Bring back Class-specific Elite sets

Arenas
21/10/2018 19:07Posted by Whisperer
I agree with Jito in this matter.
It's stupid to lock elite gear behind rating. At least when it becomes unobtainable.
called it! I told you Whisperer and Jito are related
I mean.. the current sets aren't complete at all, the boots on the elite set on worgens well.. just look at them lol.
21/10/2018 16:45Posted by Jito
No.

Just stop posting please,you are never getting your MVP back.

You always talk so much about whats the best for PvP , but man after facing you in bg this weekend...

I've never seen a more clueless player with zero awareness whats going on around you. Literally giving my cousin a cycling lesson with all that peddaling, soaking every kick there is in universe while panic pressing whatever cooldowns you have.

While i dont play much anymore since my specs are so boring and unfun. Stop trying to !@#$ it up even more for people who still care.
No.

Spending art resources to create unique-looking sets, which will only be acquired by very few players, and which has a limited time duration in which they can be acquired, is stupid. Repeating that process for every PvP season is idiotic, and it always has been.

If Blizzard has the art resources available to make a bunch of extra unique-looking sets, then they should apply them toward making Heritage Armor sets for all the races, because the appeal and availability of those is a lot higher than that of Elite PvP sets.

The day that PvP rewards don't just get thrown into the trashcan after each season, then maybe it makes sense to devote extra resources toward that area. But as it is, it's just a dumb way to allocate development resources.

"Yeah, let's spend a lot of time making sets that very few players will obtain. And then once those few players have obtained them, then we're going to delete them from the game so no one else can get them. Yeah, that sounds cool. And then once we've deleted them we'll start working on some new sets again which the same few players will obtain, even though they probably won't use them, because it's always cooler in PvP to wear the oldschool stuff.
Yeah that sounds like a great idea. Heritage Armor? Nah, who cares about that. Let's just keep making stuff for PvP that we delete immediately afterward, because that's so smart."

Hmm yeah.... I don't like Blizzard's approach to PvP rewards :P

You should be banned from Arena, Forum Jito. U do 0, I repeat 0 PvP 23000+ achievement points on Pve Stuff, srsly Get the f** out of Arena Forum, you are even more terrible than Holinka himself.
22/10/2018 02:38Posted by Accelero
getting that MVP is the only goal in life for some people :v

22/10/2018 07:16Posted by Dhen

Thread seems derailed, so I'll just address these, because that MVP thing keeps coming up again and again.

Last time someone became an MVP on the WoW EU-EN forums was 3.5 years ago.

Currently there are a handful active WoW MVPs - all relics of the past.

The other EU-EN forums: Diablo, StarCraft, Hearthstone, Overwatch, and Heroes of the Storm, do not have any MVPs associated with them anymore.

The MVP program for the EU-EN community is by all intents and purposes inactive and no longer maintained, and it's been that way for years.

So now that you're all caught up on the last 3.5 years we can move on, yes?
MVP on the EU-EN forums is not a thing anymore.
Continuing to bring up the topic of MVP is the equivalent of talking about VHS tapes. It's 3 letters from a past long gone. Leave it there.
22/10/2018 12:30Posted by Jito

Thread seems derailed, so I'll just address these, because that MVP thing keeps coming up again and again.

The other EU-EN forums: Diablo, StarCraft, Hearthstone, Overwatch, and Heroes of the Storm, do not have any MVPs associated with them anymore.

The MVP program for the EU-EN community is by all intents and purposes inactive and no longer maintained, and it's been that way for years.

Continuing to bring up the topic of MVP is the equivalent of talking about VHS tapes. It's 3 letters from a past long gone. Leave it there.

I am not surprised by that race :v
No.

Spending art resources to create unique-looking sets, which will only be acquired by very few players, and which has a limited time duration in which they can be acquired, is stupid. Repeating that process for every PvP season is idiotic, and it always has been.

If Blizzard has the art resources available to make a bunch of extra unique-looking sets, then they should apply them toward making Heritage Armor sets for all the races, because the appeal and availability of those is a lot higher than that of Elite PvP sets.

The day that PvP rewards don't just get thrown into the trashcan after each season, then maybe it makes sense to devote extra resources toward that area. But as it is, it's just a dumb way to allocate development resources.

"Yeah, let's spend a lot of time making sets that very few players will obtain. And then once those few players have obtained them, then we're going to delete them from the game so no one else can get them. Yeah, that sounds cool. And then once we've deleted them we'll start working on some new sets again which the same few players will obtain, even though they probably won't use them, because it's always cooler in PvP to wear the oldschool stuff.
Yeah that sounds like a great idea. Heritage Armor? Nah, who cares about that. Let's just keep making stuff for PvP that we delete immediately afterward, because that's so smart."

i always almost fall from my chair cringing at your posts in arena forum.

its not about the small percentage that gets them but a motivation boosts for all the people which are trying to get it too. Whole game is about get stuff that not everyone has. why do you mog tier 3 set? because it looks better since its unique compared to other things. if everyone would run around in tier3 way less people would mog it.

Arena is about prestige but how can a lfr roleplayer know that so maybe just stay out of arena forums.

the whole lazyness and svaing ressources will backlash in even lower arena participation. why should i even que on my paladin alt when i already unlocked the appearance on my warrior? :thinking:
22/10/2018 13:28Posted by Accelero
I am not surprised by that race :v

You'll have to elaborate, I'm not sure I understand.
22/10/2018 13:43Posted by Calek
its not about the small percentage that gets them but a motivation boosts for all the people which are trying to get it too.

I agree. But I think that Arena has plenty of motivation boosts in place to encourage players to climb the ladder, be it in the form of titles, set appearances, or fancy mounts. Addind more icing to the cake seems seems irresponsible in my opinion, given how that icing can be better used elsewhere, so to speak.
22/10/2018 13:43Posted by Calek
No.

i always almost fall from my chair cringing at your posts in arena forum.

its not about the small percentage that gets them but a motivation boosts for all the people which are trying to get it too. Whole game is about get stuff that not everyone has. why do you mog tier 3 set? because it looks better since its unique compared to other things. if everyone would run around in tier3 way less people would mog it.

Arena is about prestige but how can a lfr roleplayer know that so maybe just stay out of arena forums.

the whole lazyness and svaing ressources will backlash in even lower arena participation. why should i even que on my paladin alt when i already unlocked the appearance on my warrior? :thinking:

he's just salty he'll never get said sets because he's too 'good' for them :v
also that's the reason they nerfed spirit of conquest/glorious tyranny into looking like utter cancer in legion because pve apes were jealous they don't have such a nice-looking enchant :v
22/10/2018 12:30Posted by Jito

So what is it that makes you comment on everyone and everthing then? Lets be honest, you dont play Arena, you are not good at it WHEN you do. Still you come to these Forum and comment on things you have nö Clue about. Its like i will go to some mythic dungeon forum and spread my bull!@#$ there because i never did a mythic dungeon.

Im really just curious, what makes you post here?
Jito saying the 2k sets weren't an incentive.. the elite sets were the main reason I got into pvp in the first place.. how long have I come.
22/10/2018 13:53Posted by Blexz
Im really just curious, what makes you post here?

Didn't I answer this on the previous page? ^_-

But for the sake of curiosity...

I do actually play Arenas, both Rated and Skirmishes - especially Skirmishes.
I don't play a lot, because I don't have the time for it, and I'm not very good, because I don't have the inclination to try and improve a lot.

I don't think I have less enthusiasm for Arenas than most other people here. I just can't put 12 hours into it every day and try-hard my way to high ratings. I settle for an hour or two once a week or so, when I can squeeze it in somewhere between everything else I also want to do.
And then I watch streams and tournaments like everyone else, and all-together I think that's a fair commitment toward WoW Arenas. At least for me it is.

I would object to the notion that I talk about topics I have no clue about. It definitely happens that I make stupid posts or downright wrong statements. But a topic like this one is a fairly simple one.

Do you like the idea of Blizzard spending development resources to make new Elite PvP Sets, yes or no?
That's a fairly simple topic to have an opinion on, because everyone has a wishlist of things they'd like Blizzard to work on. That's not even a question of being a PvPer, let alone an Arena player. It's just a question of how high on your wishlist you've placed new Elite PvP Sets. For me they're placed fairly low on my list of wishes, for others they may be placed much higher. That's fine. Different people, different desires.
22/10/2018 14:16Posted by Dódgéchárgér
Jito saying the 2k sets weren't an incentive..

I don't think I said that.
Jito, how can you justify this wall of text of yours with the fact that very few people will get the 2k set? Utterly disgusting thinking, does it hurt to be this incompetent? It must be on purpose, nobody is this helplessly braindead.

Wake up call mate! You can LITERALLY have 50% winrate and still hit 2k if you just p l a y t h e g a m e.

If you can't even manage 50% wins, my attention starved friend, you know the problem isn't the rewards being to high; it's you. You're the voice of an absolutely terrible player that want stuff given to him on a silver plate instead of having to work for it.
22/10/2018 14:43Posted by Lìx
Wake up call mate! You can LITERALLY have 50% winrate and still hit 2k if you just p l a y t h e g a m e.

Be that as it may, but they're still only obtained by relatively few players, and they're still only obtainable for a relatively short period of time.

If you ask me, then any extra art resources Blizzard have avaliable are better spent on making Heritage Armor Sets as opposed to Elite PvP Sets.
The former is just something I'm more excited about than the latter.

And since that seems to be their current modus operandi, then I'm sort of quite okay with status quo.

But if you want to gather support for Blizzard making Elite PvP Sets instead of Heritage Armor Sets (or whatever else they spend their art resources on), then you can always float the idea on the General Discussion forum. I'm sure the non-PvPers would just love to have more Elite PvP Sets instead of that boring Heritage Armor they keep talking about....