I understand why some are frustrated over Raider.io

General
Hello. I see many posts in the forums about people getting auto declined because of their score but you guys who are complaining needs to understand this is a problem That will persist. Im almost 1.3, Everyday i apply for around 20 (13-14s) keys i still get declined in 90% of my sign ups. My advice to All is (1) join the key discord community,(2) When you apply try to leave a note (mention what you can bring to the tablet). Peace:)
Sadly Raider.io is like Gearscore in WOTLK. (I mean people abuse it more and more the tool itself is nice for yourelf to see where you are lacking etc)

I tend to host my own key runs with Pugs and I go by the mentality "If we make the timer Great! If we don't it is fine!"

I rather bring a person that is nice and can take wipes than an person that is high in raider.io and yells.

And in a few months I will be able to do Level 10+ keys anyway so no rush ^^
02/10/2018 16:20Posted by Glaivedancer
Peace:)

No sure telling the group lead you can bring peace to the table will help people much :p
r.io is the best metric available to find competent people so you don’t waste your key.

Yes it’s relied on too much and yes it promotes elitism but Blizzard should have a better in game method for PUGs rather than just taking a chance on someone because they have high ilvl.
02/10/2018 16:31Posted by Solaris
r.io is the best metric available to find competent people so you don’t waste your key.

Yes it’s relied on too much and yes it promotes elitism but Blizzard should have a better in game method for PUGs rather than just taking a chance on someone because they have high ilvl.
My point on my original post was just That even with decent score you still get declined.
no thats just people wanting to be boosted, regulars who want a good run usually take people equal to their scores, everyone who goes for bizzare higher scores do it to get boosted.
02/10/2018 16:31Posted by Hanzar
I rather bring a person that is nice and can take wipes than an person that is high in raider.io and yells.

Actually its good you mention this bit. I was doing a +10 KR the other day and while forming the group one of the people I picked informed us that he was there only to do it in time and if he thought we wouldn't make it, he would bounce.

I was pleasantly surprised at the honesty. Off course I listed it as a push group and wanted to push, but at the same time if something went south I still wanted to finish it instead of giving up.
But this person being honest before we got close was a fresh thing to see. We ended up replacing him only because no one could promise or guarantee a problem free run.

If more people were like this though instead of resorting to shouting or depending on numbers on a website I think the whole experience would improve for all concerned.

Oh and we did it with almost 3 minutes to spare and got a +11 key from it. Happy days.
The issue is simply that people ask a score for lowlevel keys. And so other people feel pushed into getting a good score but are unable to because:

A) only top 500 runs are collected and they do not do any runs close to the top 500.

B) they are required to get said score in order to set score, making it a vicious circle.

And so most people who have an issue with raider.io are those who are not the people should be using r.io at all and feel punished for something they can not really fix.
02/10/2018 16:37Posted by Glaivedancer
02/10/2018 16:31Posted by Solaris

My point on my original post was just That even with decent score you still get declined.

That leads to 3 problems.

- either you applied for a key which is higher + than your score.
Like you have 400 so thats roughly +3/+4 keys done but you applied for a +6

- lead wants to push key very high (they should mention this, yes, but not all do)

- lead wants to get carried and you dont want to get into that group.

Build from low to top. Rio is still amazing to filter the leeches.
If you do not like raider io then M+ is not the kind of content you should be aiming for, it's pretty much that simple, the entire concept of M+ is centred around tryhards.
Raider.io is exactly the same as other methods used by people to search for "the best".

Like Gearscore. Curve. You name it.

Its more or less a tool to exclude.

But ask yourself. Just because an add on says you have x amount of points or you have "Ahead of the curve"

Does it truly reflect the score or achievement? I prefer to judge on active performance rather than an award. Ive seen lots of e-preeners who will boast to anyone who cares about their score or achievement but when the gauntlet is thrown down they can't even bend down let alone pick up said gauntlet.But that's just me.
If you watch towelie's stream there are always high scores getting in that then do 7-8k dps.

The dev is probably accepting paypal to edit people's scores.
as a 1k rio scorer i don't wanna play with plebs basically. i want progress i don't need to explain stuff for lowbies and pray god to they get it right.
Blizzard should have added profile in-game that shows best M+ runs for each dungeons and completed affixes in given dungeon and that is all you need to know before inviting imo.

Edit: Also, how many times you did those dungeons and some performance metric like mechanics, dps etc. in %.
02/10/2018 16:57Posted by Unseenundead
as a 1k rio scorer i don't wanna play with plebs basically. i want progress i don't need to explain stuff for lowbies and pray god to they get it right.

Wow one whole thousand?? that's almost top 15000. You keep dem plebs at bay