Another day...

Pet Battles
With only one pet WQ up that rewards polished pet charms...seriously?

how are us collectors meant to buy the copious amounts of pets from vendors when we're limited to about 15 charms per day if we're lucky? was there even a pet WQ up yesterday that rewarded them?

I think we'd need over 7000 to buy all the vendor pets, most are over 300 charms per pet and ive only been back to the game for 4 weeks and only managed to earn around 600 :S its gonna take us into the next expansion before we're able to buy them all unless i have to level all my alts to do them too?

seriously blizz, take away the stupid pet bandages as rewards and replace them with charms? i have thousands of bandages from previous content and i rly dont need anymore, you replaced the old charms no problem much to my annoyance so why not replace the bandages with new ones while you're at it....

you totally killed pet/mount farming this expansion, in my guild we always have a laugh at how disgusting cataclysm was, and always compare it to really bad things inside and outside of wow, but honestly after four weeks of BFA and witnessed how much you guys ruined so many aspects of the game i gotta say....in comparison, Cata was waaaaaaaaaay better, and that really is saying a lot...

Thankfully either way my subscription runs out in less than 2 hours time, and theres no chance im resubbing but before it runs out i just wanted to let you know, cheers for messing this one up on such a big scale /bravo

I feel sorry for the guys who is falling for the scam of paying 6 months in advance for a mount, just because you released an unfinished expac and realised how many people are leaving and left the game.
It seems this expansion is in general "let's cut off everything players have had too much". Blood of Sargeras/Expulsom, Order/War Resources, gold, Pet Charms. So now we're witnessing the other extreme… and it ain't fun.

This is because the Pet Charm model had a glimpse of sense when you were able to gather them every day.
With Warlords' dailies sent back into the alternate reality they came from, we have no option to make up for the RNGods' coma. I don't like no options.

I would really like one quest per 12h shift always grant PPC, or make each BfA World Quest to give a small number of them in addition to the other goods on the "loot" table. Y'know, sometimes the ship missions seem to give more than actual pet content.

I suppose Gnomeregan will grant them aswell, but I wouldn't hope for anything more than 20 per run.
29/09/2018 13:17Posted by Remte
It seems this expansion is in general "let's cut off everything players have had too much". Blood of Sargeras/Expulsom, Order/War Resources, gold, Pet Charms. So now we're witnessing the other extreme… and it ain't fun.

This is because the Pet Charm model had a glimpse of sense when you were able to gather them every day.
With Warlords' dailies sent back into the alternate reality they came from, we have no option to make up for the RNGods' coma. I don't like no options.

I would really like one quest per 12h shift always grant PPC, or make each BfA World Quest to give a small number of them in addition to the other goods on the "loot" table. Y'know, sometimes the ship missions seem to give more than actual pet content.

I suppose Gnomeregan will grant them aswell, but I wouldn't hope for anything more than 20 per run.

I got a garrison mission that drops 15 of them by default and 16 bonus, but sadly I didn't have the right troops to counter cursed =/
I'm not going to say I'm satisfied with the expansion overall, but on the relevant topic here, I am satisfied with the vendor pet charms approach.

I thought the changeover of Charms was badly done. I think the World Quests so far are disappointingly easy. But I do like that a great many pets are available through straightforwardly working for them day by day.

We were adding it up on the Discord. 5100 Charms for the pets. Another 1000 for the Portal coming in 8.1, but that's only needed for the True Collectors. Throw another 1000 for any new True Collectors (there can't be many) for any Stones you might need, you're up to 7000 Charms for the expansion. The expansion will have about 700 days. So worst case, you want to get 10 Charms a day to complete the set.

Now, note this is true only for True Collectors. People who don't need them all won't be bothered about missing some, and won't need the new Portal. (I don't think even I will need the new Portal this expansion.) And nearly all the pets are tradeable, so you can buy them with gold as well. (Or make gold selling them.)

True Collectors already have multiple alts. They have collected both Horde and Alliance pets. They have also probably got at least a couple of classes like Druid, DK, Monk for the class-specific Legion pets.

10 charms a day over the course of an expansion, with multiple alts to collect them, is not a problem. People just want their collection full in the first month, and that is not what is intended this time around. I think I've earned 1300 or 1400 so far, so I'll be done in another 4 or 5 months. And then I can plaintively cry "Blizz, I have nuttin' to doooooo!" for the rest of the expansion :P

At least as far as Charm pets are concerned.

When it comes to Island pets, and especially the 400 Honor pet, there we can have a conversation about reasonableness. But Charm pets are fine.
I am aware that you do not direct this reply at me, but these are the nuances of the different ways of communication.
But I want to make it clear – I do not mind how much exactly is needed, or how long it would take in the long run. I do mind that there are days when the earning of them is simply not possible; not even a possibility of earning them.
As far as I noticed this concern extents to other rewards to support other areas of gameplay (weapons in particular).

Anyway – I can see a point in association with raising at least two characters, as you need to unlock the vendors and get reputation anyway. Yet, this doesn't, in itself, make such a disparity of supply a necessity.
At least now I see what would happen if they made a change to WQs themselves. :P

For now, I just hope for a little stabler source of Charms. Can be a weekly. Can be even once per Sign of the Critter. Just stop the "oh no no bandages again" already. Who's complained about that in Legion? :)
Bandages as a reward for WQ are an insult, a complete joke. A bad and tasteless joke. No argument there.

But I don't recall any day so far when there hasn't been at least one WQ for 15 or more Charms. As I look at https://www.wowhead.com/world-quests/bfa/eu right now, I see two. Each will reward 15-19, and when I log in I will do both on two characters, giving me 60-76 Charms for the day.

I'm also constantly getting Missions for Charms, btw. I don't know about other people, because it's RNG, but it's very rare for me to have a day with no Charm missions. I don't bother with them, because I'm getting more than plenty anyhow, but I could if I wanted.

Of course, when I drag up more characters through the boring swamp of scaling-land, that number will multiply further.

Sorry, I see no shortage of Charms.

P.S. I was wrong. I missed one. There were actually three Charm quests, totalling 46 Charms per character. So I got 92 Charms today.

As I said, I don't remember any day without Charm quests, but even if there were none in the next week, I'd still be ahead of the minimum target.
04/10/2018 20:41Posted by Gráinne
Bandages as a reward for WQ are an insult, a complete joke. A bad and tasteless joke. No argument there.

But I don't recall any day so far when there hasn't been at least one WQ for 15 or more Charms. As I look at https://www.wowhead.com/world-quests/bfa/eu right now, I see two. Each will reward 15-19, and when I log in I will do both on two characters, giving me 60-76 Charms for the day.

I'm also constantly getting Missions for Charms, btw. I don't know about other people, because it's RNG, but it's very rare for me to have a day with no Charm missions. I don't bother with them, because I'm getting more than plenty anyhow, but I could if I wanted.

Of course, when I drag up more characters through the boring swamp of scaling-land, that number will multiply further.

Sorry, I see no shortage of Charms.

P.S. I was wrong. I missed one. There were actually three Charm quests, totalling 46 Charms per character. So I got 92 Charms today.

As I said, I don't remember any day without Charm quests, but even if there were none in the next week, I'd still be ahead of the minimum target.

Check the map today haha, not one up that gives PPC xD
06/10/2018 12:29Posted by Perentie
Check the map today haha, not one up that gives PPC xD

True. The day ain't over yet, though. We get 2 in the morning, and 2 in the evening. There were none this morning. I'll wait for the evening shift to see what is added there. I'm betting there will be at least one.

P.S. I was wrong. Today was a day without Charm(s). :)

P.P.S (Next morning) .... aaaand we have two Charm quests up this morning!
P.P.P.S ... and we got another one in the evening, netting me 100 Charms across two characters for the day.

At this rate, I'll have completed the expansion's Charm content in three months.