Drain Life 40k/s?

Arenas
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
10/11/2018 15:28Posted by Partial
Yes. he died from 70% before Shadowfury was over.

well if he had like 5 UA, Curse and was 70%, then I can see him dying in 2 seconds from Drain Life

He only got me, but im our only Kick, if we want to kill something ! I guess you will overlook that part again !

Your Spriest can literally stun him on every single Drain Life
every single
even if he needed to trinket (which i doubt)
and yes, if you get CCed, your Priest get CCed and your pally gets CCed and gets Drain Lifed, that forces Bubble
if it happens multiple times it will force trinket from you or your priest
or it will make him pop defensive cooldowns like wall
he shouldn't die ever to Drain Life, way too much CDs from your team to rotate through

very much l2p issue, probably you spend your CC and CDs randomly, when you don't have them ready for crucial things
Out of everything thats wrong with BFA, drain life is the least of your worries....

I'm not saying its weak, its very op. IF you let the warlock free-cast..... You can even see the stacks, its like a timer as to when he is gonna use his drain life.

I dont mind the drain life removed, but we need some serious defensive buffs in return (we need defensive buffs anyway)

Learn how to !@#$ing think forward.... Save cd's, position yourself properly, notice where his port/gateway is.

Basicly EVERY melee-cleave is gonna train lock to the ground, beacause they(locks) are like paper.
10/11/2018 16:00Posted by Barnemonster
Out of everything thats wrong with BFA, drain life is the least of your worries....

I'm not saying its weak, its very op. IF you let the warlock free-cast..... You can even see the stacks, its like a timer as to when he is gonna use his drain life.

I dont mind the drain life removed, but we need some serious defensive buffs in return (we need defensive buffs anyway)

Learn how to !@#$ing think forward.... Save cd's, position yourself properly, notice where his port/gateway is.

Basicly EVERY melee-cleave is gonna train lock to the ground, beacause they(locks) are like paper.

You didnt read anything i wrote at all...Sad....
I guess after reading through this thread something can be absurdly broken as long as you can stop it.

Fair logic.

Even my beloved Hippo facepalms at such logic.
29/10/2018 21:53Posted by Zeleik
BoP/Sac

Try again.

ehhh ok sir
10/11/2018 18:54Posted by Gorewolf
I guess after reading through this thread something can be absurdly broken as long as you can stop it.

Fair logic.

Even my beloved Hippo facepalms at such logic.

it's not broken if every class has more than one counterplay to it avialabel on short cd vs a compeltley predicatble dmg output.

I did facepalm on your facepalm and ended up facepalming my butt on your face
My drain does 100k a tick, waddup
is it just me who find this cringey as !@#$ where some 1.6 rated warlock mindlessly defends a broken trait and bad design of the class, at the same time trying to look smart and calling other people bad xd Just the fact that he suggested to counter drain life with explosive trap and said eazy at the end of the sentence made me laugh out loud irl. Just stop replying to the idiot and the natural selection will do the rest
10/11/2018 21:22Posted by Arraaka
is it just me who find this cringey as !@#$ where some 1.6 rated warlock mindlessly defends a broken trait and bad design of the class, at the same time trying to look smart and calling other people bad xd Just the fact that he suggested to counter drain life with explosive trap and said eazy at the end of the sentence made me laugh out loud irl. Just stop replying to the idiot and the natural selection will do the rest

The trait is stupidly broken, we can all agree that - the problem is warlocks are so !@#$ without it that it makes them mediocre at best

If you stop drain then the lock is useless, and any mong can stop it.

I laugh at people that can’t stop it but i still realise it’s op.
10/11/2018 21:22Posted by Arraaka

Well like i already said he also lacks reading and comprehension skills.

I had 2 options. 1) Kick the Shadowfury as the Lock was at about 70 stacks and let him free cast 4 seconds later or 2) Dont kick the Shadow fury and hope to interrupt him after that.

I choose 2 and the Pala died from 70% before i got out of the stun.

Our whole Kill setup is Incap>Horror>Silence. As we play with a WW we cant throw away the silence or we wont kill anything anyhow.

Its not beneficial for us to drag the game out and play the "dont die" game.

And what did he answer ?

"With what can lock free cast 4 seconds ?"

well if he had like 5 UA, Curse and was 70%, then I can see him dying in 2 seconds from Drain Life

Well he does not play alone ?

Also again another stupid comment. What am i supposed to do ?

You yourself said "keep your interrupt for when the lock has high stacks !". So how am i supposed to keep my interrupt for the drain if he has high stacks, while still interrupting his UAs of this example ?

Thats called between a rock and a hard place. You can only do either, but not both. Still you want to tell us "do both".
10/11/2018 15:52Posted by Whisperer
Yes. he died from 70% before Shadowfury was over.

He only got me, but im our only Kick, if we want to kill something ! I guess you will overlook that part again !

Your Spriest can literally stun him on every single Drain Life
every single
Not like this stun you are reffering to can be spell reflected..
Million ways to counter drain and predict it. L2P issue.
10/11/2018 22:55Posted by Зигулийх
Million ways to counter drain and predict it. L2P issue.

I just told you how the warlock can do it.
It's funny how everyone says what am I supposed to do and when someone tells you a possible answer "well the lock isn't alone" is the answer, guess what you aren't alone either.
The question isn't what you should do as a single player but what your team as a whole should do...

There might be combos you could play in 3s that can't interrupt a DL if the lock team commits several CD's to it (I don't have the motivation to make a list of all possible combos and their interrupts/stuns/cc that cancel out casts). If you find yourself in a situation in that you can't counter it and you didn't make any mistakes as a team, that's stupid. The whole trait is stupid and should be removed.

That doesn't change that in well above 90% of the time if you get killed by a DL you did something wrong. It's predictable, it's timegated, you can counter it in several ways.
The above average IQ warlocks will usually attempt to cross cc whoever in the team can dispel and then pop a reflect and then go for the drain, hopefully just at the edge of a LoS so the opponent might panick & attempt to run to cover and then LoS his/her healer unintentionally and die in 1-2 seconds.

Basically even good locks can get 1-3 ticks off before you can interrupt it. That's already minimum 80 to 120k dmg.
10/11/2018 22:37Posted by Bloodlock

Not like Priest who I am reffering to was unable to purge the reflect...

as I said
he can stun every single cast of Drain Life
Every. Single. One.

11/11/2018 14:13Posted by Fleecee
It's funny how everyone says what am I supposed to do and when someone tells you a possible answer "well the lock isn't alone" is the answer, guess what you aren't alone either.

Yes, but what if they wasted their cooldowns for no reason before the match started just for fun and then his two partners went afk and he hasn't bound his CC or kick on action bar?
He can then die.
That's clear evidence of Lock being broken and requiring massive nerf.
11/11/2018 16:07Posted by Whisperer
10/11/2018 22:37Posted by Bloodlock

Not like Priest who I am reffering to was unable to purge the reflect...

as I said
he can stun every single cast of Drain Life
Every. Single. One.

11/11/2018 14:13Posted by Fleecee

Yes, but what if they wasted their cooldowns for no reason before the match started just for fun and then his two partners went afk and he hasn't bound his CC or kick on action bar?
He can then die.
That's clear evidence of Lock being broken and requiring massive nerf.

To be fair, nobody asked for lock nerfs, they just want a stupid azerit trait to be gone. That they can't remove the only viable trait for affliction without compensation unless they want to affliction from arena entirely is different thing
11/11/2018 16:18Posted by Fleecee
To be fair, nobody asked for lock nerfs, they just want a stupid azerit trait to be gone.

That's lock nerf.
If anything they should buff Drain Life so Whisperer can finally break some meaningful rating on his lock.
11/11/2018 16:20Posted by Whisperer
11/11/2018 16:18Posted by Fleecee
To be fair, nobody asked for lock nerfs, they just want a stupid azerit trait to be gone.

That's lock nerf.

No that's quoting only the part of the message that is convenient for you.