yourself into a leaders perspective. What do you see when somebody applies to your raid? Only itemlevel, nothing more. For example, why should I choose the 340 warlock over the 365 warlock?
26/09/2018 06:55Posted by Radagazt
how can I improve my chances?

Find a good guild and do your best to contribute to its progress.

If you are into high-end PVE this is the only way to enjoy WoW in my opinion.
[quote="176232763064"][quote="176232563104"]

Here lies the flaw in the things you said"Or if I demand ilvl of 380 for raid which drops 350" how the hell am i going to get 380ilvl gear without doing the HC runs?.

two things: one find another group like any normal person does, and second, its not our problem. We got into groups under the same circustances and know you are lying or just not trying to get into bad grps. Yes you should try to get into bad groups in progress thats how the rest got geared. You cry about the community, but what have you done to help it.
My friends can come to me even at 320 to a normal raid, and ill will be helped by them in another way. Why should we help you get into farm runs when you havent done anything for anyone.
Demands aren't problem as much as lack of filter options in group finder.

Situation would improve MUCH if you'd be able to filter groups by:
- demands (either ilvl or Achievment)
- leader (again ilvl or Achievment)
- run being in progress/farm mode
- alt runs

People wouldn't try that many absurdities if those can be filtered out and ignored easily.
27/09/2018 09:20Posted by Koldan

If he came with the victim complex you are showing i would prefer to not have it. I would rather wipe 100 times on a trassmog run at nynthedra than to suffer from you attitude.
Either way people that cant manage to get into a progression grp or into a guild arent going to make the effort to be an all star player.
Thank you all for the responses!
26/09/2018 06:55Posted by Radagazt
I would be thankful if someone more experienced than me explains this. Is this reasonable?

I am not the best player in the world for sure, but I read about mechanics, tactics, I have some of the normals cleared, and still I am either not accepted into a group or kicked out even before we begin the fight.

What do I do wrong and how can I improve my chances?
Thank you!

From the group, creater pov, you are a product in a market, and the leader can get more value for his time (budget).
If you go e.g. bike shopping and you have decided a budget, let's say 800€, do you look at the first bike you see and say 'hey, i'll get this very basic one for 800€, because any bike will probably get me around', or do you try to look around some stores and websites for the best bike deal you can find in a reasonable time for your 800€?

Best advice: find a guild of people you enjoy playing with.
The PUG world is not just far less enjoyable, it also creates this self-feeding ever growing demand, where you are doomed if you fall of the wave washing forward.
26/09/2018 16:45Posted by Darthtoon
26/09/2018 16:34Posted by Yooxes
but if people cant see ilvl people wont make pugs.

fine for you to say this but it is not a reality , people would definitely still make groups regardless, they made them before ilvl existed in the game and they would long after it is gone.

And then they inspected gear and achievements, hopefully being somewhat knowledgeable about your spec, but far more often not. The OP would still get kicked.
27/09/2018 09:43Posted by Yolandass

Requirements I set for my pugs, be it only dwarf females, only forsaken monks, only the exact item level of 312, only people for scarlet crusade transmog, OR 370 ilvl for raid which drops 355, cannot be wrong, because there is no objective baseline.

Sure, they may be illogical to you personally, but requirements set by person X, cannot themselves be wrong, unfair or whatsoever.

I, as all people here, pay equally for this game. If I want to go to raid with people how heavily overgear the raid, no one, and absolutelly no one, has any basis to complain about it, just as no one would complain if I explicitelly demand people WITHOUT CURVE.

Regards,
Imm
I dont get you guys, i understand the casual concept and everything but it takes you 1-2 days to get 350 ilvl, especialy with the "we create titanforge so the casuals wont complain abut the mythic raiders having a better gear". It's only natural for the people to ask for ilvl in pugs because with the titanforge system you cant really tell who is a good player and who is not. There are groups made for people like you, those groups with "First time here, chill run dont join if you dont have time to wipe", you can join in those groups and progress with them. But ofcourse if you want to que for a zerg run, they are gonna ask for huge ilvl, curve/mythic achiv even for normal.
It will increase every week to a hard cap.I would say last weeks of the raid people will require +365 for Normal run.

Its because they want a smooth run,no wipes and stuff and they can't risk people telling them they know tactic...

As if the iLvL was the guaranteed "smooth" run...
Ridiculous requirements for raids has always existed, it's just one of those things. They want as smooth a run as possible. Not that an ilvl guarantees that but it should make things easier.
27/09/2018 11:47Posted by Nashao
It will increase every week to a hard cap.I would say last weeks of the raid people will require +365 for Normal run.

Its because they want a smooth run,no wipes and stuff and they can't risk people telling them they know tactic...

As if the iLvL was the guaranteed "smooth" run...

Moe than lower gear... if you want to raig go to a guil, complaining n forums wont be of much use.
27/09/2018 10:06Posted by Arenko
Op,

Put yourself into a leaders perspective. What do you see when somebody applies to your raid? Only itemlevel, nothing more. For example, why should I choose the 340 warlock over the 365 warlock?
Only in case if that is guildie or friend nothing else lol.