- War (Arms)
- Sham (Enhance)
- Affli
most important thing for me are comps..
Arms: Turbo - TSG - WLS - MWX
Frost: RMX - Godcomp
Enhance: Turbo.
Affli: DotCleave - WLS - ShadowCleave
Those are the most viable comps for those classes, the problem that cant decide between class and comp, and dont have an idea about the 8.1 how it will goes and how it will be... Am intrested in priority by 3's then 2's..
They haven't released all the spec changes yet, so if you want to roll what you think is best you will have to wait.
Warr and mage is safe bet I would say, affli can be yolo and enhance might get nerfed or might not get nerfed.
Yeah probably war got the more comps and is a safe pick but what about the survavivility ? and what about shadow ? someone have some advice/idea about it ?
Warr survival is ok. It can die vs burst but defensive stance should keep you in the game and warrior is not main target vs 90% of comps.
Shadow is prolly gonna be awesome in 8.1. It's not really fun right now even tho it's op and it's getting a lot of changes and attention from Blizzard in 8.1 so it will probably be a pretty fun spec to play.
Mage is always top tier class no matter what cos the class never gets pruned like every other class. Mage is great for pvp,mythics and raids and never gets trashed like priest,dk,shaman,etc. These classes have rollercoaster history,except sp,it sux balls 90% of the time in both pvp and pve. So the safest bet to main all the time is mage imo. I envy ppl who enjoy mage since day one.i always tend to sh*ts like sp/dk/lock.
So true about mage , But seems like War got more comps right...? and the possibility to find ppl to play with in LFG is logically higher imo..
But yeah almost hesitating between war or Mage , both are 111 right now, I like both playstyle , and know that Turbo TSG ( in 8.1) and WLS will dominate i think, for mage.. Godcomp and RMX
Do yourself a favour and stay away from warlocks. The devs didn't give a sh*t for the whole first season. The only thing they had to do was giving us Demon Armor or some kind of melee dmg reduction after beta ended but instead they leave us suffering for 3-4 months doing nothing just joking about the class in tournaments and afking until 8.1.
All three specs are absolutely horribly designed for PvP and are heavily underperdorming.

Sure that might change a bit with the patch but what actually bothers me is the mindset, the awareness and the quality of warlock designers. It's just a bad joke.
Yeah I already understood that ^^
But now am hesitating between Arms and Frost Mage , can’t decide what’s more interesting in 3’s for 8.1
Bump
I just started Frost Mage - coming from Arms Warrior. It is totally different and the skill cap is 10x higher. Just be aware of that before re-rolling.

EDIT: though for sure it is hard to truely master an Arms Warrior as well.
Played both since and cata and legion, I just don’t want a boring class and looking for something very viable with a high skill cap between Frost and Arms , something viable with multiple interesting comp
27/10/2018 14:30Posted by Whicked
Do yourself a favour and stay away from warlocks. The devs didn't give a sh*t for the whole first season. The only thing they had to do was giving us Demon Armor or some kind of melee dmg reduction after beta ended but instead they leave us suffering for 3-4 months doing nothing just joking about the class in tournaments and afking until 8.1.
All three specs are absolutely horribly designed for PvP and are heavily underperdorming.

Sure that might change a bit with the patch but what actually bothers me is the mindset, the awareness and the quality of warlock designers. It's just a bad joke.

locks are more than fine especially vs caster comps.
Go fire mage

no nerfs for them in 8.1

EZ mode 2.2k , if your good and smart enough to find another goof Fire mage + healer thats an EZ mode Glad

i am leveling a mage now , lets all abuse the system
27/10/2018 21:42Posted by Zåraki
Yeah I already understood that ^^
But now am hesitating between Arms and Frost Mage , can’t decide what’s more interesting in 3’s for 8.1

Depends on your preferred playstyle more than anything. Personally i find mage in general more interesting than warrior in general, at least over the last few expansions but then i prefer ranged classes and specs overall.

I can't see either frost mage or arms warrior being bad with the 8.1 ptr changes so far, so try both out for a bit and see what you find more fun before then.
26/10/2018 22:54Posted by Daddyghoul
They haven't released all the spec changes yet, so if you want to roll what you think is best you will have to wait.

I don't know what it is with people.. Like, when there is beta or alpha. If a spec is way too overtuned, people are like It's not live yet, it's just beta!. Like that suddenly makes it okay. And if we don't speak about it, you can't be sure blizz will fix it before it goes live.

So, what does that have to do with this answer?

Well. First off. Blizz stated that 8.1 is mainly about DK-Priest-Shammy-Warlock and feral changes...

So... Yes?? They have released the changes? We're really only missing the DK changes and getting a notice if the new mass dispell will be released or not.

I still don't think warlocks will be strong in 3s, the changes are simply not enough if you ask me. Majority of comps, like Kittycleave, Turbo, Jungle and RMP will still roflestom warlocks. What I foresee for 8.1, is massive TSG representation comming back with the changes to DK self healing, survival and damage.

I think feral will make an apperance in more comps now with their changes and Shadow will defenetly be something you need to watch out for.

But since they're not really changing much else, not even the god forbidden snares from frost mage, I'd say all but the lock is a safe bet.

In terms of shaman. Both Ele and Enhancement is getting some changes. You'd migth want to research the changes if you're already familiair with how they work currently. :)

Happy rerolling. :)
Thanks Annieday, checked the changes already before posting , and still hesitating , am just worrying about the lack of comps for the class and the viability of the comps... that’s what am looking for with u all ppl with some advices and ur points of view
Affli is a very rewarding but easily punished spec right now. But you require inevitible demise traits x3, and probably will still in 8.1 with the trait change unless something better comes along.

I'd add that you're probably gonna have a hard time finding a team though unless warlocks get buffed/ptr changes turn out to be enough. If you haven't got friends willing to play with you, I'd roll something else.
Yeah like some warlocks told me better avoid the class...
I think am going to reroll Frost Mage or Arms War , can’t decide between those 2 specs
Arms is kinda straight forward and boring to play.