Fake PVPers.

General
Prev 1 7 8 9 11 Next
02/10/2018 11:36Posted by Shwosh
02/10/2018 11:02Posted by Flace
You have 1500 rating. Wtf do you know

If you are such awesome player wtf do you need gear to win against lesser skilled players

Did I say I was? Please point out where in my post I said that I am "such awesome player"
02/10/2018 13:35Posted by Wicadus
u sure showed us pal, posting from your alt, gj.

Fun fact, mister-who-said-he-was-done-talking-to-me: If you ignore a user on this forum, it ignores all of their alts as well. It's a handy tool you can use to figure out whether or not another character is a person's alt.

Had you tried it, you might have realized that Tubri isn't my alt.

But then, it probably wouldn't have stopped you from making a fool of yourself yet again by making a comment such as this. After all, silly and completely baseless personal attacks seem to be your speciality when it comes "discussions".

i was up for discussion, but thats probably below your lvl.

I'm glad you figured that one out yourself.

Also you can have opinion, noone says u cant, just be prepared to defend it when someone dissagrees

Why? I don't care what you think. I don't need or care to convince you.

02/10/2018 13:38Posted by Hypxbruh
What's your point here? I'm not allowed to give my view on what PVP should be about from a philosophical perspective?

Sure you can give your opinion on basically everything but its not weighing much due to the fact that you have done no PvP at all and therefore have no first hand experience about the thing you are talking about.

But I have plenty of experience. I have plenty of experience doing PVP many years ago getting completely crushed by people who outgeared me, against which I never a stood a chance in the first place even if I had had skills. It completely sucked the fun out of doing PVP for me.

I do believe that kind of experience warrants my input when it comes to this particular topic.

But rest assurd, attacking the person's credibility instead of their points is a very common fallacy used by many idiots all around the world. You're not alone.
Smashing people who have put far less time and effort into the game than you is part of the fun of an mmo and it’s sorely missing from modern PvP
02/10/2018 13:35Posted by Wicadus
u sure showed us pal, posting from your alt, gj.

Fun fact, mister-who-said-he-was-done-talking-to-me: If you ignore a user on this forum, it ignores all of their alts as well. It's a handy tool you can use to figure out whether or not another character is a person's alt.

Had you tried it, you might have realized that Tubri isn't my alt.

But then, it probably wouldn't have stopped you from making a fool of yourself yet again by making a comment such as this. After all, silly and completely baseless personal attacks seem to be your speciality when it comes "discussions".

i was up for discussion, but thats probably below your lvl.

I'm glad you figured that one out yourself.

Also you can have opinion, noone says u cant, just be prepared to defend it when someone dissagrees

Why? I don't care what you think. I don't need or care to convince you.

02/10/2018 13:38Posted by Hypxbruh

Sure you can give your opinion on basically everything but its not weighing much due to the fact that you have done no PvP at all and therefore have no first hand experience about the thing you are talking about.

But I have plenty of experience. I have plenty of experience doing PVP many years ago getting completely crushed by people who outgeared me, against which I never a stood a chance in the first place even if I had had skills.

I do believe that kind of experience warrants my input when it comes to this particular topic.

But rest assurd, attacking the person's credibility instead of their points is a very common fallacy used by many idiots all around the world. You're not alone.
tubri himself is alt of some1 that message was meant to tubri, and ty for the ignore info, will do
02/10/2018 13:51Posted by Naeya
But I have plenty of experience. I have plenty of experience doing PVP many years ago getting completely crushed by people who outgeared me, against which I never a stood a chance in the first place even if I had had skills.

That's not true.

A skilled player always had a chance against someone even if he he had way superior gear.

It was the best feeling in the game to stomp someone with really good gear even tho you just recently dinged max level.

Sadly I have no video of myself destroying someone with better gear but on youtube there are countless examples.

However now the outplay potential is way smaller as in MoP for example because classes don't have much tools to really "outplay" someone the old fashion way because of pruning and all that bs but that's whole new topic.
02/10/2018 14:06Posted by Hypxbruh
A skilled player always had a chance against someone even if he he had way superior gear.

I recall plenty of instances where a freshly dinged max level player could barely even SCRATCH a fully geared player while suffering 30% damage blows in return. There's nothing "skilled" about that.

It was the best feeling in the game to stomp someone with really good gear even tho you just recently dinged max level.

Perhaps. For the opposite case, which was far more numerous, it was the worst feeling in the world.

However now the outplay potential is way smaller as in MoP for example because classes don't have much tools to really "outplay" someone the old fashion way because of pruning and all that bs but that's whole new topic.

You realize that with this statement you just blatantly admitted that the problem for you ISN'T gear being scaled, but the lack of a toolkit?
What's up with people always bringing political terms into unrelated conversations on these forums? sounds ridiculous lmao.

"If you think gear should matter in PvP in a MMORPG you're a soyboy beta cuck white knight fake PvPer!!!!!11shiftone"
02/10/2018 14:14Posted by Naeya
I recall plenty of instances where a freshly dinged max level player could barely even SCRATCH a fully geared player while suffering 30% damage blows in return. There's nothing "skilled" about that.

Well and I recall many instances where a freshly dinged max level player indeed had a chance against someone with better gear, what now ?

I always had many classes at max level and I enjoyed every second of that gearing process from completely zero to decently geared.

It's called progression and seeing your character progress was the most satisfying and motivating thing this game had.

And I also could say that someone who didn't enjoy that process of working for your gear isn't a real PvPer or doesn't deserve any gear, just like the OP said people who like gear progression in PvP aren't real PvPers.
Oh and can I just say, this whole topic is a joke because if I recall correctly, the only expansion that had PvP templates scale you where gear didn't exactly matter, was in Legion, and that was disgusting - hence why it didn't make it into BFA.

It didn't turn out to be Skill vs Skill as people suspected, it made it so that the unskillful players simply had to button-bash to win because of how their spec was tuned in a template-scaled instance.

Gear still isn't the all-deciding factor in PvP either. Skill/knowledge of classes & counters, and of course Spec tuning, is very important.
02/10/2018 14:14Posted by Naeya

Perhaps. For the opposite case, which was far more numerous, it was the worst feeling in the world.

Yeah and that’s why you put in the time to gear up so you can be competitive.

You shouldn’t be handed equal scaling just because. It’s an MMO, not an online shooter.

Keeping arenas highly scaled I think is fine, but it has no place in world pvp and BGs.
02/10/2018 14:35Posted by Serious
It didn't turn out to be Skill vs Skill as people suspected, it made it so that the unskillful players simply had to button-bash to win because of how their spec was tuned in a template-scaled instance.

good argument why scaling was implemented badly
not good argument why scaling was bad

all they had to do was to implement a way how to distribute points to stat yourself instead of blizzard doing it for you
I am an MMO player who wants to play an MMO, in which gear matters in both PvE and PvP. If you want PvP in a controlled environment, play MOBA's.
Well, you had an expansion, legion, with only skill not gear. Result was the lowest and most complained pvp experience we had in this game.
01/10/2018 17:58Posted by Serpria
There are no "fundamentals" of an MMORPG other than that it be Massive, Multiplayer, Online, Roleplaying game.

Its the "RPG"-Part. My character has to get more powerful. Otherwise it would not be a RPG.
02/10/2018 15:35Posted by Uvireath
Its the "RPG"-Part. My character has to get more powerful. Otherwise it would not be a RPG.

Roleplaying Game

not Gearmattering game
and your character is more powerful than lvl 119, isn't it?

02/10/2018 15:03Posted by Androme
I am an MMO player who wants to play an MMO, in which gear matters in both PvE and PvP. If you want PvP in a controlled environment, play MOBA's.

I am an MMO player who wants to win based on skill, if you want gear matter go play Skyrim
02/10/2018 15:29Posted by Arenko
Well, you had an expansion, legion, with only skill not gear. Result was the lowest and most complained pvp experience we had in this game.

Probably because most PvP players are a bunch of plebs who can't get off without crushing someone with poor gear compared to them.

I, for one, quite liked it. A shame to see it go away... Oh well, less PvP for me then.
02/10/2018 15:29Posted by Arenko

Actually I'm pretty sure the silent majority was more content with it.

The ones complaining now are the bullies who want to pick on easy targets.
01/10/2018 17:46Posted by Serpria
01/10/2018 17:45Posted by Throwmatic
Wow isn't a moba though, why should billy that just dinged level 120 be on par with me?

Tell me why he shouldn't be.

"World of Warcraft (WoW) is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG)..."

"...endgame gear, this set of empowered weapons and armor adds a competitive edge..."

"Player motivation to outperform others is fueled by acquiring such items and is a significant determining factor in their success or failure in combat-related situations."
Ive noticed that most people defending having to pve to get into pvp and hates the Legion scaling system got under 20 honor level.

Like most people defending Sylvanas are elves.
SAYS THE DAMN ROGUE!

You are by far the most FAKE of them all! You should be ashamed to open your mouth, you are ignorant and it shows that you lack respect for others achievements.

The only reason you are saying that is because you are playing a character class that is in a position of power at this very moment, we all CAN clearly see you spent $60 to boost to 110. And a " piggy back" system that has been implemented.

A system with a back lash that is forcing players to do exactly what you are doing! I have done achievements and seen systems come and go that i am confident that you have not seen. I have been doing PvP on this warrior from day 1 of my WoW career, I had to learn, overcome and adapt from season to season and earn gear to take on better players. Gear rooted out the weak and left the strong standing, so that they can go toe to toe, then skill kicked in until there was only the winner standing. I'm talking about the days of Wintersgrasp and Tolbarad, with PvP Resilience.

But i know, i know.. most or some of you are thinking " who is he to say this with a his best MMR achievement of 1550? " but i would expect that from you. So please allow me to shed some light on my background a little?

Im playing from South Africa Cape Town, ping on a good day is bout 188ms, so the delay is playable, I earned the 1550 in 2's with my highest being 1669 and 1700 in rated battlegrounds. back then that was considered to be pretty decent. My current record in 2s is almost over 300 games played .. 145 won. so its just bout 49 % win ratio. And i'm damn proud of it cause i fought for it! Against some pretty unfair odds and very strong classes. Sometimes with a healer.. sometimes with 2 dps. .. sometimes with a crappy healer who doesn't cc that claims to have a 2.8 k rated warrior himself :D (who knew I was playing with a pro!)

Just the other night i read a post of a Worgen Rogue that was MMR bashing players, he had 62 games won with a total of 97, rating of over 1.7 with full rival gear and less than 200 honorable kills. So i guess he is a REAL PvP'er as well eh?? like you, who P&^SIED out like a coward on their main to roll the meta flavor of the month. so by all means bash away at me.

I am always getting an !@# kicking on my warrior, hell me along with many other on all classes and specs, but we fight on cause we are real PvP'ers we are here win or loose.