People who like raider IO

General
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
I like raider.io
28/09/2018 15:08Posted by Synthium
I like raider.io

FOTM DH. not surprised tbh
28/09/2018 15:06Posted by Lockhero

I'ma be honest, most of the times you didn't get removed were probably because the leader didn't bother checking what spec you were playing and just assumed BM. lol

I don't think that is happening, because lately I've started to inform the group that I am in fact playing SV. The spec is doing really well and can more than pull its weight.

Because if you don't want to do something yourself, you probably shouldn't try to do it without doing it. If you lead, you set the rules. If you don't lead, you don't set the rules. There's no me leading and you setting the rules, it's not how it works.
They did not sign up any Blizzard agreements for scoring, 3rd party scoring that is limiting their options. Thus they have every right to complain about it. Even if it were built in to the game, they would still be free to voice their opinion about it.

"If it weren't r.io score, it would be something different"
Likely, yes. But I'm willing to bet less people would be using it if it took more effort than r.io does, which is basically none.

Having a personal opinion about something is very healthy, and highly encouraged to use in your own group.
Yes, that's what I do. When ever I've the time and key to spare I'm helping others to get their weekly done.
28/09/2018 15:21Posted by Vilu
They did not sign up any Blizzard agreements for scoring, 3rd party scoring that is limiting their options. Thus they have every right to complain about it. Even if it were built in to the game, they would still be free to voice their opinion about it.

Everything raider.io uses, every bit of information, is already accessible in the game as well. It is presented in a more readable fashion on raider.io, but it still is accessible in the game or official resources. Everyone is free to voice whatever opinion they want, doesn't mean it is worth anything though unless they have an actual argument in favor of, which they don't.

28/09/2018 15:21Posted by Vilu
"If it weren't r.io score, it would be something different"
Likely, yes. But I'm willing to bet less people would be using it if it took more effort than r.io does, which is basically none.

Yes, the point of all addons is to make a tedious task less tedious. For example, leading a group is made less tedious by tools such as raider.io (for group selection), exorsus raid tools (for assigning tasks in raids), epgp (for loot distribution), and so on. You of all people, who "loathe leading", would probably do better to understand that something that takes some weight off the shoulders of leaders is a good thing.

It's the same with addons that have nothing to do with leading: they exist to make tasks easier. DBM makes it easier to see the tells of an encounter, gladius makes it easier to track various things in Arena, postal makes it easier to take your mail, auctionator makes it easier to sell and buy stuff, and so on.

Effort when it is put in gameplay is fine and how things should be, but effort in the metagame is not.

Also, in the end the only people who get in my group, no matter what selection tools and addons are available, are the people *I* want to play with. Because that's my group, thus my rules. Selection tools and addons make it easier to find people I might want to play with, nothing more.
i like how you can create your own profile to make it all cute ^,..^
28/09/2018 14:12Posted by Vulrin
people who like / use raider i.o use it to keep out slackers. I'd take a good warlock anyday over a DH, like wise for any other classes. HOWEVER no proof, no pudding im afraid.
DH is Better in heavy aoe cleave situations though
28/09/2018 14:12Posted by Vulrin
people who like / use raider i.o use it to keep out slackers. I'd take a good warlock anyday over a DH, like wise for any other classes. HOWEVER no proof, no pudding im afraid.

People who use raider.io are the slackers.
right imma list some reasons this is literally the complete opposite to what the OP is trying to say.

- Raider.io is used because ilevel became a Lotto, two players could do the exact same amount of Dungeons/World Quests/LFR Raids and World Bosses and be Very different ilevels, so ilevel no longer means anything more then actual luck to be fair.. ilevel lost ALOT of reason to be taken seriously during legion.

- to build a Raider.io score u must play one class Repeatively through the content, this is because raider.io is not account wide it will only display your highest Scoring Char as a "main chars Score" and Seperately puts ur Specific characters score there aswell.

this means Raider.io can Detect FoTM Players immediately and lets the person using this addon exactly whos doing it.. it also means the person has to do ALOT of M+ to calculate up. Not to mention it goes on Leaderboards so doing em further down the week is actually pointless as it wont aid ur score in slightest.

- Raider.io Values the Amount of time u've put into ur character, and Specifically one character only, the people who like Raider.io arent Altaholics or people who hardcore.. nor elitists.. its a Score which tells u what that person has put into his character in not a perfect way but a better estimation against what we currently have in the game.

Before raider.io existed People were looknig up ur characters to see achievements/gear/Time played etc etc. they were looking at Logs u were measured in and more. just because its now a compact addon does not make it new to World of Warcraft.

Raider.io actually calls out the FoTM Rerollers, because u LOSE progress by changing classes continously, in Legion i suffered majorly having 27 different chars as my raider.io never broke 1500 cause of how Many different chars i was doing M+ With.

Look at my raider.io lol, im low as hell, i only just did my first two M+s yesterday, ironically not down to Rerolling either, I wanted the Dark Iron Heritage armour which took a while to Muscle through the new irritation called Levelling. Raider.io Punishs Players for trying to Skip content. it tells the group leader u have no experience Close to what ur trying to access.

u have to do it the Same as EVERY player using it had to.

build from Doing various dungeons on +2/+3/+4s. Once u've achieved ur Score through getting through every dungeon on these difficulties u will move up enough to get int +5s. Do a whole bunch of keys on this level. If u continously do different dungeons and do them in time and try get these done as early into the reset as you possibly can u will climb.

(im not defending the players who use this system to Ask for players Drastically above the expectations for these dungeons, Yes they exist and No u shouldnt take them seriously.. these are players looking to be boosted in trade for their key)

Someone Demanding 1500 Raider.io for a +3 is Ridiculous. Someone asking to have a Raider.io Around their Own for a low key however is Using the system correctly. to Find players around the Same level as themselves Rather then RNG invite the highest ilevel that applies and Cross ur Fingers they are as good as it looks..

find a guild or a Community.. Generally players who know u aren't basing ur skill on what you are on paper or by statistics as they know you. if u wanna see why people use Raider.io create ur own groups and PuG, u will very quickly find urself knowing the answers here, the WoW community are full of people of a Range of Different personailities and some of those personalities u don't want involved in your groups Where a Leaver/AFKer/Rager could Cause u to lose ur key very quickly.

I had a DH in one of my groups who kept saying "GO FASTER GOOGOOGOGO LOOK AT THE TIME" we lost that key because players were too busy trying to get the dungeon done in 10 minutes rather then using he fact we had half hour or more to get through the dungeon and still make the timer.
28/09/2018 09:19Posted by Lockhero
warlocks

Affliction warlocks*
warlocks

Affliction warlocks*

Heres your problem.

your a class not a Specc, u will be expected to play what performs best for your class, Hence why most recommend playing a Class u enjoy ALL Playstyles of rather then zooming in on one Specc.

Players complaining a Specific specc doesn't work its normally because of this.

Speccs Fit Nichts and Different situations, blizzard build classes together to force u to play all the Speccs of your class.

if blizzard EVER intended WoW to be played in that fashion classes wouldnt have Multiple DPS Speccs Full Stop..

Play a Class not a Specc.

People are crying out on "FoTM" etc etc but in all honesty.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19 DKs are sitting righbt at the top with both Speccs yet one of the most QQ'd Speccs in the game about balancing.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#difficulty=4 Warlocks directly at the top of the list yet again a class everyones sayings unbalanced.

"rogue, DH Warriors" and all the other "FoTM" Speccs you calling out arent touching ur class in DPS.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/20 M+ being represented again by Warlocks, Druids and Mages Doing better then Warriors and DHs and only one Specc of the Rogue actually pulling against your class. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/20#bracket=5 only in low keys are these classes beating you and thats likely because Mobs are dying so fast anything with Instant AoE DPS will win, but ur still very competitive against them when looking how much % they are above you.

its really not a case of "FoTM Class" its more "FoTM Specc" and it just happens to be ones u refuse to play.. which means ur playing ur class Wrong. there are 24 Different DPS Speccs in the game, all with a variety of strengths in AoE, ST, Sustained DPS, Burst DPS, Survivability, Ranged, Melee, Hybrids, Scaling at different speeds. blizzards never going to make every Specc in the game function in every bit of Content... all they can really do is Try and ensure every class has a Option that will keep them competitive. and the only class they've really failed HARD is Priest and Shaman with no Viable DPS Options realistically.
28/09/2018 17:15Posted by Zyral
right imma list some reasons this is literally the complete opposite to what the OP is trying to say.

- Raider.io is used because ilevel became a Lotto, two players could do the exact same amount of Dungeons/World Quests/LFR Raids and World Bosses and be Very different ilevels, so ilevel no longer means anything more then actual luck to be fair.. ilevel lost ALOT of reason to be taken seriously during legion.

- to build a Raider.io score u must play one class Repeatively through the content, this is because raider.io is not account wide it will only display your highest Scoring Char as a "main chars Score" and Seperately puts ur Specific characters score there aswell.

this means Raider.io can Detect FoTM Players immediately and lets the person using this addon exactly whos doing it.. it also means the person has to do ALOT of M+ to calculate up. Not to mention it goes on Leaderboards so doing em further down the week is actually pointless as it wont aid ur score in slightest.

- Raider.io Values the Amount of time u've put into ur character, and Specifically one character only, the people who like Raider.io arent Altaholics or people who hardcore.. nor elitists.. its a Score which tells u what that person has put into his character in not a perfect way but a better estimation against what we currently have in the game.

Before raider.io existed People were looknig up ur characters to see achievements/gear/Time played etc etc. they were looking at Logs u were measured in and more. just because its now a compact addon does not make it new to World of Warcraft.

Raider.io actually calls out the FoTM Rerollers, because u LOSE progress by changing classes continously, in Legion i suffered majorly having 27 different chars as my raider.io never broke 1500 cause of how Many different chars i was doing M+ With.

Look at my raider.io lol, im low as hell, i only just did my first two M+s yesterday, ironically not down to Rerolling either, I wanted the Dark Iron Heritage armour which took a while to Muscle through the new irritation called Levelling. Raider.io Punishs Players for trying to Skip content. it tells the group leader u have no experience Close to what ur trying to access.

build from Doing various dungeons on +2/+3/+4s. Once u've achieved ur Score through getting through every dungeon on these difficulties u will move up enough to get int +5s. Do a whole bunch of keys on this level. If u continously do different dungeons and do them in time and try get these done as early into the reset as you possibly can u will climb.

(im not defending the players who use this system to Ask for players Drastically above the expectations for these dungeons, Yes they exist and No u shouldnt take them seriously.. these are players looking to be boosted in trade for their key)

Someone Demanding 1500 Raider.io for a +3 is Ridiculous. Someone asking to have a Raider.io Around their Own for a low key however is Using the system correctly. to Find players around the Same level as themselves Rather then RNG invite the highest ilevel that applies and Cross ur Fingers they are as good as it looks..

find a guild or a Community.. Generally players who know u aren't basing ur skill on what you are on paper or by statistics as they know you. if u wanna see why people use Raider.io create ur own groups and PuG, u will very quickly find urself knowing the answers here, the WoW community are full of people of a Range of Different personailities and some of those personalities u don't want involved in your groups Where a Leaver/AFKer/Rager could Cause u to lose ur key very quickly.

I had a DH in one of my groups who kept saying "GO FASTER GOOGOOGOGO LOOK AT THE TIME" we lost that key because players were too busy trying to get the dungeon done in 10 minutes rather then using he fact we had half hour or more to get through the dungeon and still make the timer.

consider the following

go on google and type in "raider.io score boosted service"

suddenly i can pay to skip all of that and boost my way in. zero effort, maximum results.
Are people who play OP/desirable classes.

Rio doesn't benefit good players it benefits players who play the FOTM classes. Rogues, DH , warlocks, hunters, mages, for example.

As for tanks/heal, well RIO also benefits them since being a tank heal is already enough to get you invited with alower score.

People who are suffering now are undesirable DPS classes. For example if you aren't a rogue and leaders want 1 melee 2 ranged as their comp, you have no chance getting into that group unless maybe you are a DH and they will take 2 melee

Similarly if you are ranged and not a warlock, you need to be overscored or overgeared

You are complaining about min/maxing basically which is older than wow. No matter what Blizzard do there will never be balance. Unless they turn us all into one class with all the same spells and abilities balance CANNOT exist. There will always be classes at the top and classes at the bottom. Thats why they have to nerf/buff in rotations and why it never ends. Because there is no balance attainable.
29/09/2018 09:57Posted by Amazarak
28/09/2018 17:15Posted by Zyral

consider the following

suddenly i can pay to skip all of that and boost my way in. zero effort, maximum results.

I wouldnt say maximum results. All that person will do is jump around depleting keys of players who worked hard to be a good player.
29/09/2018 10:01Posted by Noragrets
29/09/2018 09:57Posted by Amazarak

consider the following

I wouldnt say maximum results. All that person will do is jump around depleting keys of players who worked hard to be a good player.

and they still get boosted. regardless, people who can't be bothered will do this, so again, using IO as a measure of skill is redundant when you can pay your way
28/09/2018 15:10Posted by Lockhero
28/09/2018 15:08Posted by Synthium
I like raider.io

I am playing a balance druid and still got 1151 score. So with FOTM classes you mean literally every class that is not a shaman or Priest(only shadow as disc is by one of the best dungeon healers. holy is fine) i guess? Read up on what FOTM means. And as a warlock you should have 0 issues getting into groups. Especially not on tyrannical weeks.

And you cant blame the community for not taking those 2 "non-fotm" specs as you would call them. Blizzard is to blame as they ignored all the feedback they have gotten since BfA was in alpha. Their downsides were known as long ago as the start of Legion like crappy defensives on shamans and havent changed for 2+ years now.

Even if you play an actual FOTM spec your score doesnt just magically appear on your profile. They worked for the score and usually earned it.
If you cant get to similar scores its not because of your class, spec or eating habits, its because you simply lack the dedication for it and would rather leech off of others that already put work into getting where they are instead of climbing the same ladder all of us did.
29/09/2018 14:32Posted by Amazarak
29/09/2018 10:01Posted by Noragrets

and they still get boosted. regardless, people who can't be bothered will do this, so again, using IO as a measure of skill is redundant when you can pay your way

Its not redundant. Its still a good guideline most of the time.
not a fan of raider io, i can see some use of it but what i see most is it spilt players from each other... i see daily that ppl from a same guild, ppl that have play together for along time, not want to play with ppl with a lower score, just bc they dont have the same time to put in to the game. but still have the same skill as thos player with higher score. as a main tank it make me sick to see ppl let something like a score stop them to play with fellow guild member or friends. and yes i know that alot of crap players out there and i see them alot, but come on raider io is spilting the Communities just like the ilvl did and achievement

sometime it just get hard to keep picking thos that fall behind up the gogogo train, bc they have a life in the real world or just dont want to do M+ all day.... but hey it can be me, that just from the old school where no one is left behind as long they show the will to learn and move on.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I am playing a balance druid and still got 1151 score. So with FOTM classes you mean literally every class that is not a shaman or Priest(only shadow as disc is by one of the best dungeon healers. holy is fine) i guess? Read up on what FOTM means. And as a warlock you should have 0 issues getting into groups. Especially not on tyrannical weeks.

And you cant blame the community for not taking those 2 "non-fotm" specs as you would call them. Blizzard is to blame as they ignored all the feedback they have gotten since BfA was in alpha. Their downsides were known as long ago as the start of Legion like crappy defensives on shamans and havent changed for 2+ years now.

Even if you play an actual FOTM spec your score doesnt just magically appear on your profile. They worked for the score and usually earned it.
If you cant get to similar scores its not because of your class, spec or eating habits, its because you simply lack the dedication for it and would rather leech off of others that already put work into getting where they are instead of climbing the same ladder all of us did.

Boomkins are actually one of the best specs for M+ atm, they do an insane amount of damage with a bit lacking utility compared to warlocks and mages. Rank 1 key in the world now is a +18 and has a boomie so.

Also its more about specs, not classes. Feral druids for example are largely unwanted while boomies are not.

And look dude, it might be hard for you to understand since you're playing the FOTM classes, but it is infact harder for an undesirable DPS spec to get into M+ keys than one that is wanted, and even if they get in, they're less likely to have a good run since anyone who doesn't wait for a good rogue/warlock etc and decides to take a enh sham or ww monk instead is probably less serious about the key and therefore less knowledgeable about the meta and state of the game right now. Also i don't main wlock right now for the record.