The minimum Prot Warrior Changes I'd like to see.

Warrior
- The rage generated by Intercept should be equal to the cost of Shield Block. This is a clunky gameplay issue that needs resolving.

- Demo Shout is a defensive ability. It should be removed from the GCD.

- Ignore Pain's absorb value is too low in harder content. I'm fine with 50% going through the bubble but a 30k bubble is useless in any content harder than heroic dungeons.

- Generating 40 rage for IP takes too long given how fast it's removed. This is a rage generation issue really.

- Ignore Pain on the global feels bad. If we are not allowed to have a 'heal' off the GCD then this would feel less terrible if the absorb wasn't so weak.

- Ignore Pain needs to stack at least 2x. This allows some skilled play by banking rage for more dangerous moments.

- Devastate needs to generate rage. It feels bad to press. A waste of time.

- Unstoppable Force damage bonus needs to be nerfed and baseline damage of all abilities buffed to compensate.

- Revenge damage is too low for the rage cost.

- Right now we have one talent setup for all content. This is terrible.

Talents

15 - ITF is fine. Punish needs to stack the damage reduction component. Remove Impending Victory it's bad. Could replace with Enraged Regen.

30 - Crackling Thunder should also increase the slow of Thunder Clap. Bounding Stride should also add one extra charge to Heroic Leap. Safeguard should be baseline. Replace this talent with 'Warcry'. increasing the movement speed of all friendly players within 30 yards by 30% for 4 sec. 1min CD.

45 - BSC is bad. Replace BSC with the Thundergod's Vigor belt effect from Legion. Unstoppable Force is too strong right now. Dragon Roar is bad. You can balance the numbers, but drop BSC for TV belt effect.

60 - Indomitable and Never Surrender are bad. Remove them. Bolster is OK. With the removal of those two talents you can add real choice here. A spell blocking talent 'Chromatic Shield' can replace NS. Indom can be replaced with an armor boost on use talent, like a knock off Ironfur.

75 - Menace should also reduce the cooldown of Intimidating shout. Rumbling, Storm Bolt? Whatever. This whole tier is boring to be honest.

90 - Booming Voice is the only good talent here. Vengeance could stay if IP's absorb value per rage, and time cost, is improved. Devastator needs to generate rage again. Add 5 rage to baseline devastate and let it continue with this talent.

100 - Anger management should just go baseline. This whole tier can be replaced with good, FUN talents. Whatever you do get rid of Ravager, it's terrible.

Discussion needed on direction of this 100 row.
All of these sound like the right direction.

Dont play Prot too much so can't really input much except to say that making Intercept generate that much Rage would encourage leaping out and charging back in to generate rage, which isn't a problem for dps, but would be clunky for a tank.
Possibly. It would be better to reduce the cost of shield block rather than buff intercept.
I want to se the effect of Mannaroth Bloodied Manacles become baseline.
Remove IP completely, make block a permanent % dmg reduction. Shield block blocks 50% of all damage(or whatever % that will be corresponding/balanced) and shield block trigger heal 25% all damage taken or something like that. Would remove a hated and weird ability and add a self heal + actually having mitigation working all time + SB as extra mitigation.
- The rage generated by Intercept should be equal to the cost of Shield Block. This is a clunky gameplay issue that needs resolving.

Not really needed, intercept and 1 hit and you can shield block, wont make any big difference other than adding some quality of life.

Not needed, again only quality of life.

- Ignore Pain's absorb value is too low in harder content. I'm fine with 50% going through the bubble but a 30k bubble is useless in any content harder than heroic dungeons.

Been tanking multiple +10s as prot warrior and Ignore Pain seems fine, could be moved from GCD to again help with some quality of life.

- Generating 40 rage for IP takes too long given how fast it's removed. This is a rage generation issue really.

Since your only rage spenders should be Ignore Pain and Shield Block, i dont understand how any warrior can have rage issues. If you are spending rage on Revenge, then you are doing it wrong.

- Ignore Pain on the global feels bad. If we are not allowed to have a 'heal' off the GCD then this would feel less terrible if the absorb wasn't so weak.

Agree that Ignore Pain should not be on the GCD.

- Ignore Pain needs to stack at least 2x. This allows some skilled play by banking rage for more dangerous moments.

Not needed, even in Mythic Uldir you wont be hit by anything harder than 300k (Terrible Thrash from Fetid Devourer, which you should not be tanking anyway since its much better to have a monk or paladin tank it). 20% reduction from Demo shout makes it 240k, block and armor will reduce it even further. making IP more than good enough to take away a decent chunk of the remaining dmg.

Its a filler, and no it does not feel "bad to press".

- Unstoppable Force damage bonus needs to be nerfed and baseline damage of all abilities buffed to compensate.

Having amazing aoe dps/threat is the only niche that warriors have atm. If they would change this to have overall better dps (which is really not needed since warrior is already one of the strongest tanks in dps) then they would need to add even more utility to prot warriors than i already think they need to add.

You are supposed to use Revenge only when proccing a free cast. And for 0 rage its pretty amazing dmg.

Well, this is up for discussion. Feels like most specs have one spec for both m+ and raids. And when i tank Siege / Tol Dagor i spec into Safeguard instead of Crackling Thunder to help people not die to Noose / Upheaval.
01/10/2018 23:29Posted by Hårdaharald

Not really needed, intercept and 1 hit and you can shield block, wont make any big difference other than adding some quality of life.

Not needed, again only quality of life.

Been tanking multiple +10s as prot warrior and Ignore Pain seems fine, could be moved from GCD to again help with some quality of life.

Since your only rage spenders should be Ignore Pain and Shield Block, i dont understand how any warrior can have rage issues. If you are spending rage on Revenge, then you are doing it wrong.

Agree that Ignore Pain should not be on the GCD.

Not needed, even in Mythic Uldir you wont be hit by anything harder than 300k (Terrible Thrash from Fetid Devourer, which you should not be tanking anyway since its much better to have a monk or paladin tank it). 20% reduction from Demo shout makes it 240k, block and armor will reduce it even further. making IP more than good enough to take away a decent chunk of the remaining dmg.

Its a filler, and no it does not feel "bad to press".

Having amazing aoe dps/threat is the only niche that warriors have atm. If they would change this to have overall better dps (which is really not needed since warrior is already one of the strongest tanks in dps) then they would need to add even more utility to prot warriors than i already think they need to add.

You are supposed to use Revenge only when proccing a free cast. And for 0 rage its pretty amazing dmg.

Well, this is up for discussion. Feels like most specs have one spec for both m+ and raids. And when i tank Siege / Tol Dagor i spec into Safeguard instead of Crackling Thunder to help people not die to Noose / Upheaval.

Your Raider.io says you only ever tanked 1 +10 M+ and you overtimed it by 25 minutes.

And in all your Heroic and Mythic kills in Uldir you were playing as Arms Warrior.

So i am not sure whether you are trolling or not here.
Shield Bash doing more dmg and silence target for 1sec if its casting- pvp.
Sounds like a rework of the whole specc...

...well it needs it.