REMOVE GCD

General
Just do it. Nobody likes it. Why do blizzard even keeps in the game i will never understand. Its probably one of the worst changes ever made, after LFR of course.
GCD should be on some abilities as Legion, mists and WOD will prove as warrior and monk being the biggest offenders of having 1 shot macros where you just hammer one key to pop multiple items at the same time, current GCD however is a really eye sore on the game's combat for the most part or in my case I can tab out due to energy regen just out-right sucking eggs.
QQ I can't oneshot people in BG anymore, plz Blizzard fix my incompetence.
Worst change was removing haste.
Just shove haste into every gear. At the same time, you fix every class there is.
29/10/2018 13:24Posted by Marinkonk
Just do it. Nobody likes it.

It's not that I literally 'like' it, but I definitely don't mind it.

Why do blizzard even keeps in the game i will never understand.

It was in the game for a long time actually. Then they removed it. Now it's back.

Its probably one of the worst changes ever made, after LFR of course.

And you just lost any credibility you might have had with that remark.
Fat chance, the current class design is balanced around gcd so it will most likely stay until next expansion unless they decide to keep it
Really, how do you see playing without CGD?
With a one-button macro like this:
/cast tiger palm
/cast tiger palm
/cast tiger palm
/cast blackout kick
/cast tiger palm
/cast tiger palm
/cast tiger palm
/cast rising sun kick
..... repeat upto 256 bytes limit .....
29/10/2018 15:51Posted by Aibolit
Really, how do you see playing without CGD?
With a one-button macro like this:
/cast tiger palm
/cast tiger palm
/cast tiger palm
/cast blackout kick
/cast tiger palm
/cast tiger palm
/cast tiger palm
/cast rising sun kick
..... repeat upto 256 bytes limit .....

On the other note, animation for this macro would be glorious
And probably would shut down my game.
29/10/2018 13:34Posted by Ponytail
QQ I can't oneshot people in BG anymore, plz Blizzard fix my incompetence.
back off troll. From a prot warr pov, gcd on ignore pain makes no sense whatsoever. I dont pvp so i dont ,,oneshot,, ppl, nor do i have any desire to do so, but when you have defensive abilities locked by gcd then thats just too much.

It'd be interesting to know the logic behind ignore pain on gcd. Was it so op? So game breaking?
GCD should only ever be on the rotational abilities, in order to serve as a metronome for the pace of spells you use. It should never be on: offensive cooldowns, defensive cooldowns, immunities, racials, leaps, disengages, blinks. There is a reason the game has been moving in that direction for years before they decided to change it to dumb the game down to the lowest common denominator of scrubs who don't know they can combo some abilities which leads to them having worse results in both numerical performance and survivability.

The example Ion gave explaining this idiotic change (about you having to make a choice) is reminiscent of turn based combat of Pokemon Green, Red and Blue for Gameboy or HOMM for PC. Only in those games it made sense because combat there has been built around that.

If they truly wish to restrict the amount of cooldowns you can use at once, they can introduce a new system that would put your cooldowns into one category of spells (like in MoP when you had Active Mitigation as a spell type), and only one can be active at a time, so you have to stretch them separately. THAT would be more of a choice-making because you would have to think about which cooldown will you use at which particular part of the fight, for example Fetid Mythic - will I use cooldown x at pull, y at first mass and z at 2nd Corpuscles. You wouldn't be able to stack them, there would be CHOICE to be made and once again, there would be skill and experience in play as you would be better at utilizing your cooldowns as your comfortability with the fight grows.
Nop, suffer.
29/10/2018 15:44Posted by Shwosh
Fat chance, the current class design is balanced around gcd so it will most likely stay until next expansion unless they decide to keep it

Fun fact game was designed without it on tons of core abilities, like for example the whole CD kit of a paladin, and with it they are complete bust, both how they feel and how they function. If you think the GCD change has anything to with balance and was not just a straight up sloppy can of spilled paint over a already painted surface all i can tell you is go play a hpala. Enjoy or well, you wont, cause people die by spike damage in your GCD when poping cds.

Either way no point trying to convince someone that does not wanna see the objective reality of things. GCD change was slapped on a game that was designed and functioned without it, with the changes it broke tons of aspects of the game and the majority does not like it, fact.
if a shadow priest, one of the most (if not thee most) haste reliant spec managed to get used to it, you can too.
29/10/2018 16:39Posted by Môe
if a shadow priest, one of the most (if not thee most) haste reliant spec managed to get used to it, you can too.
how is haste even connected with the fact that a defensive ability gets gcd locked?
29/10/2018 17:45Posted by Crashandburn
how is haste even connected with the fact that a defensive ability gets gcd locked?

Because most people dont know what the GCD really is.
29/10/2018 17:45Posted by Crashandburn

Haste reduces GCD.

Why would anyone want to get used to a broken system? And no do not even try to say otherwise, it is glaring obvious this was not a though through change especially since this is a game built upon for years. You can not change the top if the bottom layer does not match. Simple.

This

Also I approve of your transmog. Windchannelers for life
It should, at the very MINIMUM, be off Defensive abilities.

Rapture on GCD is something that I'll never get used to. It's just awful.