Im new to WoW and its disappointing

General
So i started to play Wow, if i recall correctly in Legion around 2017 winter. I played it for 2 months, but after i stoped.

I bought BFA and playing since it was released, but the amount of disappointment is crazy, Legion vs BFA is like day and night. Legion was way better.

BFA: Zero story content, at least for me. I liked the Legion lore, it had a great theme.
In BFA, when i first saw it was all about Alli vs Horde. Isnt this the case since the very beginning? What is BFA about is still a mistery to me.

World bosses: the purple type. I killed 5 in a row in i think 3 weeks. got ZERO loot. nothing. the reward was 35 gold for a World boss, its basically equal to killing 10 trash mob.

Mythic chest: since im new, i was happy i could finish a M +7 in time. So i received my ilvl 370 loot. Sadly in this slot i already had a 370, with way better stats. Like why? Why cant this give something usefull? why cant it give something to lower end of your gear?

Farming nightborn in Suramar. not gonna lie, its absolute horrible. i rather PAY for having it then farming, this is how bad it is.

I still played a lot, still reached exalted with all BFA factions, but im sure im not going to continue without any imporvement or new content. All of my friends are talked to said, this expo is a contender to be the worst expo ever in WoW history.

Azerite farming: it forces you not to make an alt account. Previously in Legion you found 1 item that increases artifact points, and you basically maxed out all skills. Here i just dont wanna try out new thing, since i would know i need to farm out all over again.

So for me as a new player, this expoansion is WAY worse than Legion. 8.1 cannot come soon enough, but im not even excited.
How can you compare? You played 2 months of a year old expansion and now your less than 2 months into a less than 2 month old expansion.

In legion you started after all the patches and main content were released and bfa hasn't even hit patch 1 yet.

Come back in 12 months and try again mate.
Ohh and i almost forgot the amount if 3rd party addons, like Raider .IO.

Im not using it to be honest. I finished freehold +7, but i cannot get into a +5, because i have no IO :D

PT leader simply rejected me when i couldnt give rating :D
03/10/2018 19:28Posted by Nefaryas
How can you compare? You played 2 months of a year old expansion and now your less than 2 months into a less than 2 month old expansion.

In legion you started after all the patches and main content were released and bfa hasn't even hit patch 1 yet.

Come back in 12 months and try again mate.

This answers 10% of my concerns but thanks
Unfortunately, the game PoopForged, sorry you had to waste all that money on a slot machine product. You're not alone.
03/10/2018 19:29Posted by Killinspr
Unfortunately, the game PoopForged, sorry you had to waste all that money on a slot machine product. You're not alone.

i wouldnt say it was a waste, but after a certain point im not rewarded at all for my actions.

give you another example. The moment you reach exalted you already havea decent gear. So what will the repu give me after i reach exalted? whats the point? nothing...
World Bosses can only be looted once in a week so killing it repeatedly won’t drop anything. Just a little heads up.
Also, you need to remember that you joined Legion near its end, so it had already been through several patches and added lots of additional content in comparison to its release. Just let this expansion have st least another patch before comparing it to Legion.
03/10/2018 19:19Posted by Ahaa

BFA: Zero story content, at least for me. I liked the Legion lore, it had a great theme.
In BFA, when i first saw it was all about Alli vs Horde. Isnt this the case since the very beginning? What is BFA about is still a mistery to me.

If you came to Legion in the tail end of 2017, you had two years of story content waiting for you. It is not fair to compare that with BfA that is a month old. At launch, Legion only had the levelling zones, the first leg of the class hall campaign, the Emerald Nightmare raid and about half of the Suramar storyline. IMO, that's fairly comparable to BfA's six levelling zones, two war campaigns, Uldir and the two questlines regarding Jaina and Bwonsamdi/Rastakhan/Voljin. The story that's in the game is also way beyond Legion in terms of presentation, with more organic and interactive quests and way more cutscenes and voiced dialogue. Moreover, remember that BfA has its story content split roughly in half between the factions. If you only did the Horde bit, you essentially only did half the storyline. And while YMMV, in my opinion the Alliance storylines are WAY better than what Horde gets to experience.

World bosses: the purple type. I killed 5 in a row in i think 3 weeks. got ZERO loot. nothing. the reward was 35 gold for a World boss, its basically equal to killing 10 trash mob.

Well, you were unlucky and didn't get a drop. I'm sorry, but you will have to deal with it, loot drops are not guaranteed and it certainly is not fair to call an entire expansion cycle trash because you didn't score 'pHaT lOoTz'. Besides, checking your Armory, I can see that you wouldn't get any upgrades from the World Bosses anyway. They drop 355 loot and the only slot you don't already have something that's equal or better is your chestpiece. World Bosses are meant to be something for world questing solo players that have limited access to loot beyond 340, or for boosting the ilvl of freshly dinged alts. If you do a lot of M+ or raiding, you will outpace their rewards rather quickly and there is nothing wrong with that. Also, this is not really a fair comparison with Legion since World Bosses in Legion worked the exact same way.

Mythic chest: since im new, i was happy i could finish a M +7 in time. So i received my ilvl 370 loot. Sadly in this slot i already had a 370, with way better stats. Like why? Why cant this give something usefull? why cant it give something to lower end of your gear?

Again, loot drops are not guaranteed. You have to deal with it. Besides, you DID get something useful. You got 360 boots from that +7 run. You also have a lot of other pieces from +3, +4, +5 and +6 dungeons. So no, your dungeon runs were certainly not useless. Yes, the cache was a dud for you this week, that happens and you have to be a big boy and take that. I got a 370 weapon two weeks in a row in mine. But random drops are random drops. I certainly won't be making a whine thread about that on the forums. And again, that is not a fair comparison because a) you having some bad luck with loot drops does not invalidate an entire two-year expansion cycle, and b) Legion had the same exact M+ cache system.

Farming nightborn in Suramar. not gonna lie, its absolute horrible. i rather PAY for having it then farming, this is how bad it is.

I am not sure, but I presume you are referring to the rep requirement for unlocking Allied Races. If so, then that subject has been argued to death already. Some people like the idea of the races requiring dedication to unlock, others do not, but apparently that system is here to stay and it is not unlike the requirement for other cosmetic items - I am still doing Argent Tournament dailies on my Paladin for the titles and mounts, so it's hardly a novel concept. But in any case, I don't see how this is an argument for BfA being trash compared to Legion.

I still played a lot, still reached exalted with all BFA factions, but im sure im not going to continue without any imporvement or new content. All of my friends are talked to said, this expo is a contender to be the worst expo ever in WoW history.

Well, new content has been announced and is coming. If you feel like there is nothing left for you to do in the game, you are free to stop playing until it lands. Loads of people consume WoW content in that manner. As for your friends, they are entitled to their opinion, but personally I believe they are being hyperbolic. Every expansion is always 'the worst ever' in certain people's eyes when it lands. That included Legion too.

Azerite farming: it forces you not to make an alt account. Previously in Legion you found 1 item that increases artifact points, and you basically maxed out all skills. Here i just dont wanna try out new thing, since i would know i need to farm out all over again.

This is, again, not a fair comparison. The reason you could 'find one item' and 'max out all skills' in Legion was because you came to the game at the end of its lifecycle and benefitted from two years of Artifact Power catchup. When Legion was a month old, people were still grinding Artifact Power to unlock their second, if not first, golden trait - same way people in BfA right now are gathering AP to unlock their third or fourth trait ring. And the AP catchup mechanic of BfA is MUCH more generous than Legion's. I cycle through three characters right now and all of them have at least a lv20 necklace, with the highest being 24, and that means I am unlocking most of the relevant stuff on any piece I get. With how the catchup works, in a couple months, every freshly dinged 120 will have a 20-ish neck. That certainly is nowhere near where AP grinding was in the first months of Legion. In Legion, the AP system was so grindy and busted it was a huge chore (or borderline impossible until Artifact Knowledge stacked up a bunch) to level up a single off-spec, let alone catch alts up.
to be honest i aggre with the following people that replyied but to be fair i dont realy enjoy BFA at all... and i have been playing since vanilla..
You'll find its better than ESO/GW2 thats for sure even if it is "bad" its one of the fewer MMORPGS which atleast dont feel overly clunky or go horrendously stale after the first 2 weeks
If you played TBC and WOTLK, you would die. So you are lucky you only played legion
Unfortunately World of Warcraft has become like McDonald's. You know it's !@#$ but it's the least %^-*.
03/10/2018 21:05Posted by Vulrin
You'll find its better than ESO/GW2 thats for sure even if it is "bad" its one of the fewer MMORPGS which atleast dont feel overly clunky or go horrendously stale after the first 2 weeks

Yep, the best you can say of BFA is its the least bad option out there.
03/10/2018 19:28Posted by Ahaa
Ohh and i almost forgot the amount if 3rd party addons, like Raider .IO.

Im not using it to be honest. I finished freehold +7, but i cannot get into a +5, because i have no IO :D

PT leader simply rejected me when i couldnt give rating :D

Amount of 3rd party addons like raider.io? Whats the amount? Which other addons with functionality like raider.io are people using?
You played legion for 2 months? How can you compare this?

You played legion release? As that was a poopshow too!

Actually I’ve never known any expansion where it’s not been a poop show at the start.

Every single expansion people say the same thing, year in year out, every patch, complaints.

But you CAN’T compair months worth of playing legion to BFA.

as I asked. What patch did you start in legion?
03/10/2018 21:12Posted by Lightdagger
If you played TBC and WOTLK, you would die. So you are lucky you only played legion

u mean two expansions that are a billion times better than this crap ??
03/10/2018 22:58Posted by Cluelessnoob
03/10/2018 21:12Posted by Lightdagger

u mean two expansions that are a billion times better than this crap ??

yup i wanted to say that ;)
You guys say Legion got way better at the end, which is true.
But what stopped them from making BfA good from the get go?
They just scrapped a ton of old systems that were frankly annoying.
I stopped at "a zero story content". Then I realized this person is absolutely deluded since story is objectively one of the pros of this expansion. It's literally riddled with story at every nook and cranny.