Crapforged - Let's fully embrace the RNG

General
Am I the only one who feels like the game is not Las Vegasy enough?

I mean I look at the mythic Uldir loot table and it's 385 baseline with a chance to forge to either 390 or 395. Where is the rush? Where is the randomness? Where is that crazy feeling you get when you put your monthly wage on a poker table?

I would like to introduce Crapforged, an extended version of the already existing WF/TF system but with additional benefits. You see, Crapforged would allow any gear drop to forge below it's baseline ilvl. You did a M+10? Good for you! Here is your crapforged 355 ilvl item. You are a mythic raider? Let's roll the dice and see what kind of gear you deserve for your time investment.

I think the time has come to completely remove any correlation between the difficulty of the content you are doing and the quality of gear you are rewarded for that. I mean, we are all paying costumers, obviously we should all have an equal shot for the best and also for the worst gear this game currently offers.

And if you ever feel like the game is not rewarding you enough, just keep your chin up and look for the next time you can spill your blood for your faction on the hills of Arathi Highlands and roll the dice again.

And don't forget! Content is content. Gear is gear. Nothing in this game exists on purpose, nothing belongs anywhere, everybody is going to quit. Come watch TV.
YES! Let's make this system what it was truly meant to be from the start.

Good system. I support this fully. Ajmage for Lead Design.
I get crapforge every time i open the chest and it gives me the only item for the only slot that wouldn't be an upgrade or i kill a world boss and for the 10th time i get AP or 30g.
better yet scale the raids to whatever ilvl was designed and let loot be only visual upgrades.

also they could add a 5 segment slot stop system where your skill and luck decides the forged level item and if you hit 5 of the same you get mythick looking skin so you can sit on the balcony of the great seal braging about your skillfull 5 forge from lfr. also yes normal to mythic is not needed anymore
How about you aren't even shown the gear. You have to guess what stats it has first. If you guess wrong, you lose it and get 30g instead. Better luck next time!
In addition, all gear would be just one massive loot table, and any activity one does, could award any item from there. +- 50 item levels of course.

Login? 0.01% chance for item.
Spam chat? 0.002% chance for item.
Stay logged in for 2 hours? Chance for an item.

etc.

Obviously raids could have slightly larger chance of dropping loot.

Honesty I intended this as a joke, but this is almost what the game is currently.
05/10/2018 13:37Posted by Trmon
In addition, all gear would be just one massive loot table, and any activity one does, could award any item from there. +- 50 item levels of course.

It would be completely fine with me if goats in Stormsong Valley would drop Uldir specific azerite gear. In this case at least you could target them.
Don't we have this already? Everytime you friends get a 385 titanforged and you get a 365, you have been crapforged.
I think it's a good idea, but maybe leave it out of Azerite Armor.
And also I'd make weapons crapforge only up to -10 as weapons are important part.
Otherwise I fully support it.
People complain about warforged and titanforge much the same way they did with legendaries and wish for them back now.

It's a random chance just to get you to REDO content, gets you revisiting areas to make the place alive. Because you won't do it willingly, they have to bait you with forging.

Instead of just doing something and you're done, dead one time content.
When you join a random dungeon you have a 50% chance to get kicked and get deserter.
When you kill a lfr boss you have a 50% chance to lose 1000 gold,if you dont have enough gold your character get deleted,pay 15 euro to restore it.
05/10/2018 12:44Posted by Ájmage
Am I the only one who feels like the game is not Las Vegasy enough?

I mean I look at the mythic Uldir loot table and it's 385 baseline with a chance to forge to either 390 or 395. Where is the rush? Where is the randomness? Where is that crazy feeling you get when you put your monthly wage on a poker table?

I would like to introduce Crapforged, an extended version of the already existing WF/TF system but with additional benefits. You see, Crapforged would allow any gear drop to forge below it's baseline ilvl. You did a M+10? Good for you! Here is your crapforged 355 ilvl item. You are a mythic raider? Let's roll the dice and see what kind of gear you deserve for your time investment.

I think the time has come to completely remove any correlation between the difficulty of the content you are doing and the quality of gear you are rewarded for that. I mean, we are all paying costumers, obviously we should all have an equal shot for the best and also for the worst gear this game currently offers.

And if you ever feel like the game is not rewarding you enough, just keep your chin up and look for the next time you can spill your blood for your faction on the hills of Arathi Highlands and roll the dice again.

And don't forget! Content is content. Gear is gear. Nothing in this game exists on purpose, nothing belongs anywhere, everybody is going to quit. Come watch TV.

Great Idea, but please apply it only to M+ :-)
05/10/2018 13:37Posted by Trmon
Obviously raids could have slightly larger chance of dropping loot.
0.3% chance is more than generous right ?

05/10/2018 18:20Posted by Sàbér
People complain about warforged and titanforge much the same way they did with legendaries and wish for them back now.
Only because specs were made clunky. The Legendary items made classes and specs fluid. They removed the legendaries, but forgot to account for what they did to a specs fluid play.
This is also tru for the Artifact weapon (and this is one I see a lot more wish they had back then legendary gear).
05/10/2018 18:09Posted by Raznys
I think it's a good idea, but maybe leave it out of Azerite Armor

Of course Azerite Armor would be excluded. They are perfect as they are. I wouldn't change a single thing about them.
on top of that add reroll tokens that allow you roll loot unlimited times that you can buy for real money
05/10/2018 18:20Posted by Sàbér

Thats because when people are tired of having sh.t for dinner, they would at least want to go back to their old dinner, sh.t with chocolate flavor!
My god! :-)
This tread made my night.
/respect
Please make crapforging availible while buying gear from vendors(Like reputation vendors) too.
Genius! May I recommend that you send your application to the links on the following page?

https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings
06/10/2018 14:27Posted by Willoras
Please make crapforging availible while buying gear from vendors(Like reputation vendors) too.

OMG you just gave me a thought. Why not expand this wonderful idea further and have the chance of losing rep with a faction too instead of gaining rep.
If you did a quest or WQ and it was wrong or too long or whatever you have a chance of -75 Rep.