Upcoming Azerite Armor Improvements

Battle for Azeroth Class Development
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
Please don't make farming world quests for raid gear a thing. It sounds like a terrible plan to me.
Sounds good, thank you!
I am personally burned out from raiding and M+ in general, so I am looking forward to being able to obtain high ilvl Azerite armor from Emissaries. At least it will motivate many people to do World Quests again too!

Cheers!
From PvP weekly chest you have a chance to loot https://www.wowhead.com/item=164584/warlords-trophy which you can use to upgrade your azerite armor up to 385.

Why cant you make similar items for PvE? We can get a small chance to get it from weekly m+ chest (ilvl to upgrage depends of highest keystone done). So we can upgrade our 340 azerite piece (with traits we want to have) up to 385 too.

For example for 8.1 patch:

15 key - token upgrade to 385 ilvl
10 key - to 370 ilvl
8 key - to 360 ilvl etc...

p.s. sorry for bad eng.
So we get the same Problem again next raid tier?
To scale up the wq rewards was allways the plan. Dont try to sell that as a change.
Got a couple additional notes from the development team based on your initial responses:

• When Siege of Zuldazar opens, loot from other sources will also increase in quality. So BfA Season 2 PvP rewards will have 5 rings, as well as M+ drops from existing dungeons, etc. Those rewards will be higher ilvl to reflect the new season. The change isn’t retroactive (items you already have won't be upgraded), but basically all endgame loot will have 5 rings once we’re in Season 2.
  • Emissary Azerite armor still scales with your item level - it's not just a flat increase. The goal is to make sure that if you have a high item level, regardless of the source of that gear (raiding, PvP, M+, etc.), you have a reliable source of comparable Azerite rewards.
  • The reason we chose Emissaries for this is that it's an issue affecting a wide range of players, not just those who are clearing Mythic+ dungeons. Adding them to Mythic+ would indeed be a great solution if you're a player who's already focused on completing high-level keystones, but doesn't really help people who just want to stick to raiding or PvP. Emissaries are accessible to everyone.
  • 370 is just the current Azerite cap for the hotfix we're working on. When Season 2 begins and the overall quality of rewards goes up, that cap will increase.
@Lore So your answer to all of the feedback is just let the RNG of Emissary Cashe be the source to fix the issue.

That is just awful, You have had since Leigon launched to get this Azerite system in place since that is when BFA went into development. Instead you (you and the dev team) simply say you can have the gear but you have to grind good'ol WQ and roll the dice with said Emissary for the day assuming that we don't get given either AP, Trinkets or Weapons.

Why do we have to wait for this after a big patch hits rather than deploy a hotfix and make it live now??, Why dose this have to go through PTR when it's a case of adjusting WQ Emissary rewards via some dev coding and flipping the switch??

1) Either make Azerite gear drop from M+ like the majority of the playerbase has asked for.

2) Move the Azerite traits to the neck and actually make it mean something beyond just being a stat stick that gets a little bit better after going on a AP grind, Just scrap the Azerite gear entirely after the tides of vengeance and give us regular Head, Shoulder and Chest gear again with Raid/Spec set bonuses.

To me this Azerite carrot on a stick game is getting pretty old and has undermined pretty much all of what BFA had so much promise for, give me more story based content to roll through like you did in the pre-patch from week to week rather than being stuck on this senseless grind of Mission table, WQ, AP and Azerite and I know I'm not the only one that has expressed this.

Yours faithfully
A loyal Wow Grindee
Community feedback:

1) Make azerite gear drop from m+.

2) Add a PVE version of the warlord's trophy, allowing us to upgrade our azerite gear.

Blizzard:

Gotchu guys, more RNG from emissary :D
So just increase the droprate
04/10/2018 00:09Posted by Messiaen
If you let them drop from M+, it solves the problem

Not for those of us who don't do M+.
I love that you are addressing this issue and are thinking that the higher lvls shouldn't just come from M+ to give all players a chance at obtaining them even if they are not a massive fan of M+.

Could I suggest that professions could also do with some love and craftable azerite pieces would be a good solution in addition to other sources. Obviously high lvl gear would have to be time gated and/or labour/mats intensive but giving crafters something juicy to focus on would be awesome.
04/10/2018 02:01Posted by Muahahahaa
I love that you are addressing this issue and are thinking that the higher lvls shouldn't just come from M+ to give all players a chance at obtaining them even if they are not a massive fan of M+.

Could I suggest that professions could also do with some love and craftable azerite pieces would be a good solution in addition to other sources. Obviously high lvl gear would have to be time gated and/or labour/mats intensive but giving crafters something juicy to focus on would be awesome.

That's a good idea.
Pls no more RNG, please dont send World of Warcraft a single bit more in this direction. Why not reward challenging Content? Why would you get them in Raids, but not in M+ or high PVP regular chests?
i think a big issue regarding these traits we have atm is that the mindset when they were made is ''quanity over quality'' i think alot of people would prefer fewer traits in total if they just had more interesting interactions with your gameplay.

As frost mage it felt like none of the actual class traits had any interaction besides the hardcasting flurry one which pretty much felt like an alternative version of pyroclasm from playing fire. most of them is add more dmg to existing spells or proc something on a target.

I liked the one with trailing embers as it added a new variation of multidotting with pyroblast. where as the flame of alacrity that adds haste per non crit fireball has some cool ways to play with in pvp with greater pyro but overall just another stat budget on a stat budget working spell.
Very nice ideas, thank you Lore!

And now fix (Frost) DK PvP please!!! Within a week, not with 8.1. Nobody wants to play with us!
buyable azerit raid items via blood tokens from raid (like craftet items)
and
just let them drop in m+
or
weekly chest = azerit item + normal item ( 2items)
That's good most problems seems properly identified. We might not agree on the solutions but at least I feel we aggree on the problems.

We need to also have azerite from M+ even at a lower ilvl, but I need it cause I want to target specific trait. I don't like emissaries not only because quest makes one bored fast but mostly because the loot are too random for a mean to target specific trait.

There is too many trait, you just make your life harder, which makes the results under our expectation. Make less and better trait.

As for spec while we can't change trait, it would be better to make the drop spec specific. It frustrating to get made on which piece to use for which spec.... Or let use change trait, for a fair amount.
Welcome to the World of Worldquests, Emissary of Azeroth.
Why dont you add Azerite Pieces to PVP (for the PVP community), M+ (for the PVE community) and Emissaries for the casual part of the community?I dont get it.
04/10/2018 02:34Posted by Xaruq
Welcome to the World of Worldquests, Emissary of Azeroth.
Why dont you add Azerite Pieces to PVP (for the PVP community), M+ (for the PVE community) and Emissaries for the casual part of the community?I dont get it.

^ This

I find it hard to understand what Blizzard actually want with this system. Sure, give more azerite gear to those that enjoy doing world quests. I find m+ and raiding way more enjoying myself. I don't understand why they would just add more azerite gear to emissaries (which isn't high lvl content - high lvl loot should be awarded from high lvl content) and not for m+. I'm completely fine with you adding more azerite rewards to emissaries as long as you enable them in m+ aswell. Like, what are you guys at Blizzard even thinking? It doesn't make sense at all. I'm tired of all this RNG nonsense Blizzard is pushing us towards atm.
So Blizz can't give Azerite Armor for M+ because some players aren't doing M+s? ... ... ... surprise, some ppl don't do WQs

We need to make Azerite Armor more available, for all types of players
I guess that is supposed to include casual/social players as well

tbh I like that Azerite Armor is somehow rare rn, it makes me feel that trait choosing actually matters but having more options in every piece would be nice tho