Any updates on the thin Kul Tiran humans?

General
Hey there. I still could not find any official statement, whether the thin humans will become playable alongside their bulkier counterparts or not.

I would highly appreciate if anyone has some information, an official statement or an update on that matter.

To be honest, I only bought BFA in the hopes of playing one of them. So far the alliance does not have one thin male character model. It is just important for me to be able to identify myself within my character and so far there simply is no model within the alliance that does that. Most males are just very muscular.

I urge you to heavily consider implementing these as an allied race option. These thin kul tirans exist, thin people exist. I want to be represented too. We do exist, they are in Boralus, there is no reason to not make them playable. Why should only Bulky humans decide to join the alliance? It makes no sense.

Also as Jaina, one of the arguably most powerful Mages within the alliance I heavily urge you to consider making mages playable for Kul Tirans, everything else would be just unreasonable.

Thank you for listening.

I am still hopeful for this. Please make it happen.
I see two problems why they're (imo) probably not going to be playable.

1. there's no female equivalent to the thin male model.
2. the thin male model doesn't seem to be made with the idea of player armor in mind (I think they only wear those standard civilian clothes). I think it'd be too much trouble for Blizzard to fix this with all the possible armor thingies for a one-sex customization option.

That said, I would love them in-game and would probably roll a human for about the first time in forever if they were playable!

Late edit: as others have pointed out, my (2.) is moot as the thin humans share a skeleton with undead females apparently.
in fitting with the theme i don't think Kul'tiran Mages should be a thing,

i feel like Jaina left to train under Antondias because Kul'tiras didn't really do Mages

it equates to witchcraft, so instead their fatih and esotericism is with Sea Priests and Drust Druids

if we continue along this line it would open up the idea for Paladins because the Inquisition and crusades fit into that 'fear of evil' theme of Pagan/Christian Britain,
there were crusaders from England, at least, but we know the rest of the Isles are more zealous

but they may just play that off as Warriors

more to the topic; i would also really like playable thin humans - at the moment we only have Elves to play to fit that build and everybody hates Elves here

it would be nice not to be immediately hated

also the thin Kul'tiran is just the Forsaken frame
26/09/2018 14:45Posted by Deathmidget

2. the thin male model doesn't seem to be made with the idea of player armor in mind (I think they only wear those standard civilian clothes). I think it'd be too much trouble for Blizzard to fix this with all the possible armor thingies for a one-sex customization option.

That said, I would love them in-game and would probably roll a human for about the first time in forever if they were playable!

Also to add, visually, it will be easier to tell a normal Human from a T H I C C Kul Tiran Human though having said that, it's not easy to tell the difference between original and Draenor orcs if they've got a lot of armor on... and even after that it's a bit difficult.
26/09/2018 14:40Posted by Mervias

I am still hopeful for this. Please make it happen.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment
26/09/2018 14:49Posted by Teknetia
Also to add, visually, it will be easier to tell a normal Human from a T H I C C Kul Tiran

I still think that matters though, as adding thin and (in your words) T H I C C humans in -one- allied race is practically giving humans two allied races in one, though I guess that would hold up to all those 'human potential' jokes I keep seeing lately.
26/09/2018 14:45Posted by Deathmidget

To 1. I dont see why that is supposed to be a problem.
But well, there is also no hunch back version for female Orcs. There already are thin female model's within the alliance, which is most of them and with the addition of female void elves, you really have a super thin female model.

2. what do you exactly mean? Care to share sources on that? I didn't read anything about these problems. And I don't see why there should be any since the model is derived from the female Undead Model which works fine with any pieces of gear.

I don't see why Blizzard would put resources into the creation of these just as NPCs. Even as hostile NPCs they only come up very rarely. Like one in Stormsong Valley as a World Quest named mob and one in the Shrine of the Storms as an evil Caster.

They usually don't put resources into things that have no effect.

I'd also argue that creating something, not giving clear information about its availability and then finally not making them playable will of course create a lot of frustration for the playerbase as opposed to simply not creating these in the first place.

I would have never cared about them, had they not existed.

I think Blizzard is usually smart in these things.

It would only be fair to have them, after the Orcs got their straight backs.
26/09/2018 14:48Posted by Nerrus

more to the topic; i would also really like playable thin humans - at the moment we only have Elves to play to fit that build and everybody hates Elves here

Well Elves may be "beautiful". But they are not thin. Not the male ones, they are just as muscular as the male humans. They just don't look as clunky because their model was not created in 2003.
if they where going to be available i'm pretty sure they'd squeeze on in on the allied races page to confirm that. i mean it'd be a pretty unique feature for WoW having 2 body types on 1 race.
26/09/2018 15:07Posted by Pitboss
if they where going to be available i'm pretty sure they'd squeeze on in on the allied races page to confirm that. i mean it'd be a pretty unique feature for WoW having 2 body types on 1 race.

I never thought of that. Sounds reasonable to me. However, they often advertised things in the past that then ended up being cut. Maybe they are just more careful about what to show to the audience about content that only comes a year later.

Like when they said they were gonna add a dance studio in Wotlk. Or that original Titan Path thing or whatever it was called that never made it into the game in its original form. Or the missing Zone in WoD that never made it into the game.
26/09/2018 14:57Posted by Mervias
And I don't see why there should be any since the model is derived from the female Undead Model which works fine with any pieces of gear

This I did not know and it makes me hopeful to get them. I do still think it'd be weird for Blizzard to make a male only option, the non-hunched orc male being a fix for a flaw the females never had is somewhat different imo.
26/09/2018 15:29Posted by Deathmidget

This I did not know and it makes me hopeful to get them. I do still think it'd be weird for Blizzard to make a male only option, the non-hunched orc male being a fix for a flaw the females never had is somewhat different imo.

Well, the female humans also never had the flaw of only having bulky options available. The female human model is reasonable normal in figure. There is no necessity for a thinner female model. The female Void Elves are already super slim, arguable even thinner than the thin kul tirans. Whereas the male human model looks like a muscular chimpanzee. Sexual Dimorphism has always been quite extrem within WoW, with most males being bulky and most females being beautiful and graceful in figure.

There is no need for a female counterpart, cause that flaw doesn't exist in the female races that are available.

If anything you needed the opposite for females to fix that existing flaw of a lack of variety in shape. Which is exactly what is going to happen with the as people called them "thicc" kul tiran female humans. Therefore the perfect counterpart for the thicc female human is actually the thin human to even the odds.
I have a feeling we will only get the bulky Kul Tirans as playable and not the thin ones, which is a shame as I would love to play a thinner one, also just looking at the mix of NPC Kul Tirans in the islands there not all bulky ones. As I will be playing a druid it won`t be to much of an issue for me as I will mostly be in druid forms which do look very cool
26/09/2018 15:32Posted by Mervias
Therefore the perfect counterpart for the thicc female human is actually the thin human to even the odds.

I agree with you completely, but compared to other allied races I don't see this happening. I would love to have seen a more diverse range of options in build for Draenei, Tauren or Orcs to combat what you call the (imo, boring) Sexual Dimorphism (that's a TIL for me). But in the end it doesn't seem that is an allied races goal for Blizzard.
It is just important for me to be able to identify myself within my character and so far there simply is no model within the alliance that does that.

(...)

I want to be represented too.

I'm in a wheelchair.

/discuss
26/09/2018 15:48Posted by Ashekiran

I'm in a wheelchair.

/discuss

Well there are trikes and bikes and chauffeur mounts.
26/09/2018 15:46Posted by Deathmidget

I agree with you completely, but compared to other allied races I don't see this happening. I would love to have seen a more diverse range of options in build for Draenei, Tauren or Orcs to combat what you call the (imo, boring) Sexual Dimorphism (that's a TIL for me). But in the end it doesn't seem that is an allied races goal for Blizzard.

When I initially saw the Kul Tiran humans it made me think more broadly about the allied race system. About why people want certain races and what. I came to the conclusion that most people want the new races because the old models are just so much inferior. They cannot change a 14 year old model anymore, people have grown familiar with their characters.

It also made me think that having so many different races is really unecessary. There should theoretically be options to be taller, shorter, thicker, thinner for all races to some degree. And in the past different races offered just that - another body shape and statue. But when there is actually real customization options within one race. Like 5 different human bodies to choose from, then I don't need to play a voidelf anymore to feel more like myself ingame.
26/09/2018 16:03Posted by Mervias
then I don't need to play a voidelf anymore to feel more like myself ingame

Many would like the idea of sliders for heigth, weight etc, me included. But there's another reason to play other races as well and that is the race fantasy. I love playing gnomes as well as night elves, not because I identify as them as a person, but because I love the lore behind them. In that way, I applaud allied races as giving more options.
26/09/2018 16:14Posted by Deathmidget

Many would like the idea of sliders for heigth, weight etc, me included. But there's another reason to play other races as well and that is the race fantasy. I love playing gnomes as well as night elves, not because I identify as them as a person, but because I love the lore behind them. In that way, I applaud allied races as giving more options.

Theoretically yes. Practically it's often very hard for me to feel immersed within a races lore and what for various reasons.

I like Night Elves, but their male models are just so horrible, that I can never touch them again. They have no more capital, all they have now is ruins. They is no heritage armor for them yet.

I do like Nightborne. However, I feel like the males agian, were terribly executed. On top of that they don't look good in pieces of armor you can find. They don't look good in the Horde Red and I generally don't like them being in the Horde.

I do like Gnomes, but for me to feel immersed in the Gnome fantasy I need more Tech and Gadget gameplay. I do run Engineering on most of my characters but what you can do with it is extremely limiting. If I play a Gnome I need more than that. Why do all Gnome Quest givers always play with Gadgets but I as a player cannot?

I do like Blood Elves. But I don't like them being part of the Horde.

I like most races. I think all of them have some really interesting flair, be it for their story, their architecture or what motivates them. What then hinders me from playing them is the execution in form of these terrible models we have to play, lack of customization.

If I play a void elf, I want to use Void Magic too. If I play a troll I want Voodoo Magic. Why cant I be a Tauren Spirit Walker? Why can't I use Star Magic as a Night Elf Priestess? The current classes are all very limited in these aspects. I like how demon Hunters can only be Night and Blood Elves. I liked when there were no Horde Paladins and Alliance Shamans, I like when the classes were more limited in which races they could be played by.
What you want is a stronger race fantasy, a bit like the class hall had quite some great class fantasy going for it (take for example the Warlock order hall). I would LOVE for blizzard to do this, but I am afraid that would take too much effort for too little gain in their eyes. Then again, you're right in claiming that if we're just getting new (allied) races without getting the feeling of them being unique, they might as well not be added at all.

26/09/2018 16:21Posted by Mervias
liked when there were no Horde Paladins and Alliance Shamans, I like when the classes were more limited in which races they could be played by.

I have been thinking about this as well. If WoW was starting from scratch again and I had a say in class-race design, I would try to severly limit class options per race and somehow give each race some difference in their choices (Dwarf hunter strictly uses guns with appropriate animations while Nelf hunter only uses bows) - and again indeed a real difference between alliance and horde.