Instant logout

General
It's only a twenty second wait, why isn't it like exiting the game where you have an option to exit straight away rather than sitting there for 20 seconds.
Just click Exit now ? ...
27/10/2018 19:21Posted by Xakura

I'm talking about logging out, where you usually have to wait rather than having a logout now button, like exiting the game.
27/10/2018 19:23Posted by Skorez
27/10/2018 19:21Posted by Xakura

I'm talking about logging out, where you usually have to wait rather than having a logout now button, like exiting the game.

It would be pointless because your character would still be in the world meaning you would not be able to log a different one in for that 20 seconds. If logging a different character forced the first character to log out it would be abused in pvp which is why the 20 second timer exists in the first place.
It's called an orderly queue to keep the servers clean &
to make sure that you don't lose any of your precious stuff.
Go take a leak or smoke a blunt while that terrifying,
20 whole seconds ticks oh so very, very slowly by ...
27/10/2018 19:27Posted by Dommina
It would be pointless because your character would still be in the world meaning you would not be able to log a different one in for that 20 seconds
Actually if you DC and log back in fast enough you can log on another character before your first is logged off
27/10/2018 19:27Posted by Fluxache
It's called an orderly queue to keep the servers clean &
to make sure that you don't lose any of your precious stuff.
Go take a leak or smoke a blunt while that terrifying,
20 whole seconds ticks oh so very, very slowly by ...

we don't live in the netherlands, mkay?
There may be just a technical reason for it or maybe to avoid people to quickly logout when they see large numbers of enemy players coming for them :)
It's so you can't easily leave combat instantly when things go bad.

The "exit now" button when exiting the game just closes the game. Your character will still be online until the 20 seconds have passed.
28/10/2018 00:01Posted by Poly

The "exit now" button when exiting the game just closes the game. Your character will still be online until the 20 seconds have passed.

People do this anyway to escape being killed by me, not sure if it's doing alt f4 or just exit now but I can't hurt them or they just disappear in front of me.
28/10/2018 01:36Posted by Sidanis
28/10/2018 00:01Posted by Poly

People do this anyway to escape being killed by me, not sure if it's doing alt f4 or just exit now but I can't hurt them or they just disappear in front of me.

lmao
if i go inside a cave or a WQ full of filthy alliance i just apply to a random group in the zone
ain't got time to corpse run back