What class to take for a solo beginner? Not DK\DH

General
I definitely suggest hunter, if you're more into melee then Survival if you're more into ranged Beast Mastery. (I don't suggest Marksmanship because it's not as good at soloing as those two.)

You can heal(and rez) your pet in battle and keep all mobs aggrod on it with Misdirection. Survivability and soloing is great, have decent mobility and unique movement (Disengage allows you to jump from any height without dying to the fall.)

If you get fed up with pet management you can always just swap to Marksmanship for a little alone time. :)
Demo Warlick pew pew with demonds.
As others have said, hunter is a good call. BM especially is very beginner-friendly and you won't have issues soloing stuff. Depending on what pet you take, you have a very good self-heal, and also the ability to completely reset an encounter (dismiss pet, feign death).

Paladin might also be worth looking into as there are a ton of 'oh !@#$' buttons if you mess up or need to get out of a tight spot. They're a hybrid so their self-healing is decent.

Druids are hit and miss. Feral in particular is one of the more complicated specs in the game, but you can fill all roles on one class.

Just my 2c
BM Hunter is the quintessential easy to pick up class. As for your pet dying - don't let it. BM Hunter is also viable all the way up to top level at the moment.

Warlock is also a pet class, therefore also hard to kill, has gimmicks Soulstone, Healthstone, Summon, Gateway. Self-Healing was nerfed a lot in BfA, but it's still pretty sturdy comparatively when all classes had their self-heals nerfed.

Druid is not my personal favourite class, but is by far best for soloing. You can do everything on a Druid. Tank spec will roll over anything. Balance is amazing for soloing old content. And if you don't enjoy the shapeshifting, Paladin has most of the same characteristics, but slower.
Ret pala.
28/09/2018 19:55Posted by Korrina
28/09/2018 19:46Posted by Yeviat

As a mage you can solo things
Define things :P
Any spec can solo anything in the right circumstances, but the easiest way to do it is with a tanking spec. So any class with a tanking spec will be better than mage, or hunter for that matter.

Well he said things :)
I would say Paladin, Hunter or rogue.

Namely the first two is the typical beginners choice, where a rogue is great, it might take a bit more practise.

Both Paladin and Hunter are great for soloing.

I would have suggested DK, as they are super strong... But title and all.
28/09/2018 21:22Posted by Lexinna

Namely the first two is the typical beginners choice, where a rogue is great, it might take a bit more practise.

How are DK strong. Maybe in braindead pve dps and it still even isn't. One of the worst classes.
28/09/2018 21:41Posted by Alfie
28/09/2018 21:22Posted by Lexinna

How are DK strong. Maybe in braindead pve dps and it still even isn't. One of the worst classes.

I play spriest and elemental shaman mostly.. don't come here and tell me which is worst classes atm :P

He said that he was new, so I assume that a lot of soloing will be going on. As far as I know, BDK is still somewhat super strong for that... right?
Melee or ranged? After that you can choose the class.
Hunter / Warlock, skip the Warlock if you want to do pvp

If you are interested in learning how to solo content as a tank Paladin / Warrior is also a choice

If not being high level enough to create a DK or DH is the only drawback, you can always learn to tank with Pala / Warrior so you get an idea before you try them out once you reach 55 and 100
reads like a hunter in the making
28/09/2018 19:57Posted by Selranath
Disengage allows you to jump from any height without dying to the fall.

I know it Works but i keep timing it wrong and die anyways :D
Paladin, druid or Monk. These are the classes you're looking for.
They can do everything.
Hunter.

I'd recommend Survival Hunter, its such a fun spec. :3
But if you prefer range over Melee, go BM or MM.
BM Hunter or Warlock.
Buy I would suggest you to pick enhancement shaman... With warmode on. The lightning effect is just so cool.
28/09/2018 18:47Posted by Amrunon
28/09/2018 18:44Posted by Korkki
DK/DH
read the title. Also I can not play DH because my max lvl was 40.

go for mage since you will have teleports to major cities, you can make your own food and not have to buy any as your leveling, you can constantly freeze monsters in place so they reach you slower and do less damage to you and you get a cool water elemental as a partner in crime as you go thru azeroth murdering countless civilizations for their treasures
28/09/2018 18:52Posted by Iggwilv
Hunter /thread

Yes. Hunter is THE beginner class.
I recommend you don't pick a class based on what's easier for leveling. That won't be relevant for you at max level after all. Nor will leveling actually teach you much about your class at all, especially if it's something like a pet class that will never have downtime.