Weather team?

Pet Battles
Can anyone recommend some cool combos revolving around weather effects?
I already know about the sunlight+overheal one of course, but I was thinking of making a whole team built around weather effects and the attacks that benefit from them.
How about

Moonlight + Creeping Fungus.

With Moonlight up Creeping Fungus gets a decent damage buff. If you combine this with a Stampede type effect to double damage taken for two rounds this can be a really lethal combo.
27/09/2018 13:38Posted by Visciousvic
How about

Moonlight + Creeping Fungus.

With Moonlight up Creeping Fungus gets a decent damage buff. If you combine this with a Stampede type effect to double damage taken for two rounds this can be a really lethal combo.

Thanks!
I'm going to try this as soon as I get off work, with the variety of stampede type multi turn hit moves it would be extra effective against a multitude of targets.
I like call lighting with cyclone, rain dance and dibbler third but any mechanical will work.

Cleansing rain and dreadful breath is a cool tactic albeit straightforward.

There are alternative sunlight teams with pets like Darkmoon Hatchling, Rebellious Imp, Tragg the Curious.
Hello Darkness my old friend.

Otherwise, also consider Scorched Earth. If you can keep that as the weather you have a very strong advantage. Disco has several examples with the Silver Dragonhawk Hatchling.
I found what seems to be the perfect pet for creeping fungus, the infected squirrel. Took sone time to find a rare but I'm training it now.

I'll try out the other combos soon.
H/P breed is best for Infected Squirrel.

I messed around with a team of H/P Infected Squirrel, S/S Ban-Fu, P/S Shimmering Aquafly last pet week. Prowl + Spirit Claws in Moonlight is a one-shot - if your opponent lets you get it off. Don't waste it on a pet already at low health. It did quite well, but then it was pet week. In weeks with fewer inexperienced players, you're more likely to meet counters to your weather and your Stampede, and some avoidance for your nuke.

Other Moonlight pets that you could consider are S/S Nether Faerie Dragon, and Trunks if you've got him.
28/09/2018 09:01Posted by Gráinne
H/P breed is best for Infected Squirrel.

I messed around with a team of H/P Infected Squirrel, S/S Ban-Fu, P/S Shimmering Aquafly last pet week. Prowl + Spirit Claws in Moonlight is a one-shot - if your opponent lets you get it off. Don't waste it on a pet already at low health. It did quite well, but then it was pet week. In weeks with fewer inexperienced players, you're more likely to meet counters to your weather and your Stampede, and some avoidance for your nuke.

Other Moonlight pets that you could consider are S/S Nether Faerie Dragon, and Trunks if you've got him.

Ninja NFD is the moonlight pet I have been using for my trial runs, but I am thinking of using sparkle bunny.

Stardust has starfall for moonlight, and celestial blessing to give the squirrel a shield wall when it switches in. No idea if it will work but would be cool if it does.
Stardust is a nice pet. A bit fragile. Pity you can't have both Moonlight and its primary power, since they're in the same tier. Some healing for it would be nice in a third, for when you bring it back in, but most Wish pets are also magic.

Moonlight boosts healing, so Renewing Mists and Wish synergise.

Somehow, Stardust, Inf Squirrel and Crab/Crawdad doesn't feel convincing though.

You could maybe run Stardust, Inf Squirrel and NFD? Two Moonlights to counter a weather-changer, and buffed Magic Damage. But again, I don't feel blown away. But then, I've never had much luck with Moonlight myself.

Hm, Disco does some Infected Squirrel here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16OrczjedH8
28/09/2018 09:18Posted by Gráinne
Stardust is a nice pet. A bit fragile. Pity you can't have both Moonlight and its primary power, since they're in the same tier. Some healing for it would be nice in a third, for when you bring it back in, but most Wish pets are also magic.

Moonlight boosts healing, so Renewing Mists and Wish synergise.

Somehow, Stardust, Inf Squirrel and Crab/Crawdad doesn't feel convincing though.

You could maybe run Stardust, Inf Squirrel and NFD? Two Moonlights to counter a weather-changer, and buffed Magic Damage. But again, I don't feel blown away. But then, I've never had much luck with Moonlight myself.

Hm, Disco does some Infected Squirrel here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16OrczjedH8

Ban-Fu sounds awesome but sadly I haven't yet unlocked all the monk quests in Legion =(
Sunlight + Wish is an obvious one as some have mentioned, but I'd like to add that it works very well with humanoids because you can use an aura or long DoT and pull them back for quite good heals to offset the cost of swapping (while the rotation makes time for other cooldowns). Personally I've played a lot with Sunflower/Crawdad/Fiendish Imp, with the imp showing up mainly to refresh the aura and the occasional Nethergate to break combos or deal free damage.