Major outrage does not mean they are right

General
You guys love to complain about Azerite Armor and you wonder why Blizzard does not "just remove it!".

Remember when you complained that it was too hard to catch up if you joined late in an expansion? They made catch up mechanics that ruined the game.

Remember when you complained that it was "too hard to maintain 25 people", you ruined raiding with multiple raid sizes.

Remember when you complained that leveling "takes too long"? Well, in WotLK they made it a joke and it has never given any sense of acomplishment ever since.

Remember when Blizzard tried to make Heroics hard again in Cataclysm but then 2 weeks of constant whining on the forum made them nerf them to the ground removing any sense of acomplishment again?

Remember when you complained that it was unfair that gear mattered in PvP? Well, look at Legion PvP, a complete disaster.

Remember when you complained about talent trees being generic? How there was not enough customizablitiy? Well now we have Azerite Traits. It's what you wanted.

So forgive Blizzard for not trusting you when you, yet again, complain about a system. History shows that most of the time when you complain, you make the game worse. So guess what, you have cried wolf so many times now that they literally don't trust you anymore. They will let Azerite Armor play itself out, and then, when the expansion is nearing it's end, themselves evaluate if they will keep the system for the next expansion. The Azerite system will stay all trough this expansion. Accept it.

Does it suck that we have gotten to this point? Of course. But how are you surprised it's where we are?
You are trying to convince a community of cry-babies that the sens of accomplishement is something good to feel.

Good luck with that, most peoples on this forum will just call you "Elitist", "No-Lifer" and so on.
Who was the guy that complained enough about his !@#$ty gear so Blizzard implemented WF/TF?

I wanna find him and kick him in the nuts.
There's always whine, but a poorly plotted out system to replace half a dozen or so systems with is its own kind of special. Hell, I'm thinking about locking the experience bar on this one just to retain some of what made Legion good (I like my legendaries).
01/10/2018 10:40Posted by Darkduprey
You are trying to convince a community of cry-babies that the sens of accomplishement is something good to feel.

Good luck with that, most peoples on this forum will just call you "Elitist", "No-Lifer" and so on.

Yeah, I think it's a new alternate generation (making my best effort to avoid using the word "younger" here) that is of the opinion that fun is just something you experience by doing. Achieving things through hardship or determination is not fun for them and I can't understand that viewpoint for the dead of me.

Guess it goes both ways, they can't understand why overcoming hard and frustrating challenges can give you a high and I can't understand their "nothing matters I just derp and have fun" (a biased take, for sure).
The intentions behind Azerite were probably good, but the execution is quite bad. I do not mind trait imbalance much, nor do I particularly care that the traits are boring, but the fact that it is purely down to a once a week lottery draw if you're getting upgraded azerite armor (for those who are into m+ and/or pvp, that does not have time to or any interest in raiding) is bad, particularly given that it actually seems they are, to my great satisfaction, trying to allow for gearing up from doing the activities you prefer doing:Arena for arena gear, m+ for m+ gear, raid for raid gear (just look at the traits in the armor for the different systems). The problem is that gearing up other slots is so fast and efficient if you play quite a bit, and that if you're unlucky with azerite you'll quickly be far behind. I've got 340 in all azerite slots, and only 360 equipped, whereas luckier friends are nearing 370 with much less time spent doing challenging, high-reward content.

Another problem is the AP farm, as it is mostly done efficiently through the easy, non-challenging, boring content.
wel straight of the batt your right that we dont know what we want, i do however think all the problems you mentioned were problems people were divided over and some people actualy liked the changes,

for cathing up in expansions i liked to be able to switch main in wotlk without needing to do al the raids again, and we got that with the 3 new dungeons that gave us higher gear. sure it destroyed the good old raid path to the end, but in tbc i had no idea how to get trew that path late in the game, also finding people to do that with wasint a good time either, in the end i think we got what we wanted

for raid sizes the choice is better now that you can do whatever you want and dont need to leave people out or find more, and i love that freedom. sure 10man plenty of times gets shafted the horrible fight while its easy to do with just a few more people. but i dont mind that extra barrier for the freedom we got.

for leveling the complaint wasint so much it takes to long. its more the fact that its so borderline easy your just a machine holding the murder button and watching the leveling happening, sure all the heirloom gear also make us stronger and so even easyer. i dont thing the time investeded was the problem,
blizzard could have fixed this with just propperly tuning the low world but they dont have time for it so best easy solution was make us to strong.

i blame all the stats squishes for that problem not us complaing about it being to long

as for the hc in cata, i personaly loved smashing my head in that wall, but other didint, there was a clear divide between omg thats way to hard and pls make it harder, they solved that with mithic+ where again choice and freedom was made on how you want it. it did take a while sadly for a good fix to come but we got there

il totaly believe you on the pvp cause i dont touch that stuf.

and talent trees, i understand the idea of we all pick the optimal stuf anyway so might aswell give us the choice between these abilities and call it talents. its not fun at all they did not fixed it as much as we liked but in the end its not horrible.

now sorry if i seem super dismissive on most of your points, at the core your right that we dont always know what we want, but we do always know what we dont want, its the fix we cant agree over. and blizz either takes to long to fix it or in case of azerite i dont think they will change it up. they are like a stuborn grandpa at this point with how they say, in my day we farmed resistance gear so stop complaining, also keep in mind so much of wow has changed that it realy isint the same experience from start to finish

and to try to be helpful,

a fix for azerite... or the good old glyph system could be they could have just let us collect abilities as we go and pick 3 of those on our neck and we never have to grind for random azerite gear. again just like glyph used to be.
theres virtually no reason to go out of your way to farm ap, honestly.

Every week, the ap requirements to next level goes down with 30%.

My HoA is lvl 25 currently, and im not even trying to get it up anymore.
01/10/2018 11:06Posted by Kamazh
theres virtually no reason to go out of your way to farm ap, honestly.

Pay attention, they said back in Legion that you're not supposed to farm AP, it's a mechanic that gives you miniscule increase regardless of content you do, but it's designed to be gained passively by just playing the game.
One of the problems is that a lot of gamers think that they're expert game designers. All I can say is thank god they don't design games because they don't have a clue about designing a game. Let me use a RL analogy, would you rather buy a car designed by the F1 World champion or a car designed by Ford ?
Just because you're good at something doesn't make you an expert in designing/making the tools you use to be good.
01/10/2018 11:17Posted by Pointybeard
One of the problems is that a lot of gamers think that they're expert game designers. All I can say is thank god they don't design games because they don't have a clue about designing a game. Let me use a RL analogy, would you rather buy a car designed by the F1 World champion or a car designed by Ford ?
Just because you're good at something doesn't make you an expert in designing/making the tools you use to be good.

In The Simpsons episode “Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?,” Homer is asked to design a car for the company run by his long-lost brother, and fails so spectacularly he drives him out of business.
Just remember that we lost tier sets for this pile of garbage
01/10/2018 10:33Posted by Yukihyo
Remember when you
Ah yeah. The classic "put them in the same boat as with every other complaint you've ever seen" argument.

Next thread.
01/10/2018 11:22Posted by Throwmatic
Well I kinda buy their argument why tier set bonuses locked people into certain gear. But whoa were they unprepared for the forum !@#$show that azerite gear would bring.
01/10/2018 11:27Posted by Qaren
01/10/2018 11:22Posted by Throwmatic
Well I kinda buy their argument why tier set bonuses locked people into certain gear. But whoa were they unprepared for the forum !@#$show that azerite gear would bring.

Imagine if they give a talent tree on neck and you can choose whatever traits you want when you reach certain lvl... I am not saying traits are replacing anything tho and still doesn't change the fact we lost artifact weapons , tier sets and legiondaries for this system.
Got it, we should all just shut up and leave WoW drive itself into the ground. Oh, wait, we already had WoD. But the good news is that BFA has the potential to be worse.
We went from a system where we had unique and fun talents/passives (in our weapon) to a system where we get boring talents that are incredibly tiny passive gains or damage boosts.

I think this time it's fair to say that Azerite is !@#$e.
01/10/2018 10:33Posted by Yukihyo
So forgive Blizzard for not trusting you when you, yet again, complain about a system.

Wait.... Do you ACTUALLY think that the people who complained about leveling taking too long, and the people who complain about leveling being too fast/easy, are the same people?
01/10/2018 11:46Posted by Naeya
Wait.... Do you ACTUALLY think that the people who complained about leveling taking too long, and the people who complain about leveling being too fast/easy, are the same people?
We don't know if they are or if they aren't. Feel free to correlate the two and see what you come up with. :)
I dont want Azurite removed, i want them to act like artifacts.

Instead of pure bs rng or useless traits, i could choose to pick whatever trait i wanted.

Its so stupid that a 325 azurite with 35% more chance of instant lavabursts is better than a 350 without it.