M+ Leavers.

General
What do you expect with the raider.io elitism rampant at the moment?
29/09/2018 18:00Posted by Reggaegsus
What do you expect with the raider.io elitism rampant at the moment?

What is elitist about finding likeminded players to play with? Such statements just sound so bitter.
If you don't want me to leave, do the strats, do the DPS you should with the gear you have. It's a joke when you have people in 340 doing like 4-5k dps on bosses.
No, sorry, i don't want to waste my time with wipe fest or 1 hour key who ruin my R.IO.

I like the liberty to leave dungeon when things goes wrong. Sometime it's on start, sometime it's before the end.

If you like wipe fest and want only loot and don't care of score or something, just put a message before running the key and i will not join your group.
Maybe stop being trash and less people will be leaving your group :) When people sign up for a M8+ I expect people to know what to do. I aren't there to boost trash. If you want a boost pay 200k gold else I cba playing with mongoloids. I usually never ever have a problem running 8, 9 or 10. But occasionally you get this group of idiots that keep making obvious mistakes over and over again. Some even have the audacity to blame/whine others for mistakes they themselves are responsible for.

How about instead of adding this feature add a feature about people that keep constantly failing :-) A # ratio of how many times a player have been downvoted in M+. A success % ratio, you get points by doing mechanics properly.

The last week was doing a Underot 7. First boss spawns add that need to be killed and interrupted. It is tyrannical week two wipes because people kept getting oneshot on literally the easiest M+ boss in game. 10 seconds later warrior dps decided to heroic leap and charge a pack of tics by himself all the way in Africa. Get oneshot. That was the final straw just left the group. They all keep crying/toxic in /w how I destroyed their 7 key, hilarious.

I usually never do m+ since I PvP mainly but even I know most of the mechanics of all m+ dungeons. If you have done 2-3 heroic LFG you should know all this by now. Taking 4 mins of your life to watch a youtube video or read the strategy shouldn't be asking for much.
Blizzard said they will never make public API for bad things like depleted key or other metric to do bad things. API are made for good things.
An endorsement system much like ffxiv and Overwatch would be a good idea, that way people with high levels are expected to have good atitude and will probably stick the dungeon out.
So, i left yesterday a +5 atal.

We do rezan first, get him tanked in the middle. Had more than zillion adds.
Then we went back to the start and left (right when you see it from the starting position). We skip there 1 pack. Next pack someone !@# pulls the skipped pack. And then again skip, and again asspull.

I have to drink 3 times before totem/crap-boss. When i say "mana drinking", i get the response "plzzz".
The tank pulls with whole group on 50% health and i have no mana. I stay seated as long as possible. I get out 17k hps, but the totems are not getting killed at the same time. After 3 totem resets 1 of the dps'es dies. I just can not use chain heal or downpours with everyone spreaded. I have to ST heal all the time (used the meh healing tide totem though).

We wiped and the dps who died in chat "SHAMAN. NO HEAL".

I am sorry, i had to push myself through Rezan, the asspulls, no mana pulled 2nd boss, resetting totems. I had enough. I am not going to get blamed for all the $%^- they pull me though.

I am totally fine with all the fails, i had a underrot +5 10 wipes last boss, afterwards we did underrot 4 with same group and 2 chested it, and then i stayed for another 90 minutes +6 Tol dagor. It were nice players. Not a lot of knowledge yet, but they were nice. So i stayed and we had some painfull fun.

Punish me for leaving that horror Atal.... :facepalm:
I was leading a Freehold +9 With two guildies and two i pugged the healer and the tank they ninja left we 3 reported them so blizzard if you see me reporting a tank and a healer recently bann them they diden't teamwork. And they coulen't handle a single wipe plus they even ninja pulled.
We need a system like in cs:go. if someone rage quits, fake disconnects and doesnt reconnect within 5 minutes, punish him with a 30 min cooldown. If he does it repeatedly, punish him with a 1 hour > 6 hours > 12 hours > 1 day > 3 days > 7 days cooldown.

The "smart" guys will start their griefing routine. like going afk, begging for kick or start ninja pulling everything in sight. Not a problem :) Punish kicked people with the same cooldown.
08/11/2018 15:16Posted by Hellbera
We need a system like in cs:go. if someone rage quits, fake disconnects and doesnt reconnect within 5 minutes, punish him with a 30 min cooldown. If he does it repeatedly, punish him with a 1 hour > 6 hours > 12 hours > 1 day > 3 days > 7 days cooldown.

The "smart" guys will start their griefing routine. like going afk, begging for kick or start ninja pulling everything in sight. Not a problem :) Punish kicked people with the same cooldown.

I agree. Maybe even make them a third faction the horde And The Surprime Alliance to kill together. :)

Inb4 someone, whose group you joined, don't like your name or the fact you're politely trying to explain some tactics when they keep failing kick you out just like that and you have to sit out and waiting for the "cooldown" while they can just leave normally after that without debuff. It's been discussed many times, there is no perfect solution for M+ leavers that cannot be abused.
30/09/2018 15:21Posted by Denarii
An endorsement system much like ffxiv and Overwatch would be a good idea, that way people with high levels are expected to have good atitude and will probably stick the dungeon out.

Well there could be some potential issues with that. If you are only able to give "positive" points to someone, then the rage quiters will never get points so in the end it doesn't affect them because they don't have any negative points to show.

If you allow also "negative" points then gl with all the griefers who will downvote you on purpose because you said something he didn't like, he died and thinks the healer is bad or downvotes the tank who doesn't chain pull the whole dungeon or just downwotes everyone for shizz and giggles.

And if it's only one "positive" point per dungeon so you have to choose one person to give it to, it's gonna be "wts endorsment points, 200k". Or guildies just upvoting each other in turns.

So in the end, some systems sound good on paper but they don't solve anything really.
08/11/2018 16:03Posted by Goreeth

Inb4 someone, whose group you joined, don't like your name or the fact you're politely trying to explain some tactics when they keep failing kick you out just like that and you have to sit out and waiting for the "cooldown" while they can just leave normally after that without debuff. It's been discussed many times, there is no perfect solution for M+ leavers that cannot be abused.

Ah i knew someone would bring it to the table. Not a huge problem to solve :)

I know, there are many trolls and "funny" guys in cs:go too, loving to kick russians/germans/frenchmen who refuse to talk english in voice chat and other blatant racism. Therefore we need a weighted system just like in cs:go. Blizzard needs to record just a few things like:

> has voted to kick X times
> has been kicked X times
> did not reconnect X times

Lets make something up. "funny troll guy" has the following stats:
voted to kick 50x
has been kicked 5x
did not reconnect 10x

Now the same for "the noob":
voted to kick 0x
has been kicked 30x
did not reconnect 0x

Now imagine these 2 guys in the same group. The troll wants to kick the noob because he pulls too much stuff accidentally and does very low dmg. We all know whats gonna happen next. Mister Troll starts a kick vote with his 3 like-minded friends. An automated system just needs to compare all guys against each other. The noob will get kicked out but does NOT get a cooldown because of his stats.

Its not perfect, but will definitely be a step in the right direction, no?
28/09/2018 23:36Posted by Talindah
Yes i know this has been talked about before.
Now its getting trivial, that people get mad and are rage quitting keys in the middle.
This is done in such a way to punish the other 4 for his bad attitude.
I get it if its a horrible run and etc, you cant complete it.
But when someone just leaves it just creates a enmpty feeling and the motivation just goes away.

Blizzard really has to figure out a system to punish and report people for leaving m+.
And flagging them in game, so groups are able to see people who are consistently leaving keys.

WARNING...What I am about to say is just an example so don't get scummy with me!!!

So if I leave a group because TWO of the 5 have no idea what they are doing and we have been at this for the past 45 min, I will get punished? That's f*cked up...

The other problem is how do you leave a group without getting the punishment you all want after knowing that you all suck or just are not able to defeat the boss?

Who has to leave first?

How many times do I have to try this before I can safely leave?

Why am I going to be punished for idiots that can not follow what someone is saying?

See the issue here is, to implement something like that will require a lot of work and even if it is possible people that are not at fault will be punished in the end. Whether that means that, that someone has to put up with bull sh*t of others in that idiotic group or by being punished for leaving, leaving idiots to themselves.

Just a thought!
do this and pugs die.

nice idea

lmao
08/11/2018 17:58Posted by Лусифэр

WARNING...What I am about to say is just an example so don't get scummy with me!!!

So if I leave a group because TWO of the 5 have no idea what they are doing and we have been at this for the past 45 min, I will get punished? That's f*cked up...

The other problem is how do you leave a group without getting the punishment you all want after knowing that you all suck or just are not able to defeat the boss?

Who has to leave first?

How many times do I have to try this before I can safely leave?

Why am I going to be punished for idiots that can not follow what someone is saying?

See the issue here is, to implement something like that will require a lot of work and even if it is possible people that are not at fault will be punished in the end. Whether that means that, that someone has to put up with bull sh*t of others in that idiotic group or by being punished for leaving, leaving idiots to themselves.

Just a thought!

Easy solution: implement a vote to disband the group. this way you dont have to risk a long cooldown.

I'll keep this in mind if it's ever implemented and if I end up with you in a group on any of my characters I will make sure to kick you as soon as we start the key just to !@#$ you over.
29/09/2018 02:53Posted by Ájmage
Maybe you should filter more who you choose to invite to your group. You know what helps with that? Raider.io

Usually ppl with better rio leave more after 1 fck up...i experienced that also in legion where ppl above 3k left after 1 bad pull even we were fine with time and %. And its happening now too. So no thats not solution.
i'm calling casual bias!!!!!!!!!