We need remastered Version

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
02/10/2018 19:47Posted by Nizix
have already 5 private sever 100% bizzlike working perfectly 100% scripted

Damn, where have i been ... . I only saw private servers with a scripting level that ''got you through the game'' more or less, nvm the fact that every bit of NPC or quest RP or deeper Q mechanics were either completely missing or had the label ''made in china''...

100% scripting like in, the q in razorfen kraul where the tubers are just already spawned on the ground because the ''devs'' couldn't figure out how the hell blizzard made that quest ? :)

100% scripting like in the completely absent southshore assassin event ? :)

100% scripting like in even deadmines a starter instance not having the scripted patrols from behind ? :)

I could continue and you know where this leads so I just stop here. Private servers are a joke and they always have been. They're usable as pvp sandbox servers to some extent of quality but that's about it. PvE and mobs as a whole are mostly wrong and broken.
The client will be based on the BfA client, so it's highly unlikely to me that there won't be new graphics, or at least an option for it.

Edit: Also yeah, there are not pservers with 100% correct scripting and mechanics. No clue how you got that idea. I know some people think nostlike == blizzlike, but that's not the case.
OK srry I said that , while I'm fine with blizzard put subs on , like you said they will make the money. I already know the vanilla zones in and out, and would love to see them with update graphics, to see new taurens, and orcs like this one. Simply experience is gonna be the same. But if blizzard tough that graphics is not an important thing they would never change it. Its is a really important thing , and combine new graphics with vanilla gameplay and that type of slow gameplay it would be perfect game. That's my whole point.

But most of the people that cry for no changes have no idea what vanilla experience was. Graphics where not even in same sentence with " vanilla experience ". I simply don't get some people
02/10/2018 21:58Posted by Zerheilbert
The client will be based on the BfA client, so it's highly unlikely to me that there won't be new graphics, or at least an option for it.

should be definitely an option to enable it, or at least enable HD patch that most games have.
02/10/2018 21:23Posted by Laetesh
Sure, as long as it's optional. I don't want bfa graphics foisted on me. I want my vanilla to look like vanilla.
As long as it’s optional it can only be a good thing. It will increase the potential player base significantly and everybody will get to experience it with the visuals they prefer. Could even rival Retail in subs by hooking people with the graphics and making them stay for the gameplay.
02/10/2018 20:18Posted by Nizix

I play classic on daily basis do raids , and love It. I don't pay for it, its for fun there like every other game.

That's nice dear; meanwhile I don't pirate things. I even own all of my music on CDs.

You kids talking about this server, have no idea what is actually vanilla experience.

Alright then, lets assume that you're right, though I doubt you've ever been right about anything in your entire life. Why should I be denied the opportunity of seeing Classic as it was just because you've been playing on pirated versions for however many years?

You think its gonna be same now with all these websites that have info's about everything, and add-ons.

The game will be the same, the playerbase probably wont. That's utterly irrelevant in a topic about the game's graphics.

Even if you start to play it will be more tan causal. And if my guild name would be "Jesus Christ is here" , you would probably would love to join our guild, because obviously you're so stupid that you would look for Jesus in Guild.

What on earth are you talking about? You also might want to back down from calling people stupid, because it looks like my 2 year old nephew has more brains than you.

And probably your guild is LGBT members only. They love sparkling things.

Really, you're trying to insult me because my guild made solely for this character and a few friends; whose members haven't been online in years, is named Sparkle Squad?

You might actually be the most ridiculous person I have ever encountered. And lastly:

So instead of trying to be open-minded, you decided to be completely idiot with your answers

That sentence applies to you more than it does me.

You should really pick your fights better.

Also I told you not to say "hurr durrrr private servers durrr".
Guess what.

Not a friggin chance.
I wouldn't mind better graphics, but I wouldn't like new animations or models.

I want my undead and orc to feel ugly af.

The Hord it's not about beeing pretty, anyone that has rolled Hord in the past will want their ugly models.

You have lots of "pretty" races in the Aliance side, you can always rool Aliance if the Hord models bother you so much.

I play classic on daily basis do raids , and love It. I don't pay for it, its for fun there like every other game.

That's nice dear; meanwhile I don't pirate things. I even own all of my music on CDs.

It's hard to pirate something that isn't even available to buy anymore since over a decade. Also if you bought the game back then you aren't pirateing anything anyways.

I e.g. still have the CDs for vanilla up to LK, it's just that Blizzard isn't offering the service anymore, at least I don't consider retail WoW to be the same game anymore since cata.
02/10/2018 19:47Posted by Nizix
So people wanna play wow classic , but that's and old game already. Don't come me with !@#$ you want exactly everything same when you have already 5 private sever 100% bizzlike working perfectly 100% scripted. What wee need is a vanilla wow with new graphics , from today. Updated models, and gear, no hunch back orcs, or at least give us option to make them stand upright . But make me pay for something that's 13 year old when there is like I said 5 private servers 100% scripted and bizzlike I mean for real. If you make Remastered vanilla then absolutely yes. Same experience, same quests grinds, that's fine but new graphics. NEW GRAPHICS
It will already be a remaster. I wish they fixed Horde characters back too. Coz they look stupid with a broken back, except undead coz they are rotten.
03/10/2018 00:43Posted by Zerheilbert

It's hard to pirate something that isn't even available to buy anymore since over a decade.

Legally, that is still pirating.

Also if you bought the game back then you aren't pirateing anything anyways.

The people who create the private servers are still pirating. I have old games that my new computers will no longer play, such as cutthroats. If I were to download an emulated version of cutthroats that would play on my current PC, I'd still be pirating, dispite having my old discs. Morality is irrelevant.

I e.g. still have the CDs for vanilla up to LK, it's just that Blizzard isn't offering the service anymore, at least I don't consider retail WoW to be the same game anymore since cata.

I don't consider the games the same either; but I do consider playing on a private server to be pirating. All the more reason for me to look forward to an authentic Classic experience from Blizzard.
The people who create the private servers are still pirating. I have old games that my new computers will no longer play, such as cutthroats. If I were to download an emulated version of cutthroats that would play on my current PC, I'd still be pirating, dispite having my old discs. Morality is irrelevant.

That's not piracy, do you even know how pservers are made? It's not code stolen from blizzard. The only thing that is problematic is the texts that the server has to provide (quest texts, NPC names etc.), those aren't on the client and they belong to blizzard. But that's a legal gray area because it was never decided before court, and it also depends on the country. When making money out of it that's another case too.

But anyways, it's not piracy like downloading a cracked game.
Wonder how many people saying of better graphics thing bigger resolution? It's not like Vanilla quality ends at 240p. 1.12.1 handles 4k, ultrawide, ray-tracing, RTX 2080Ti quad NVLink... and it even has cookies... And if the leaked rumors are true - there will be original assets but some will offer an option to turn on some 4k textures and similar uplifts.
Topics like these makes me tired. We’ll see in less than a month which path blizzard took with graphics.

I compare wow classic with the nes, snes and upcoming PS mini classics. Re-releasing old popular games, still using old graphics. Worked out fine it seems. I don’t see people scream “Zelda Link to the Past is so ugly, give new graphic!!!”.
02/10/2018 21:21Posted by Nizix
well classic wow was Disney like models in low definition , now they are at least high definition . I'm talking about creatures, terrain, shadows, filtering. You are using right nigh high end pc, with good graphics right?

"Hey guys, I want vanilla but I don't want vanilla!"

No changes. BFA is waiting for you.
I already said somewhere else that I believe we are gonna get some kind of graphics update.

Remastered graphics and modern infrastructure (ie stability+security/anti cheat) are the two cards blizzard can play to improve the game and set it apart for the pserver offer without impacting the gameplay.

I agree with the OP.
I agree with you, OP. I made a topic about the subject: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17624382401?page=2#post-26

Ignore all of those purists and passive-agressive haters who spread negativity and act, as if it would ruin the game, if the modern graphics were an option. Some of those people were previously doubters that vanilla servers would ever be introduced because they believed that existence of vanilla servers would hurt them somehow on retail servers.

There will always be those people who will find something to hate and doubt and argue against. I think it's the same kind of individuals who are against improvements in the world like renewable energy and emission free cars. Don't feed their negativity.

I am almost certain that Blizzard will introduce modern graphics (read my topic for arguments) because it makes the most sense.
03/10/2018 00:01Posted by Miylee

You kids talking about this server, have no idea what is actually vanilla experience.

Alright then, lets assume that you're right, though I doubt you've ever been right about anything in your entire life. Why should I be denied the opportunity of seeing Classic as it was just because you've been playing on pirated versions for however many years?

You think its gonna be same now with all these websites that have info's about everything, and add-ons.

The game will be the same, the playerbase probably wont. That's utterly irrelevant in a topic about the game's graphics.

Even if you start to play it will be more tan causal. And if my guild name would be "Jesus Christ is here" , you would probably would love to join our guild, because obviously you're so stupid that you would look for Jesus in Guild.

What on earth are you talking about? You also might want to back down from calling people stupid, because it looks like my 2 year old nephew has more brains than you.

And probably your guild is LGBT members only. They love sparkling things.

Really, you're trying to insult me because my guild made solely for this character and a few friends; whose members haven't been online in years, is named Sparkle Squad?

You might actually be the most ridiculous person I have ever encountered. And lastly:

So instead of trying to be open-minded, you decided to be completely idiot with your answers

That sentence applies to you more than it does me.

You should really pick your fights better.

Reading your comments I figured out that you’re trying to act like a 40 year old woman with life experience, in fact you may be 40 year old but only experience you got is in Azeroth. Let me guess no career, if you have family and kids that’s probably with different partners since real life is a whole new level for you, and it’s hard to settle with one partner .

I call anybody stupid who doesn’t agree and judges other people’s opinion but doesn’t have valid argument about his opinion.

While I’m paying for several accounts ( but play 1 hour daily on only one while other two I send as. Gift to my brother and cousin ) , and currently there is no vanilla server that’s supporter by blizzard or cooperated only option is to play “ pirate”. But there is a huge difference between word pirate and private . I’m to lazy to explain you that difference but you can look it at google. While I’m not proud , at all, at my self playing video games , I enjoy having conversations with people on game forums how they take this game to personal simply because they became addicted to this game .

To answer as short as possible to your comment trying to act adult , I’ll answer it trough a advice :”Get a career , life and job . If you’re over 30 reduce gaming time to 1 hour daily. Have a nice life
03/10/2018 07:00Posted by Ishaldaranis
I agree with you, OP. I made a topic about the subject: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17624382401?page=2#post-26

Ignore all of those purists and passive-agressive haters who spread negativity and act, as if it would ruin the game, if the modern graphics were an option. Some of those people were previously doubters that vanilla servers would ever be introduced because they believed that existence of vanilla servers would hurt them somehow on retail servers.

There will always be those people who will find something to hate and doubt and argue against. I think it's the same kind of individuals who are against improvements in the world like renewable energy and emission free cars. Don't feed their negativity.

I am almost certain that Blizzard will introduce modern graphics (read my topic for arguments) because it makes the most sense.

Tha k you so much for this post that probably even those hater will understand.
Respect !!
02/10/2018 21:58Posted by Nizix
OK srry I said that , while I'm fine with blizzard put subs on , like you said they will make the money. I already know the vanilla zones in and out, and would love to see them with update graphics, to see new taurens, and orcs like this one. Simply experience is gonna be the same. But if blizzard tough that graphics is not an important thing they would never change it. Its is a really important thing , and combine new graphics with vanilla gameplay and that type of slow gameplay it would be perfect game. That's my whole point.

But most of the people that cry for no changes have no idea what vanilla experience was. Graphics where not even in same sentence with " vanilla experience ". I simply don't get some people

You can’t decide for others what should define “experience” for them. For me graphics are part of the experience.