Vanilla should be VANILLA! And nothing else.

Classic Discussion
Like the title says Vanilla = Vanilla and nothing more. We the old vanilla players dont want anything else except the same experience from Vanilla. - the bugs you can fix and please blizz no falling thru the map when blinking xD

Oh YES Classic!
+ You can actually die in the world while leveling and questing
+ Game difficulty increase
+ When elites were Elites
+ When rares really were rare
+ When epics really were epic
+ When legendary really was omfg a legendary
+ When classes specialized
+ Ranked spells (real healers)
+ No flying mounts
+ You had to work for things you wanted, even mounts (brings value back to items/everything)
+ When racials mattered
+ When you had to talk to people to find a group
+ When you had to talk to people to ask for help in the world
+100 No level scaling!!!
+Old Racial Languages
and so much more...

Also there is plenty of space for future patches or expansions but kept on the same line with minimal upgrades.

In vanilla there were a lot of zones that were only partial developed like Grim Batol ...ok, ok we seen that in Cataclysm but Blizz could make a version for Classic

- The Old Closed subway That was on top of Ironforge and was suppose to go all the way to Darnassus
- Same for Old Ironforge that was accessible from behind the side door in the King Magni Bronzebeard, back in the day as mage you could blink inside, start a duel and get polymorf or as hunter by summoning your pet inside the door and then use
Eyes of the Beast

- Old Dalaran ruins that could be transformed in to an instance
- The Old Farm on the Easter Coast on Arathi Highlands. That could be a quest zone or a new PvP area for a BG. Far in the distance on the see u can look at a lot of alliance ships taking on some Horde ones.
- The Secret Gnome Island in the Great Sea by Tanaris (yet another example)
- The
WKM
room in Orgrimmar ...still no one knows whats that all about!
- The Whispering Forest and its mystery in Tirisfal Glades
....and so much more, i only gave a few examples.

Room for a next expansion i see it in the form of something related to Iron Dwarfs and the Ironforge "basement" that you can get under King Magnis Throne room. Blizz could build an entire new chapter there.

Now, things WE the old vanilla ppl dont want to see are:

No Transmog - we want to acknowledge ppl by their real skill and one will have like 3 blue item set to be like WOW!!!
No Flying Mounts
No Nerfs on the old Mounts (get them as expected, lvl 40 for 100g, and lvl 60 for 1k gold)
No Ingame Tokens, since no one could buy them anyway at the start of the new Legacy servers ...everyone will have only silver in their pockets. At best add them after 6 months or so....
Keep level 60 as max, even if you plan on adding an expansion to the current Vanilla (for the future)
No alteration to Professions CDs. Like if i remember well, could be performed once every 92 hours (3 days, 20 hours) for Mooncloth for example. Or Transmute: Arcanite was 24h CD
No alteration on the old Skills tree. Rock, paper, scissors type pf relation between classes was just fine. Aka Rogue>Mage>Warrior>Rogue, etc I was getting my !@# kicked A LOT by rogues but i also had a lot of friends <3

And definitively NO FAST LEVELING BY ANY MEANS!!!

Keep Vanilla as vanilla, for those people that suggest changes feel free to play on the current version of WoW (Battle for Azeroth) or any other expansion after Vanilla.
Long story short: no changes!

Btw when someone says "those nochangers can't even argument, just brainlessly spamming their mantra" etc., it is because such walls of text can be replaced by simple #nochanges. No one would want to see dozens of huge posts in every "changes" thread, right?
Also we don't want to see:
- LFG Tool
- LFR Tool
- No fast leveling
- No tokens!

Only change I would like to see is free spec changes....
27/09/2018 20:58Posted by Ice
Also we don't want to see:
- LFG Tool
- LFR Tool
- No fast leveling
- No tokens!

Only change I would like to see is free spec changes....

I wonder who are "we" then, in your understanding. I thought OP was speaking about oldschool vanilla fans. And don't you dare to say that such players want such a MAJOR change of a core gameplay mechanic, which would affect the whole endgame as free spec change. You are not one of us.
27/09/2018 21:08Posted by Агграэль

I wonder who are "we" then, in your understanding. I thought OP was speaking about oldschool vanilla fans. And don't you dare to say that such players want such a MAJOR change of a core gameplay mechanic, which would affect the whole endgame as free spec change. You are not one of us.

Glad you liked the post, it's not by me, but some of it was written by me...

Chill the f out winstan...
Agreed
Heh, just wait until they apply that "special" Blizzard polish :D
Vanilla was Vanilla.
Classic will be classic, and very much like vanilla WoW.
"When elites were Elites"
Except for hunters and warlocks... =P
So... this is a blindingly stupid question, for which apologies in advance... but is there any PVP in Vanilla - I mean, do people actually do WSG and (Arathi Basin??) or whatever other BGs existed then? Is it possible to backtrack to that or do we have to set up a new account and start over?

Thanks
29/09/2018 19:24Posted by Warfaryn
So... this is a blindingly stupid question, for which apologies in advance... but is there any PVP in Vanilla - I mean, do people actually do WSG and (Arathi Basin??) or whatever other BGs existed then? Is it possible to backtrack to that or do we have to set up a new account and start over?

There is a lot of it. Even to the point of farming almost-max-level players of opposite faction for HK if BGS don't pop quickly enough - just to get those rank 14 weapons... or just for plain fun. What's different is that BGS won't last days, there will be no more memes about it :)

Just wait for Classic, make an account and start playing, pick engineering and you are good to go.
Played since early beta and all the way through to wotlk. My interest for classic is actually purely wanting to play Wow but not liking the modern gameplay. I am not driven by nostalgia for a pure vanilla copy paste experience but rather 99% of what made vanilla a great MMO for my taste.

Many disagree strongly but I would loooooove new content set in classic as long as it in no way invalidates or changes the vanilla experience or gameplay).

Rebalanced Kharazan raid with rewards that in no way invalidates other gear or messes with the economy would be awesome and a new experience when tuned for vanilla. Same goes for any new dungeon they could think off. Heck they could put new content on a separate island and tie them to achievements rather than gear/gold rewards so it had no hard impact on the integrity of the vanilla experience.

A man can dream ^^
I doubt they will change much if anything, They will scale the resolution and textures for newer hardware and such things but not much beyond that.
They should know by now much more than this would cause them trouble.
Something struck me the other day.... how is going to be the loot system?! I mean if everyone remembers (the old ppl) there was a lot of ninja back in the day. Blizz fixed this some Expansions later (dont remember when) so the main drop(s) will pop as a window on everyone's screen so at least the person that loots does not HS with it and everyone had a fare roll chance.

So Blizz will keep it the old way or the new way with the loot system?! Other then that anywhere from 1 to 3+ drops/killed mob system was the old way and should remain the same. Since grind in Vanilla was a thing and had it's well established purpose.
I WANT CHANGES! Increase server pop cap to 5-7k, make 4k graphics, improved networking. Have optional vanilla servers where they add more content to vanilla.
27/09/2018 20:42Posted by Oninohanzo
No Transmog

Absolutely. And why would anyone even want this crap in classic?
I mean, dunno how to explain it, but compared to armor designs in WotLK and later, classic gear was... different. Simplistic, in a good way, and more variative. Even if it was all mixed up, it seemed legit - players looked like real adventurers.
And we also had sets of cool-looking !@#$ for special RPing occasions laying in bank...
Just a thought.
Vanilla was fun because it was an MMORPG and there were server communities. Actual class mechanics and balance was complete and utter garbage. Half the specs weren't playable at all in any kind of semi-competitive environment.

Out of the 3 tanking classes only 1 was viable. Rogue and mage were the only classes dishing out competitive dps. Druids were complete garbage, including their mandatory healing spec.

Resto shaman and Holy paladins wearing cloth items because their itemization sucked. Elemental being unplayable because of absolutely no gear to support it (mana regen). Etc.

They could easily fix some of those issues and it wouldn't take anything away from Vanilla - it would just improve it.
I don't see a single "issue" with what you've described. Classes aren't supposed to be balanced in RPGs. They're supposed to be unique.
Also you don't even know what you're talking about. Warlocks and hunters also had decent dps and, more importantly, "utility" abilities that were required in many situations.
Some specs, for example, were purposed to be levelling specs, not competitive endgame specs.
No classes were restricted to wear ONLY plate or ONLY mail or whatever, what a retarded suggestion. Why armor should matter for a healing paladin or dps fury warrior? E.g. famous Edgemaster's Handguards were designed to fit fury warriors, being mail. This is exactly why itemization was great.
Get lost, casual.
So much cringe...
02/10/2018 09:44Posted by Dumac
So much cringe...

cheer up m9