REMOVE GCD

General
29/10/2018 18:31Posted by Someoneelse
29/10/2018 17:45Posted by Crashandburn
...how is haste even connected with the fact that a defensive ability gets gcd locked?

Because most people dont know what the GCD really is.
but its cool to whine about it :) lets be honest most of people have no clue anything changed since they were clicking their cds instead having it in macro or keybound. I would be really shocked if more then 5 percent of players noticed anything changed
We need GCD or else the whole game would be button mash and mega macros.
Do you mean get certain things off of it?
29/10/2018 19:03Posted by Wendymärvell
...how is haste even connected with the fact that a defensive ability gets gcd locked?

Haste reduces GCD.

While true the real issue is that there's one on X ability to begin with.
Remove GCD
Remove LFR
Undo the prune
Bring back honor, conquest, justice and valor vendos
Bring back tier sets but make them more interesting
Remove Titanforging
29/10/2018 13:34Posted by Ponytail
QQ I can't oneshot people in BG anymore, plz Blizzard fix my incompetence.

Im not playing pvp, i hate pvp.I hate how gcd is making every class slow.
29/10/2018 20:27Posted by Kattwilliams
Remove GCD
Remove LFR
Undo the prune
Bring back honor, conquest, justice and valor vendos
Bring back tier sets but make them more interesting
Remove Titanforging

Such elitism,. The only one that is likely to happen is tier sets.

GCD ensures no 1 button macros.

LFR is good for lowbies, and ensures that the resoureces spent on making raid content isnt just for the small minority doing normal+. IF it didnt exist, then there would be much fewer resources allocated to make raids. So you are sawing off the branch you are sitting on.

The prune was good, too many situational abilities.

Titanforging have its place. Get used to that you cant get total bis items anymore, and it encourages people to get into higher content. Dont be an elitist special snowflake.
29/10/2018 16:39Posted by Môe
if a shadow priest, one of the most (if not thee most) haste reliant spec managed to get used to it, you can too.
how is haste even connected with the fact that a defensive ability gets gcd locked?

because haste reduces cool-down, and just so you know.

29/10/2018 19:09Posted by Dramputation
29/10/2018 16:39Posted by Môe
if a shadow priest, one of the most (if not thee most) haste reliant spec managed to get used to it, you can too.

Why would anyone want to get used to a broken system? And no do not even try to say otherwise, it is glaring obvious this was not a though through change especially since this is a game built upon for years. You can not change the top of the bottom layer does not match. Simple.

I'm not saying i like it, in fact if it was up to me, i wouldn't even want this gcd. all I'm saying i managed to get used to it.

i just feel like complaining is a waste of time and if the game really bothers you this much idk why you're playing.

thats just my opinion :)
29/10/2018 19:25Posted by Solaris
It should, at the very MINIMUM, be off Defensive abilities.

Rapture on GCD is something that I'll never get used to. It's just awful.

agreed, Rupture on GCD is thee worst.
29/10/2018 16:06Posted by Crashandburn
From a prot warr pov, gcd on ignore pain makes no sense whatsoever.
They are removing the gcd on IP next patch. Plus they get a boost on their defenses.
GCD when popping cooldowns is awful. Nothing more annoying when tank got big hit, I pop wings, wait 1 gcd for shock, nvm, tank dead...
Speak for yourself. I like the GCD.

Aside from all the issues with macros the GCD fixes, it also slows down the pace of the game. That is a good thing.
I don't really like all the animation cancelling issues that plague the games not having GCD. It's counter intuitive and looks ugly. On the other hand, weaving autoattacks definitely increases dps a lot in some of them, so I'm on the fence.

Haste reduces GCD.
i knew that. Thats not the problem. The problem is i dont have ignore pain when i want it, because i just pressed shield slam, or devastate or thunderclap.

For the love of god, i need about 2 sec to set up defensives against a raid boss... 2 sec where i either lose agro or i die cause i cant hit it cause i need the bloody ignore pain to be up.

SO STOP SAYING HASTE REDUCES GCD, THATS NOT THE PROBLEM. OMG
I like it in a way, it prevents heavy burst damage instantly.
29/10/2018 13:34Posted by Ponytail
QQ I can't oneshot people in BG anymore, plz Blizzard fix my incompetence.

You do know the reason why players were/are able to oneshot people is because of the terrible class design and the removal of PvP vendors right? Not because there wasn't a GCD on our offensive abilities.

Instead of fixing the terrible class design and adding PvP vendors back they just made their own game even more boring.

GJ Blizz keep it up
30/10/2018 10:53Posted by Crashandburn
Haste reduces GCD.
i knew that. Thats not the problem. The problem is i dont have ignore pain when i want it, because i just pressed shield slam, or devastate or thunderclap.

For the love of god, i need about 2 sec to set up defensives against a raid boss... 2 sec where i either lose agro or i die cause i cant hit it cause i need the bloody ignore pain to be up.

isnt IP removed from gcd in 8.1 ? someone mentioned it earlier on the priest discord
30/10/2018 11:53Posted by Môe
30/10/2018 10:53Posted by Crashandburn
...i knew that. Thats not the problem. The problem is i dont have ignore pain when i want it, because i just pressed shield slam, or devastate or thunderclap.

isnt IP removed from gcd in 8.1 ? someone mentioned it earlier on the priest discord
it is. Should this make it like it never happend? Dont think so. A mistake is a mistake even if you said sorry.
30/10/2018 11:59Posted by Crashandburn
30/10/2018 11:53Posted by Môe

it is. Should this make it like it never happend? Dont think so. A mistake is a mistake even if you said sorry.

haha man chill with that passive aggressive, i am not saying you're wrong or anything, this is a thread and were just discussing this.
Make GCD a PvP feature and just let us PvE normally...
GCD is good. It prevents the game becoming a mindless macro spam, this is not Street Fighter or Tekken where you just smash all buttons together and hope for the best.