Blizz blue posts

General
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
05/10/2018 15:21Posted by Aerythlea
05/10/2018 13:58Posted by Stormwithin
Tbh there should be something like a lastest blue post thingy at the top of the forum so people can click on it and go to the relevant forums to read it .

There's some stuff in the pipeline for the WoW forums right now, and I'm under the impression something along those lines is coming.

We appreciate your standpoint in not being involved in development,
What we are after is something along the lines of "We understand this is an issue and it's looked at being addressed", what we are getting is radio silence, no acknowledgment.

I understand that you might not be told much in order to know if something is being looked into, but it would be nice to know that certain messages are being passed on.

I initially started the DK riots just to know that we were at least being watched.
05/10/2018 13:33Posted by Aerythlea
Well this is a change, normally I get accused of only copy & pasting. Now I'm getting accused of not copy & pasting.

Out of curiosity, when you're saying that something from the US forum hasn't been posted on the EU forum - what exactly are you referring to?

I think they expect it to always be posted on General forums if there is any news /things to say about the game IE Lore's lastest post about Azerite Armour is in Class Development forums if i recall and not sticked in General.

Tbh there should be something like a lastest blue post thingy at the top of the forum so people can click on it and go to the relevant forums to read it .

Check this out, maybe itll help you
https://www.wowhead.com/bluetracker
Lol, those flames are so stupid... it is like yelling at the support over phone that is just there to help and had nothing to do with the creation of the product
I was about explain why this may be an issue with office locations since EU blues only get info from emails from the US which generally forget to correspond with the EU anyway.

No it can't be because the blues on US forums do the same thing.

The communication barrier between EU and US offices (and all others) is probably the biggest culprit really.

How do our blues learn about anything going on at the US meetings? What we want to know are the real details discussed among the class designers (as class design trumps all other content really imo) so how do we get that information to know we're not wasting our time playing this game?

For example: The Warlock class fantasy is a deeply flawed concept when it comes to PvP and most mid-high end PvE content. We simply need to move as much as mages do to avoid things, we lose so much dps when we do move and our rotation becomes a nonsensical mess and we need to wait for a moment where we can stand still and restart our rotations again. In PvP we just drop like flies because we can't move, get away, avoid damage or kite, counter melee or anything really. In PvP and PvE we are inherently by design: Burdens.

So we would like to know what the class designers first and foremost think about our problems. How do we get this information to them so we can understand their perspective, so then we can talk back and explain why their idea's are flawed as shown by the thousands of hours of playtesting and this poll right here: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2432644-What-version-of-Warlocks-have-you-enjoyed-playing-most-and-why

Can we get their insights? Is this an impossible expectation? Are the class devs actually working on the next xpac now and have completely left behind BFA? Who's working on class design right now?
you are not doing a very good job at calming down the community

I'm sorry but right now with the community as it stands nothing on earth will calm it down. It's reached the point where Blizzard cm's are pretty much saying "why do we even bother. They won't listen anyway and they'll find a way to blame me for everything"

You seem to be under the impression that Blizzard are willfully ignoring the EU forum.

They aren't. They DO regularly check the forums, the time it would take them to answer EVERY single post with a reply would be so long by the time they finished Monday at 11.59pm it would be Monday 00.01. Next month. Especially when they answer the same topic again and again and again because everyone and their pet cat would be saying "well you answered him!! Now reply to me!".

There are quite a few outlets where Blizzard keep the players informed. Forums. Facebook. Twitter. Wowhead.. That's four examples without even thinking.

Where you are right though is that the level of transparency between Blizzard and the playerbase has not been as good as with other expansions as it has with with BfA. There is a few reasons for this, but however, the community itself is by no means whatsoever blameless in this, as far too many of them will simply take at face value any old guff written on the internet as fact and will throw it at a CM's face if it dares to reply "well that's not true actually bec .." before yelling "LIAR!! I READ IT HERE" and covering its ears and repeating yadda yadda yadda when a CM who frankly, and I apologise to Aerythlea who puts up with a lot, is simply a meat shield who is the first to be attacked because she is the most visible, tries to explain.

All in all. I can't think of a less thankful employment right now with Blizzard and WoW as an EU cm with the quite ludicrous and despicable abuse people seem to think they deserve.

And to end. There are a number of things I dislike about BfA, but I dont feel the need to badger and worse, berate a blue about it because that will avail me nothing except a condescending sneer. Which is why I told the store story.

There's some stuff in the pipeline for the WoW forums right now, and I'm under the impression something along those lines is coming.

I’m under the impression we’d rather communicate with the people that do or know rather than those who have impressions.

Im sure youre good and all that but we can see the devs posting in the us in this very language and we cant weigh in. It’s been an utterly rubbish situation for many years and we deserve better.

I honestly dont know why you complain about copy pasting all the time when that is all you do and all we get.

Ill just read the us forums myself thankyouverymuch.
05/10/2018 16:10Posted by Shang

I think they expect it to always be posted on General forums if there is any news /things to say about the game IE Lore's lastest post about Azerite Armour is in Class Development forums if i recall and not sticked in General.

If you had read my post correctly i was talking about other people i know about wowhead and mmochamp and lastest blue posts.
All im saying there should be an option on the offical forums ,please learn to comprehend what i meant before trying to belittle me .
We shouldnt have to use 3rdparty sites to see lastest news thank you.
05/10/2018 17:12Posted by Stormwithin
05/10/2018 16:10Posted by Shang

If you had read my post correctly i was talking about other people i know about wowhead and mmochamp and lastest blue posts.
All im saying there should be an option on the offical forums ,please learn to comprehend what i meant before trying to belittle me .
We shouldnt have to use 3rdparty sites to see lastest news thank you.

Oh please, we all know blizz like it this way, they even recommend you to check all of wow things on those 3rdparty sides, thats the problem here, they wont track it since someone elses doin that, same with raider.io etc, blizz devs are even using one of those sites to balance classes out, tho i dont remember which ones, but Ion said so during one of Q&A.

Wasnt meant to belittle you but help..
Well this is a change, normally I get accused of only copy & pasting.

So you stopped?

Now I'm getting accused of not copy & pasting.

Wait, so you're still doing it?

Out of curiosity, when you're saying that something from the US forum hasn't been posted on the EU forum - what exactly are you referring to?

Ok now I'm confused, are you still copy and pasting or have you stopped?
They are paid to keep up a ''happy wonderland'' atmosphere in the forums, there are people browsing this forum who want to get into wow but check out the waters before, so they need to keep up a good illusion.

If first page are only 'bfa is so bad' threads where CMs try to calm players it's not a good start.

CM job = push happy dilly dally threads up / get rid of critical threads

Ever wondered why some critical or this is the truth-threads are instantly 2 pages behind even tho they get massive answers ? Welcome to blizz bull!@#$tery. They need to get in fresh meat because the old players already playing are diminishing fast and I think when classic comes out retail will be close to dead, the few ppl that will continue to play it are the streamers cause their lifes literally depend on wow and their streams (vanilla ain't so good for their toxic bull!@#$ i'm better than you streams) and the oh my ilvl is higher than yours kids.
04/10/2018 19:04Posted by Souldefíler
So a blue had the temerity to post on a topic you didn't approve of.

Quick. Find this charlatan, burn his (or her)car, rip up his mortgage.. stone his pet, sell his family into slavery destroy his hometown, invade his country of birth. In fact PRESS THE RED BUTTON NOW THE WORLD MUST END!!

SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!!!

Meanwhile. Back in the real world. A CM on a videogame forum who actually has ZERO input on game development posts on a thread designed to ask EVERYONE what their first mount. The internet was, of course, utterly outraged because it's the internet and that's what the internet does. Gets outraged over absolutely nothing.

Why don't you email Blizzard son and loudly demand the guy gets fired? Hand in your cv. I'm sure you would do a sterling job.

Thank you for the hyperbolic sarcastic bs remark, because those are always constructive and never escalate things.
Could you show us on the salt shaker which part the op touched? Because apparently salt is just pouring out now.

At least you could ****ing acknowledge the fact that you wont have any type of community or community management or communication when 80% of the playerbase is waiting for answers on how problems are going to get addressed, and instead CMs and GMs are blue posting in topics like your first mount, you played too much wow when and the rest of the nursery style posts created by 8 year olds.

Dont get me wrong, there is room and need for these posts too, but not during a time when the game is in a pit.
Druid and warrior tanks are in a ditch, you will find like 8 druid tanks in the top 500 mythic runs, crying is going on about it since bfa's beta and nobody has the time to drop at least a "we are aware of the issue" post.
There is a 300+ post mega thread on the us forums.
No reply
not
a
single
reply.
But the gms and cms are playing your first experience games on the forums.

If that wont hurt the community then nothing will and when you are done with pouring salt out of every each of your *****ing orifices and managed to get a hold of a little bit of rationality, you can go ahead and acknowledge that simple fact.

2-3 month old problems with masses of players behind them go ignored, but sure af lets just talk **** in joke threads.
If you cant figure out how that will just further increase toxicity, then im really sorry, i will back off, because apparently you do not posses the required intellectual capacity to figure out how any of these things are connected or interact with eachother.

That would be a start, but 3rd party is already doing that for you.

The only meaningful change would be to merge the forums, so at least we can interact with blue posters like we see on US forum on big important threads.

Take the azerite armour thread
Or my favourite the thread about how personal loot is unfair for shield wearers for example where Lore reacted
[quote="176231567739"]

The only meaningful change would be to merge the forums, so at least we can interact with blue posters like we see on US forum on big important threads.

Take the azerite armour thread
Or my favourite the thread about how personal loot is unfair for shield wearers for example where Lore reacted

Yeah it’d be neat to weigh in on a discussion with lore. I mean the guy has a tough job and i like how he comes across as both genuine and intelligent. Heck itd even be nice to hear about his days defending white-collar criminals.

But alas, here from the europe daycare forums we can onoy watch the u.s. And the devs have fun.

Atleast we got aery (who again, seems really nice) complaining aboutppl complaining about all the dopy pasting dome from the us forums. (That are in enlisg, and readable)

Tseric was right.

Sure, it’s a minority (a very loud one) but still, holy cow. How do you even manage to keep yourselves sane after a days work and still have the will to go to work the next day just to face this?
05/10/2018 13:39Posted by Yolandass
You know what i think,someone made an attempt to trigger a GM into doing something cause im not sure what he was referring to either tbh.
as i said this was not targeted at gms at all, i feel this way i wanted to know if other ppl feel the same or if its just me, i have no reason to try trigger them.
05/10/2018 14:42Posted by Léawyn
Well this is a change, normally I get accused of only copy & pasting. Now I'm getting accused of not copy & pasting.

EU Customers feel that they are constantly treated as less important than US customers. It doesn't help that Blizzard (Blizzard, not Aerythlea!) have done a very poor job of communicating with its' customers throughout the BFA alpha and beyond. Most of the information that gets posted here is copy/pasted from US forums; which gives the impression that the EU is not worth the time of the person in particular logging in and delivering the message themself.

There are common longstanding issues that customers want addressing; which sometimes could be soothed with a simple 'yes, we know it's a problem and it's on our radar'. A good example of this is the massive imbalance of population across realms; which caused great angst at launch. It was acknowledged in a previous Q&A IIRC, it was pre-Blizzcon 2017, since then it's been radio silence. -There are other issues like this -as I say; just a simple acknowledgement from Blizzards part would go a long way.

This needs to be addressed from the top down so maybe one day the CMs are free to interact with the boards instead of being set upon when they join in a lighthearted thread. I like to see the blue responses in such threads; but I understand the frustration.
very well said.
What you lads need to understand is the blue's are the person at the help desk that can share information and relay complaints, that's all they do. They can only relay information when the devs actually bother to hand it out, they're definitely held on a short leash comparatively to how they once were as well in my opinion.

That said, the devs need to engage the EU forums once in a blue moon instead of treating us like plague victims (read: the map of the world is not America with Here Be Dragons all around it) and the CMs need to stop going after low hanging fruit if they're going to respond to criticism.
Also i did not want to attack blues, if it seems like that i am sorry, i blame blizz for not allowing us to talk with devs or telling blues more so they can tell us, this whole system of communication between playerbase and blizz is really not good for such a big game and even bigger company, the fact that us and eu forums are separated and majority of discussion happens on us forums is a known fact, something should change as blizz seems more distant than ever.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762218001?page=17#post-325 for example i dont see this on eu, even tho its detailed breakdown and it assures players that blizz works on lock, if nothing. Also this was not the real point of the thread but followup idea. There is a lot of blue posts scattered across us forums which at least assure players that blizz still works on bfa, us was always more active forum and merging them is the only solution imo.

I think every1 who checks both forums knows that there is much more info on us side.

Again i did not want to offend you or trigger you, if i did i am sorry, i criticized blizz for their poor communication generally.

Thanks for your response, have a good day.