Tides of Vengeance is completely Alliance favored

General
01/10/2018 23:22Posted by Mayoi
Spoilers obviously ahead.Read at your own merit
3) They will lose nobody ( the tinker king doesnt die he gets frozen magni 2.0 ).

I know where you read the frozen magni part but from the quotes that were datamined he dies.

Why lie? He is frozen not dead.To be specific Anduin even asks Jaina if she knows how to get him out and she says she doesnt. Those are from the datamines.Anduin says that he is "lost" (cause you know frozen), not dead.
i find it kinda hillarius that horde absolutely destroyed allience in wpvp in BfA to the point 99% of allience turned out warmode off yet its them who are "winning" war campaign :)

i see you haven't done any rated pvp, scared of a fair fight?
Alliance does not even know how the hell did Talanji and the others get into stockades. Their escape is off-screen. We probably won't be even told how Saurfang gets away. There's no hint if Anduin and Saurfang had their hinted "talk" and what came from it - while the Horde will likely have a glimpse into that in 8.1. Again, several plot points are denied from Alliance PoV.
01/10/2018 17:53Posted by Kurosu

WOTLK : alliance are the cannon killers of Lich king
MOP : alliance raids Oggrimar. 0 casualties on alliance named characters ( Rhonin was kirin tor). Dalaran becomes an alliance city.
Legion : warchief dies simply because varian died to avoid community crying.Doesnt matter that we lost 2 warchiefs already ,making the scale 3-1.
Bfa : I wont even bother to argue.

What a pile of nonsense.
WOTLK: Tirion is the canon killer of LK. If you forgot that, he was EXILED from the Alliance (by Arthas and Uther) before W3 and neutral ever since.
Cata (conveniently skipped): Southshore plagued off-screen. Andorhal lost to deus-ex-machina valkyr. Gilneas plagued. Azshara zone butchered by goblins. Also, Green Jesus. Horde losses? Self-inflicted (Cairne).
MoP: Alliance lost Theramore (along with several high-ranked officers of the whole faction) and Northwatch even before the expansion began. Tyrande shown as impatinet fool, story progression for Varian scrapped past that scenario (while Garrosh got quite some attention). Dalaran gained only temporarily (and with no actual effect on the war). Even after the end of SoO, there's nothing out of it for the Allaince (no war reparations to be paid, no reconstruction of Theramore/Gilneas) while the Horde was cleansed of several idiots.
Legion: Genn gets rekt while Sylvanas does not get even a scratch. Thalyssra runs to Horde because the harsh truth told by Tyrande hurts her feelings. Vindicaar is turned into weather forecast satellite - I guess that's how much use it'll see from now on.
BfA so far:
Darnassus destroyed by the horde. Undercity destroyed by the horde, turning a loss into a tie. Escape from Stormwind + fleet destroyed by a friggin' troll (how humilitating). No story ties to Uldir for the Alliance. Derek's body captured by Sylvanas. What we got, so far, is visually superior zones and (likely) more emotional story - neither of which has any impact on the war itself.
02/10/2018 00:16Posted by Yrál
Where's your '' Burn it! '' jokes now? Burning of Zuldazar. That is karma for you.

How is burning of Zuldazar even possible when entire city is made out of stone? Only ectra assets are made of flammable materials. The title of raid is strupid.
I don't understand why people are so inconsistent when it comes to neutral factions or npcs just because they want it to fit their narrative.

>wotlk was alliance centered because tirion
>rhonin death doesn't count he's kirin tor
01/10/2018 17:53Posted by Kurosu
01/10/2018 17:35Posted by Solmyra
An Alliance-favoured patch? Good, means we balance the scale abit.

WOTLK : alliance are the cannon killers of Lich king
MOP : alliance raids Oggrimar. 0 casualties on alliance named characters ( Rhonin was kirin tor). Dalaran becomes an alliance city.
Legion : warchief dies simply because varian died to avoid community crying.Doesnt matter that we lost 2 warchiefs already ,making the scale 3-1.
Bfa : I wont even bother to argue.

The game is alliance based since forever but you choose to ignore it because otherwise you cant keep asking for even more.

Cataclysm: Who was cannon killer expansion boss?
MOP: You saved your own city.
Legion: Too bad for me but dalaran allowed for horde.
BFA: we can say alliance bias if your edgy warchief stops resurrecting her allies and night elves after killed them and burned our main city ( even its impossible to resurrect night elves as forsaken in lore). So stop crying about bias.
02/10/2018 08:14Posted by Zakkaru
02/10/2018 00:16Posted by Yrál
Where's your '' Burn it! '' jokes now? Burning of Zuldazar. That is karma for you.

How is burning of Zuldazar even possible when entire city is made out of stone? Only ectra assets are made of flammable materials. The title of raid is strupid.

We borrowed Zul's technique, when he set Stormwind on fire with single torch.
With all those massive dinos running around and the gnome sizes dungs they produce it is a mistery how it hasn't burnt before.
01/10/2018 17:06Posted by Kurosu
We get the same story of 3 expanions ago while the other faction get their wet dream of beating the hell out of us.

Have you tried playing a night elf?
they proly think mop was good cause of the story lol
As far as I can recall from the pre launch event Horde arrived to see the tree all ready on fire.

Can't blame us for nelf pyroblast mages drinking expired plomwine.

What the alliance get : 1) Once again they strike a major horde city ( yeah zandalari and kul tiras are not "officialy" part of the factions but we all know they will be).
2) They will kill one of the leaders. 3) They will lose nobody ( the tinker king doesnt die he gets frozen magni 2.0 ). 4) They destroy the troll navy 5) According to greymane the war agaist zandalari will be over within weeks.6)They take back the scepter of the Horde campaign and completely negate it.

What the horde gets : 1 ) A storyline with voljin that ends with...nothing.They literally learn nothing.They get no answers at all. 2) Mop 2.0, with Saufarg in the place of Voljin, a sylvanas ranger in the place of orc assasin and Baine in the place of Theron. 3) They lose another valkyr. 4) Completely !@#$ed up war -wise.

Yeah kudos for balance and imagination.We get the same story of 3 expanions ago while the other faction get their wet dream of beating the hell out of us.

Well, duuh! Blizz needs to make up for years of horde bias, so i dont see the issue.
02/10/2018 13:50Posted by Crashandburn
Well, duuh! Blizz needs to make up for years of horde bias, so i dont see the issue.

What Horde Bias exactly?

You killed the Lich King, you prevented Garrosh from going full evil Overlord, you stoped the Legion... Where in the Lore was the Horde even a positive influence to the story?

What the alliance get : 1) Once again they strike a major horde city ( yeah zandalari and kul tiras are not "officialy" part of the factions but we all know they will be).
2) They will kill one of the leaders. 3) They will lose nobody ( the tinker king doesnt die he gets frozen magni 2.0 ). 4) They destroy the troll navy 5) According to greymane the war agaist zandalari will be over within weeks.6)They take back the scepter of the Horde campaign and completely negate it.

What the horde gets : 1 ) A storyline with voljin that ends with...nothing.They literally learn nothing.They get no answers at all. 2) Mop 2.0, with Saufarg in the place of Voljin, a sylvanas ranger in the place of orc assasin and Baine in the place of Theron. 3) They lose another valkyr. 4) Completely !@#$ed up war -wise.

Yeah kudos for balance and imagination.We get the same story of 3 expanions ago while the other faction get their wet dream of beating the hell out of us.

Nice try OP, you mean you get another adventure, where you get to look good, save your city with nothing changing .

Alliance get a consolation bone by killing Farrakhan, but they gain no horde territory, the horde still has Suramar and ALL the greatest zones of the last 3 expansions.

Oh how I would love an alliance city to be attacked where they actually get to look like badass heroes saving their city.

No, when alliance cities get attacked they get destroyed;
Stormwund in WC1
Lordaeron in Wc3
Theramore in Mop
Darnassus in Bf a

Horde?
Orgrimmar - sieged, and saved by the horde after a great storyline
Suramar - the would be alliance city, but no, too pretty and fancy,also got saved by the elves, so blizzard had to give it to themselves and the horde. Horde victory.
Zuldazar - off, both the high elf civilization and the nightnelf one is clearly not enough, they get the troll empire too, and you are complaining? Oh look Zuldazar saved, by brave horde defender, but oh no, Farrakhan died, butncitynsafe, secure, Zandalari committed to horde.

What did the alliance gain there exactly? Consolation prize like has been happening since TBC

Sorry, not shedding 1 tear, not even 1
I've seen no golden apples for the alliance in 4 expansions, It's about time we get a bite of it.... Pity we couldn't claim Zuldazar for the Alliance and have the Zandalari refugees move into Orgrimmar's streets.

we still don't have a true safe haven for the Night Elves honestly the horde really have nothing to complain about except crappy leader and the forsaken without a home.

But no most of the whining is Rastakhan died and as if we didn't know that from the start of BfA. Rastakhan death flags everywhere.
You only lose half of the Zandalari navy .

Moaning about the only relevant gnome getting iced is laudable he may come back sooner for the gnomish allied race story line we can speculate on *Junker Gnomes* or he could be Iced for several expansions hence our Diamond dwarf .
he is a legitimate loss to the alliance in the mean time.
02/10/2018 14:44Posted by Xemeron
02/10/2018 13:50Posted by Crashandburn

What Horde Bias exactly?

You killed the Lich King, you prevented Garrosh from going full evil Overlord, you stoped the Legion... Where in the Lore was the Horde even a positive influence to the story?

People forgot about Green Jesus that quickly huh.
02/10/2018 16:44Posted by Izila
02/10/2018 14:44Posted by Xemeron

What Horde Bias exactly?

Who was only allowed to do anyting usefull after he officially left the horde and became neutral.
02/10/2018 17:16Posted by Xemeron
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Who was only allowed to do anyting usefull after he officially left the horde and became neutral.

Oh right I forgot that when a Horde npc does something it doesn't count because neutral. Alliance lore characters dying also doesn't count because neutral.

But wotlk was Alliance centered because Tirion, gotcha.
It IS balanced, Alliance is by FAR stronger than the Horde.
The only reason Horde even exists anymore is because of the writing and for there to be an enemy to the Alliance ofcourse.

+ there has been some serious Horde bias gameplay wise so it's good to have some Alliance side lore wise.
Typical horde wind vane and cry babies xD !

Random horde: Booo it is always us the horde painted as the big baddy morally grey yeah right... and oh Varian was a warmonger and as soon as Alliance do a concrete action yet doesn't genocide the zandalari.

Booo Alliance bias ...Allliance are cold blooded murderes and can we please have wotlk Varian who jumped in battle too demand the traitrorious kaldorei instead of Anduin blah blah blah , whatever the devs do typical hordes bullsh** and always complain and cry like carebear ah ah ah ah !

As soon as the Alliance get anything booooh Alliance biasss Blizzard ! Deal with it ! Long live king rastathing and r.i.p !

Next dove to be slaughtered, one step forward !