So, Fury>Arms now in both PvP and PvE?

Warrior
Tried Fury today and kapwned so much harder in both PvP and PvE.

Kinda sad to see an iconic spec such as Arms being so trashy.
Lol
dont care for pvp, but in pve arms > fury by a large margin for me atleast.
Arms is still on top I'd say. I'm trash at both PvP and PvE on my warr but I prefer fury.

Looking at ladders arms still dominates. And Uldir seems to be built for arms. However I've noted that there's more fury warriors on the US ladder compared to EU on top.
With my current gear it seems fury outperforms arms in mythic+ on this weeks affix at least. In Uldir I'm still swapping spec per boss.
I was very happy with warrior state on pre-patch, arms was in the good spot, now overnerfed we once again are forced to go fury. Sad to admit but yes - fury is better in both pvp and pve.
Arms still performs super good in pve but when you start to get 360+ ilvl you can feel fury starts to outperform arms.

Also when your raid starts getting more and more gear, bosses die faster and execute phase is shorter so arms gets worse lol.

Im starting to slowly perform better with fury now than i did the first month of BFA

Got 385 and 370 weps, for fury and my gear is getting good

Before that arms was no doubt way ahead of fury it was not even a competition when you had the right arms azerite traits. - right now arms is only superior in pvp
oh the first time in the history of wow since who knows when fury can performe better than arms, and not only that fury is more fun than arms ? why shouldnt the fun spec be better
Both are viable atm. Uldir is a bit misleading because majority of bosses were designed in a way that allows you to have tons of aoe cleave and aoe burst and that's where arms shines (or Taloc's 35% fight in p2 lol). However if 8.1 SoZ bosses will be designed with single target in mind arms will fall off big time - but hey if it works it works. Fury scales way better with gear so while when I was 350 or 360 arms was destroying fury in both single target and aoe damage now the answer is not so clear. When it comes to m+ both specs have their moments. Bolstering and fortified seems to favor fury's steady high aoe dps that exists even without cooldowns. On weeks with affixes like teeming (next one) arms will be way ahead of fury since fury can only aoe cleave 5 targets at once.

When it comes to single target damage in m+ I'd say fury is slightly ahead but only slightly plus its rotation is way too clunky for me. My haste can easily exceed 100% with my 25% baseline, 25% enrage bonus and bloodlust/troll racial and that's when things start to get clunky. Sometimes my global cooldown seems to completely break and some of the commands I send to my character simply do not happen - ie if I generate rage for next rampage before the animation from the last rampage finishes my key input to cast next rampage simply doesn't go through. This happens way to often and only gets worse if you do some world quest/world boss on a high pop realm that gets laggy. Fury is more fun but clunky plus it has even less surv than Arms which sucks on weeks with skittish where I constantly overaggro.
08/10/2018 12:15Posted by Dalapie
oh the first time in the history of wow since who knows when fury can performe better than arms, and not only that fury is more fun than arms ? why shouldnt the fun spec be better

Legion maybe?
09/10/2018 23:03Posted by Vanhalisha
08/10/2018 12:15Posted by Dalapie

Legion maybe?
in legion all 3 specs were better :D wtf blizzard what are u doing
I have to disagree with most people in this thread saying Arms is weaker then Fury.
This is completely incorrect. Both specs are currently viable. Both have their Strengths and weaknesses. However in most uldir raid scenario's arms still outperforms fury by a tiny margin. But heavily on add heavy fights like zekvoz,Vectis and Zul.

If we have to back this up by data. You will see that of the majority of top parses are Arms instead of fury. Also the best Fury parses running with higher ilvl then Arms for example.

Bottomline Yes Fury will sim higher. But for current raid content (uldir) The arms kit & utility has my preference in Uldir. Due to the nice cooldown alignment with a lot of boss encounters.

However play what you like the difference is very minimal in terms of performance and dps.