Bellulargaming takes Blizzard to task

General
Prev 1 5 6 7 11 Next
Wow, this thread turned into a mess real quick.

Back on topic, some wow youtubers/streamers bring well argumented points. Like this guys or not, at least they try to argument (mostly Bellular).
You do release that Bellulargaming has done introduction videos for blizzard in the last two months, hes a bit more than you say unless its just sour grapes.

Blizzard's Community team is most excellent and really good at interacting and communicating with fansites and influential WoW personalities. Whether that's in the form of giving them Beta access or commisioning drawings from distinct fan artists, or highlighting steams on the battle.net launcher, or having them do WoW or SCII introduction videos, it's something they're really good at.

But...

It doesn't change the fact that these Youtube personalities are starting to have really loud voices, and people seem to increasingly subscribe to their opinions rather than forming their own.

It's a bit like with politics. You see people who've just devoted themselves to a certain politician. They believe everything that the politician says is right, and they don't really form their own opinion on things, but merely adopt the viewpoint of the politician. Free-thinking is completely abscent.

It feels like parts of the WoW community is falling into that hole.
I mean, you wrote the OP for this thread. And it's Bellular's opinion you presented. Not your own. His.
Why? Why didn't you sit down, thought long and hard on the subject of Azerite gear, and wrote your own opinion about it?

If I'm discussing Azerite gear with you, is it really you I'm discussing it with, or are you just presenting Bellular's views to me, as the follower you are?

Where's the individual's voice in these topics? The free thinking? The feedback based on personal gameplay experiences?
30/09/2018 16:34Posted by Jito
You do release that Bellulargaming has done introduction videos for blizzard in the last two months, hes a bit more than you say unless its just sour grapes.

Blizzard's Community team is most excellent and really good at interacting and communicating with fansites and influential WoW personalities. Whether that's in the form of giving them Beta access or commisioning drawings from distinct fan artists, or highlighting steams on the battle.net launcher, or having them do WoW or SCII introduction videos, it's something they're really good at.

But...

It doesn't change the fact that these Youtube personalities are starting to have really loud voices, and people seem to increasingly subscribe to their opinions rather than forming their own.

It's a bit like with politics. You see people who've just devoted themselves to a certain politician. They believe everything that the politician says is right, and they don't really form their own opinion on things, but merely adopt the viewpoint of the politician. Free-thinking is completely abscent.

I mean, you wrote the OP for this thread. And it's Bellular's opinion you presented. Not your own. His.
Why? Why didn't you sit down, thought long and hard on the subject of Azerite gear, and wrote your own opinion about it?

If I'm discussing Azerite gear with you, is it really you I'm discussing it with, or are you just presenting Bellular's views to me, as the follower you are?

Where's the individual's voice in these topics? The free thinking? The feedback based on personal gameplay experiences?

Fine, here's my opinion: roll the game back to patch 7.3.5 for the next 6 months or however long it takes to recreate a functional azerite gearing system. Discuss.
Jito I play across several servers have plenty of 120 chars and know the systems back in Alpha when wow first started have a background in most areas , but you seem a bit out of touch with the community at present.
30/09/2018 16:40Posted by Mortheria
but you seem a bit out of touch with the community at present.

Good. That means my opinions are still my own.
Belly is pretty woke. I'm sure Taliesin will trawl this thread for the one comment he can use to make people he opposes look like extremists though.
29/09/2018 17:54Posted by Eighjan
29/09/2018 17:50Posted by Darthtoon
you do know there is ways to disable youtube adverts right?
If you mean pay for YouTube premium, f*** that.

It would also require me to use YT enough to care about removing them.

It's called adblock you cretin.
30/09/2018 16:41Posted by Jito

Not really. Your opinions are the opinions of a Blizzard white knight who is unable to admit the reasons why this expansion has the worst ratings in the history WoW.
30/09/2018 16:58Posted by Taronn

Not really. Your opinions are the opinions of a Blizzard white knight who is unable to admit the reasons why this expansion has the worst ratings in the history WoW.

And your is an opinion of a sheep following the streamers on youtube. Beeeeeeh
Well, for one I don't agree with a lot of things Asmon say and I don't join complaining cavalries either, check my history if you don't believe me. Yet you still technically pooled me with a lot of them. My point is, if I'm one of asmon's viewers, that means there are others who don't feel the need to act the way you claim we all do.
29/09/2018 17:02Posted by Mortheria
True but most streamers think what Belluar said even on the Usa side , hes the first to come out and say it I think many may follow suit. The problem comes when streamers stop doing wow , I know it has happened in the past but the streamers which have said about BFA are the main ones with a lot of people following.

The main issue is the system people say but its in the background where the decisions are made mainly game director level, we may see a change very soon. Ion for the first time had executive producer with him last time that says a lot about how his role is changing.
He is not the first ... preach has been saying this since alpha and pretty much every content creator apart from taliesen and evitel already said that there is a lot wrong with bfa.
idea for 2 new factions in the next exp..

haters vs fans

But...

Simple really, lots of people share that opinion give or take a bit here and there.

I.e. I don't like you're opinion over my own. Some people like it, get over it ffs.
It's a bit concerning to see hostility against players who don't think BfA is complete trash is increasing.
Really getting a "if you're not with us you're against us and part of the problem" vibe lately.
Starting to remind me of WoD's launch when MVP's where being harassed by the pitchfork-crowd.
30/09/2018 15:53Posted by Jito
a lot of the player feedback is not genuine anymore. Rather, a lot of players watch these Youtubers and let them form their opinions for them. And then they come to the forums and say the things they've heard on Youtube, presenting the views as if they are their own.

You got it twisted, its not the Content Creators but the consumers of these Youtube channels that drives the bus.

To create content that most will consistently like you have to, more often than not, compromise your genuine opinion.

which came first, your opinions on Azerite gear, or the Youtubers' videos on Azerite gear?

And are your opinions on Azerite gear your own, or have you just been persuaded to adopt those of a Youtuber who's good at presenting himself and selling his message?

Stop asking questions....
29/09/2018 17:15Posted by Jito
These guys are just circle-jerking each other off by sucking up to the same audience.

....you already know the answer ^ to.

No, it means that most people just don't agree with you on the subject.

It's a bit like with politics. You see people who've just devoted themselves to a certain politician. They believe everything that the politician says is right, and they don't really form their own opinion on things

Its not that they believe in everything the politician says, its that they don't care because they are Single Issue Voters.

So they will "believe in" everything the Politician says as long as he caters to their issue.
I Think Blizzard will continue with Wow as long as someone plays it if noone played they would scrap it but they have tons of other games making them Money so WoW might not be the BIG game anymore in their Eyes.
And if they truly ignore us and won´t make mends then maybe everyone should stop playing it saving Money in the progress.

But i don´t Think enough people really really want´s to stop playing WOW

just jito doing jito things, ignore it.
30/09/2018 17:56Posted by Hendrius

I.e. I don't like you're opinion over my own. Some people like it, get over it ffs.

BfA having the worst ratings ever is not an opinion, its a fact. Try again when you understand the difference.

30/09/2018 17:09Posted by Tèsla
And your is an opinion of a sheep following the streamers on youtube. Beeeeeeh

You shouldn't leave your tongue inside of Blizzard's @ss for so long, that's why you are talking illogical sh*t like this.

But...

I disagree, most people are listening and sharing these guys vids due to opinions that they have already formed matches those youtubers.

imho, i feel what you said is being used as an excuse to disregard people thoughts and the situation the games currently in, but everyone here plays wow, you don't have to go far or be a mythic raider to see there are major flaws with the game.

The Op didn't post he's thoughts because he most likely has shared them already, also if you've been looking around, so many people have shared their opinions on the matter since the first few weeks of the xpac, well before videos like this.

Also I think Op posted the video because it's a shock for Bell, someone who some may even consider a blizz fanboy, ripping them to shreds over whats going, to the point he felt the need to start apologising at the end.