[Spoilers] Horde PC joins Saurfang?

Story
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
Thank heavens.

I'm done serving the Lich Queen 2.0 and her Scourge 2.0 armies.
29/09/2018 03:45Posted by Solanis
Saurfang refuses to surrender and then apparently, Zekhan and the PC join him in slaughtering the dark ranger and horde soldiers.

Alright, why would the PC do that?

Because, 20gold quest reward.

Also
30/09/2018 09:54Posted by Minairia
Thank heavens.

It is kinda boring in my opinion, people keep dying, oh but they not actually dead they just work for the Horde now or something.

Really enjoyed the Stromgarde Warfront because it felt like proper Orcs vs Humans but the whole Forsaken storylines don't appeal to me.

The sooner someone like Saurfang brings the Horde back into line the better.
30/09/2018 09:43Posted by Akriti
I would love to have the option of not joining Saurfang and side with Lyana, even if that means i'm beaten unconscious and 'lose' to Saurfang and zappyboi

same here as a warrior i respect the guy but he dint kill malfurion when he had the chance, got captured and lectured by a boy king, walked off when we to rescue him and now we have to kill for him ? No im done with him and i certainly wont kill for him any longer.

Also he is crying over the burning of the tree but if he killed malf i dont think sylvanas whould have burned it as it would have already suited her purpose.
30/09/2018 10:33Posted by Sylvanes
Also he is crying over the burning of the tree but if he killed malf i dont think sylvanas whould have burned it as it would have already suited her purpose.

He didnt kill Malfurion cos horde cant fight with cenarion circle and alliance.
30/09/2018 10:40Posted by Pinkfist
He didnt kill Malfurion cos horde cant fight with cenarion circle and alliance

Actually he didn't kill Malfurion, because he hit him in the back a short while after losing a Mak'gora to him. Not very sportsmanlike.
Thank heavens.

By the looks of it you are one of the only Horde people I have seen who actually liked helping Saurfang.
30/09/2018 10:46Posted by Wimbert
He didnt kill Malfurion cos horde cant fight with cenarion circle and alliance

Actually he didn't kill Malfurion, because he hit him in the back a short while after losing a Mak'gora to him. Not very sportsmanlike.

wasnt a mak'gora it was a fight between sylvanas and malfurion that he just walked in on in a reflex he tossed his axe at malf in the back almost killing him
29/09/2018 06:03Posted by Вэлренар
give me one single good reason why would i betray Sylvanas, if i play Forsaken or goblin? It's against logic, roleplay fantasy and common sense (orcs in MoP still had Thrall, so they had someone to follow)

Same reason Horde PC druids participate in the Burning of Teldrassil and use Blight in Siege of Lordaeron : LEWT!
30/09/2018 12:09Posted by Sylvanes

think the alliance is that way bet your one of those we want high elf dudes

Awww felt called out and went on to assume !@#$ about me just cuz I play a belf?

I wanted to play a paladin and it was either this or a cow that looks horrible in the paladin transmogs. I don't give 2 cents about high elves. The only reason they would have been better for the alliance than blood elves, is because when news came out they are not getting them the forums were only salt posts about "WAH WAH WHERE ARE MY HIGH ELVES!!! BLIZZARD YOU ARE KILLING ME INSIDE!!! I UNSUB!!!!" for like 2 months. Still it was hilarious to see them go through all 5 stages of grief. I think the Sylvanas Brigade is currently on stage 1 - 2, and doesn't seem they will be past them any time soon.
30/09/2018 10:33Posted by Sylvanes

He didnt kill Malfurion cos horde cant fight with cenarion circle and alliance.

He also didn't finish him because Tyrande casted some spell and paralyzed him. Some light things appeared over his head and she was ready to kill him. It sadly didn't look like this in the game.
It would be great to see Cenarion Circle fighting the horde. One can dream. Sadly they're too busy "healing our world blah blah while there's a war going on which causes the world to bleed even more".
30/09/2018 11:54Posted by Frozengrip
Thank heavens.

By the looks of it you are one of the only Horde people I have seen who actually liked helping Saurfang.

It feels contrived. I mean, it’s nice and all that they’re making a show of recreating Mists of Pandaria instead of Tides of Darkness, but I wanted that option at the beginning of the narrative, not several months after the Horde Player Character is confirmed to be an eager and unquestioning footsoldier of Corpsehitler.

The entire setup of the War was dreadful - and while I’ll take whatever I can get to try and salvage the situation, “I was a willing and enthusiastic accomplice to a genocidal mania-I have a conscience and morals and won’t let Dark Rangers kill Saurfang!” is a far cry from properly addressing the core issue. And, if I’m honest, I don’t think it’s going to work - Saurfang opposing Sylvanas, I mean. I think that any “rebellion” will fail or fizzle out in time for Sylvanas to prove a Critical Plot Nexus for the actual expansion antagonist(s). It’ll “prove” that BfA is not MoP 2.0.

Instead of SoO 2.0, we’ll be led by the nose to a point in narrative where she always needed to have been where she was, doing what she was doing, in order for the Cosmos to be saved. In the same way that Warcraft 3 can be interpreted as “If everything that has happened since Medivh’s corruption had not happened in exactly the way that it did, Archimonde might never have been defeated”.

I strongly suspect that it won’t be about justification of Teldrassil - it’ll be about justification of Sylvanas. That she had to be who she is, where she is, doing what she is - and that means the “sacrifice” of Teldrassil and Undercity and Gilneas was an “unfortunate necessity” in a quantum sense. And for that to happen, there can be no rebellion and overthrow.
30/09/2018 12:00Posted by Sylvanes
wasnt a mak'gora it was a fight between sylvanas and malfurion that he just walked in on in a reflex he tossed his axe at malf in the back almost killing him

Not the fight we see in game, the one before that we read about in the novella. He challenged Malfurion to a Mak'gora and was beaten horribly.
30/09/2018 11:54Posted by Frozengrip
Thank heavens.

If I still played Horde (stopped in MoP), I would too.

I've always preferred Horde as being actually morally grey, kinda misunderstood good-guys that ultimately only try to survive.

There's nothing morally grey about Garrosh' horde back in MoP, so I quit playing Horde.
There's nothing morally grey about Sylvanas horde now in BfA, so I can't wait to attack it as Alliance.
30/09/2018 15:18Posted by Solmyra
If I still played Horde (stopped in MoP), I would too.

I've always preferred Horde as being actually morally grey, kinda misunderstood good-guys that ultimately only try to survive.

There's nothing morally grey about Garrosh' horde back in MoP, so I quit playing Horde.
There's nothing morally grey about Sylvanas horde now in BfA, so I can't wait to attack it as Alliance.

I use to be Horde from MoP to per-patch of Legion and I am glad I swapped over after Sylvanas was made leader. Never liked Sylvanas as a Horde member when WoW came out, I was annoyed she got a free pass for her crimes during the trial of Garrosh at the end of MoP. . It is just the Forsaken, and while yes it is fun to play as the "evil" race from time to time I can't stick being forced to serve her anymore.

This is not the Horde I use to like playing and fighting for anymore, it is just the Forsaken.

If I was still the Horde champion regardless of my race (this character use to be a Troll Hunter before I switched over) then I would have refused to participate in any potential war with the Alliance long before Saurfang did. And I would have defected if I knew what was going to happen.

But I think the saddest part for me is that people generally like this "new Horde" As well as have with Sylvanas being leader of it.

As long as she is leader then I know I am never going to main Horde again.
I think they should have given us the option to question the motives of our leader more than we done both on horde and alliance.

As being a champion who fought against greater enemies of the world Lich King,Crazy dragons,Old Gods and Burning legion often side by side with other races that in the past been our enemies now as allies.
Only to be forced into a faction war once again when greater threats looms on the horizon.

People feel betrayed by different thing.
As one who valued Thrall and Vol'jin's more honorable Horde felt betrayed by Sylvanas action who felt more like slaughter all than a just action in defending the horde.
Other feels more loyal to her and see Saurfang as traitor.
But they should have made a option for those that rather want to fight the faction war and those willing to fight for something greater than being mindless puppets of our leaders and want to save our world.

I rather be a independant adventurer rather than a champion of the horde slaughtering innocent because my leader demands it.
Blizzard stated in an interview that Sylvanas would not be going the way of Garrosh. This is flat out the exact same plot-line as the Dagger in the Dark Scenario with Vol'jin. We're only a few steps away from a full on Saurfang Rebellion at this point.

Regardless of how someone feels about Sylvanas, rehashing a story like this should not be considered acceptable. What's even more agregious about this is that they're telling this story again in Battle for Azeroth, which is supposed to be the definitive faction war expansion set. An expansion set where the factions should be more united than ever against their rival faction. This does nothing but taint the faction pride I have for the Horde. Mists of Pandaria was first and foremost an expansion about exploring Pandaria, while Battle for Azeroth has been marketed all the way to launch as the faction pride expansion set.

Personally I may just not do this questline at all. Garrosh fans no doubt felt the same during 5.1 datamining.
Since it seems Saurfang broke out on his own terms, without being a puppet of Anduin, I would totally back him up, considering his plans for the future. Whatever he wants, it is not a peace on the terms the Alliance dictates. He would have stayed in his cell if that was his plan.
30/09/2018 22:58Posted by Todrazok
Blizzard stated in an interview that Sylvanas would not be going the way of Garrosh. This is flat out the exact same plot-line as the Dagger in the Dark Scenario with Vol'jin. We're only a few steps away from a full on Saurfang Rebellion at this point.

Well she isn't going the way of Garrosh.

Sylv is gonna die this expansion. Totally different from Garrosh.