Expecting a Civil War expansion? (8.1 SPOILERS)

Story
The Horde and The Alliance have grown a lot since Vanilla, we now have so many playable races each with different ideals. Mistrust among these races have been growing since MoP, not just in the Horde with well known events, but Alliance too with Anduin opposing his father's stance and Jaina doing her own thing.

In 8.1 it's been revealed that Sylvanas attempts to capture or assassinate Saurfang, he sends Zekhan AKA "Zappyboi" back to Orgrimmar to restore honor to the Horde.

Tyrande and Genn flip the middle finger to Anduin and pursue their own objectives in Darkshore/Kalimdor.

Could it be building up to a potential civil war?

Saurfang's Horde with Orgrimmar, Thunder Bluff and Dazar'alor. Sylvanas' Horde with a reclaimed Undercity (?), Silvermoon and Suramar.

Anduin's Alliance with Stormwind, Ironforge and Kul Tiras. Tyrande's Alliance with a regrown Darnassus (?), Exodar and Gilneas.

Perhaps the split faction names would be different. Each "Alliance" and each "Horde" won't have races pigeonholed into them, you would complete questline at the beginning of the expansion where you choose which side to go with. For example you can still be a Forsaken who chooses to side with Saurfang, or a Human who sides with Tyrande.

I'll even go one step further and say there could be a traitor option, where as an Alliance race you could defect to Horde or vice versa. This should be behind a huge questline requiring lots of time and resources...I'm talking almost as much as the Vanilla Ahn'Qiraj gong quest chain! So you can see who the truly traitorous buggars really are.

I think game mechanics can support it. The main issue would be guilds splitting to different sides, while the RP side of me thinks that would be cool, the sensible side of me thinks it's pretty silly and wouldn't go down well with many players.

What do you think? Perhaps not probable, but i's certainly not impossible.
My own opinion about the civil wars:

Horde: No, we don't need a second/third one.

Alliance: Would be interesting but it's the Alliance so I doubt it will happen.

But that won't happen what you said it's the war between the faction and on top of that cake a little bit of Old God berry's.
29/09/2018 14:16Posted by Narrex
but Alliance too with Anduin opposing his father's stance

Anduin is opposing his father's stance that peace is the most noble aspiration, but that to preserve it one must be willing to fight?

Tyrande and Genn flip the middle finger to Anduin and pursue their own objectives in Darkshore/Kalimdor.

Now watch them running back to Anduin and crying about their shameful defeat, just as Tyrande did in the past with Varian. As I always say: Never let a non-Human do a Human's job.

Also, how does a civil war in the Alliance even work? By its very definition, the Alliance is not a unified political entity, but a pact between various nations. There can be no civil war, because if someone doesn't agree with the High King, they can just leave the Alliance. Which is why Tyrande hasn't done that yet, because she realizes that, at the end of the day, she is nothing without Anduin's support, who could just throw her people into the Great Sea if she makes him angry. So Tyrande should just learn her place just as she did in Pandaria, really. What are these sudden dreams of grandeur?
I think Jaina , Tyrande and Vereesa are the best for a civil war.
It’s Vereesa fault that WoD happened at all xD if she just gave it the poison to Garrosh without to say a word to Anduin .. -.-
The three Ladies are a danger .
And yes Anduin it’s still wise but young.
Velen will stay with Anduin . So SW , Exodar , Ironforge ..
I think it’s time for Sylvanas to reclaime Northrend . I don’t think that someone would follow her . Maybe Lor’themar, Goblins and Suramar . But I am not sure about that .
Tyrande is essentially having her own Jaina moment; rushing to retaliate after a horrible tragedy rather than waiting to construct a sensible response. Even if she did leave the Alliance though, Anduin wouldn't do !@#$ to the refugees, there's no way he'd just throw them out. There's no chance of an actual civil war, Anduin just has to show his teeth and bring the others to heel, so that they actually respect his decisions.

That said, I'm totally in with Tyrande's decision because it is way more in line with actual nelf lore than anything else Blizzard has done in ages, and it looks like Nathanos is going to get slapped right down.
29/09/2018 15:08Posted by Kémentari
I think Jaina , Tyrande and Vereesa are the best for a civil war.
It’s Vereesa fault that WoD happened at all xD if she just gave it the poison to Garrosh without to say a word to Anduin .. -.-
The three Ladies are a danger .
And yes Anduin it’s still wise but young.
Velen will stay with Anduin . So SW , Exodar , Ironforge ..
I think it’s time for Sylvanas to reclaime Northrend . I don’t think that someone would follow her . Maybe Lor’themar, Goblins and Suramar . But I am not sure about that .

It's more like Anduin is the death of the alliance.....
Damn, I like alliance because of Nelfs and draenei. Alas, its about humans... even sylvanas and the horde States alliance as humans not Nelfs, draenei, worgen, etc
Where do I sign to side with Tyrande and Genn ? All my Alliance characters would love to tear down the Horde and secure a peaceful future for the Alliance.
As for the Horde, I think Blizzard definitively shattered Horde playerbase.
It all begun with the forsakens, then the blood elves, then Garrosh, and now Sylvanas.
Today we clearly have (at least) two sides among the playerbase. Two irreconcilable sides with opposing expectations and ideals.
It is all Blizzard fault. Because the question had never been addressed, or more accurately the answers were quickly confronted with an inconsistent narrative.
This situation cannot go on forever, as it hurts the Horde, the races, the characters and undermine almost every plot.

Anduin's Alliance with Stormwind, Ironforge and Kul Tiras. Tyrande's Alliance with a regrown Darnassus (?), Exodar and Gilneas.

The Alliance won't have a Civil War.

We aren't a Blue Horde.

If Alliance members are unhappy with the Alliance they will leave, just like Gilneas and Quel'thalas did.

I think game mechanics can support it. The main issue would be guilds splitting to different sides, while the RP side of me thinks that would be cool, the sensible side of me thinks it's pretty silly and wouldn't go down well with many players.

What do you think? Perhaps not probable, but i's certainly not impossible.

Splitting up the playerbase even further will kill this game.

We need ways to play with more people, not less.
The Alliance won't have a Civil War.

We aren't a Blue Horde.

Blizzard: "watch this!"

*Introduces some absurd storyline that makes zero sense, but serves Blizzard's agenda*

If Alliance members are unhappy with the Alliance they will leave, just like Gilneas and Quel'thalas did.

Not if said members are in need of the Alliance. If the Night Elves leave, they have nothing to go back to. Hardly a military, no home, nearly no territory... what will they do? Same goes for the Gilneans. Are their two small armies going to band together against the Horde? Will that work?
30/09/2018 14:55Posted by Theronarum

Not if said members are in need of the Alliance. If the Night Elves leave, they have nothing to go back to. Hardly a military, no home, nearly no territory... what will they do? Same goes for the Gilneans. Are their two small armies going to band together against the Horde? Will that work?

They have hardly any military so they decide the best course of action is to start a Civil War?

Right.
30/09/2018 14:57Posted by Thalasdin
30/09/2018 14:55Posted by Theronarum

They have hardly any military so they decide the best course of action is to start a Civil War?

Right.

I was more responding to the quote an sich, not necessarily in the context of the possible civil war (which, as I agree with you, won't take place). Alliance members cannot "just leave", except for a few races, because of the reasons I mentioned.

I agree that a civil war would be absurd, and I still have hope that Blizzard will not put the Alliance on that track. But can any member "just leave" as anyone sees fit? Not really.
30/09/2018 15:02Posted by Theronarum

I was more responding to the quote an sich, not necessarily in the context of the possible civil war (which, as I agree with you, won't take place). Alliance members cannot "just leave", except for a few races, because of the reasons I mentioned.

I agree that a civil war would be absurd, and I still have hope that Blizzard will not put the Alliance on that track. But can any member "just leave" as anyone sees fit? Not really.

Why not? There is precedent for such an event taking place.

Gilneas left. Quel'thalas left.

The Night Elves do still have territory on Kalimdor. Hyjal and Feralas are presumably still under their control since we haven't been told otherwise.

Now I am not saying it makes sense to leave. Not at all.

But they have the power to do so if they wish. It's not like they would be stranded with no other options. They have the military power as in 8.1, Tyrande thinks she can take Darkshore back on her own. They still have land as well in parts of the forest of northern Kalimdor and Feralas.

I just think it's bold to say they "can't" leave, moreso they just really shouldn't as it would be a dumb move.
You give blizzard to much credit.
The simple truth is that they screwed up and are now desperately trying to stop the bleeding.

All i see is blizzard giving something: They think we want but we dont.
In an attempt to avoid even more sub losses.

If night elf players wherent the second biggest player base on the alliance side(second only to humans for some insane reason)
We would probley have been given the gnome threatment.
Who still dont have gnomeragan back.
30/09/2018 15:41Posted by Malaficus
threatment.

Amazing Freudian slip.