Drain Life 40k/s?

Arenas
Prev 1 4 5 6
11/11/2018 16:50Posted by Gorewolf
If anything they should buff Drain Life so Whisperer can finally break some meaningful rating on his lock.

Funny, but I do not play Warlock.
11/11/2018 14:13Posted by Fleecee
It's funny how everyone says what am I supposed to do and when someone tells you a possible answer "well the lock isn't alone" is the answer, guess what you aren't alone either.

I listed our whole kill Setup. The only thing that is left is our Hoj that goes on the kill or off target, depending on the situation.

I spoke from my point of view of a WW SPriest and HPala. I know that I'm a liability in this comp. We cant drag the game out against SPriest Affli RShaman. Not with the damage a WW does.

"Not dying" is the same as losing. We wont win the dampening game with a WW and a HPala against a RShaman.

The question isn't what you should do as a single player but what your team as a whole should do...

Well answered that in my 1st post as well as above. We have no resources for this without losing anyway.

There might be combos you could play in 3s that can't interrupt a DL if the lock team commits several CD's to it (I don't have the motivation to make a list of all possible combos and their interrupts/stuns/cc that cancel out casts).

Here i guess you mean "can" instead of "can't". Well if not we are such a comp, we cant commit to it. With a RShaman, he could.

We have Hoj, Legsweep, Inca, Horror and Silence. We have Fear but no way a Team of former Blizzcon winner and #1 will ever let the Shadow fear the RShaman.

That doesn't change that in well above 90% of the time if you get killed by a DL you did something wrong. It's predictable, it's timegated, you can counter it in several ways.

Even sounding like a broken record.

I told you both options we had and which i took. The other would prolly have been even worse.

I was only told from my Mate that the Lock was a former Blizzcon Winner. I could look it up, but it does not change anything for me.

He picked Shadowfury exactly knowing that i/we cant do anything against him. He allowed himself to cast the DL against us, without us having any possibly to do anything against it, without throwing the game away anyway.
Every time I queue arena on my lock and 100-0 someone in 2-3 ticks, I come here to see if anyones crying about it or got a VoD of it.

It amuses me because it is so easy to prevent, until you get outplayed and it becomes impossible for you to prevent it. And then you die. And the other guy stands still targeting you /spitting at you.

Just remember, every time you die to this and you feel like there was nothing you could do? That's how warlocks feel every game against the mongo melee meta
11/11/2018 18:10Posted by Partial
It's funny how everyone says what am I supposed to do and when someone tells you a possible answer "well the lock isn't alone" is the answer, guess what you aren't alone either.

I listed our whole kill Setup. The only thing that is left is our Hoj that goes on the kill or off target, depending on the situation.

I spoke from my point of view of a WW SPriest and HPala. I know that I'm a liability in this comp. We cant drag the game out against SPriest Affli RShaman. Not with the damage a WW does.

"Not dying" is the same as losing. We wont win the dampening game with a WW and a HPala against a RShaman.

The question isn't what you should do as a single player but what your team as a whole should do...

Well answered that in my 1st post as well as above. We have no resources for this without losing anyway.

There might be combos you could play in 3s that can't interrupt a DL if the lock team commits several CD's to it (I don't have the motivation to make a list of all possible combos and their interrupts/stuns/cc that cancel out casts).

Here i guess you mean "can" instead of "can't". Well if not we are such a comp, we cant commit to it. With a RShaman, he could.

We have Hoj, Legsweep, Inca, Horror and Silence. We have Fear but no way a Team of former Blizzcon winner and #1 will ever let the Shadow fear the RShaman.

That doesn't change that in well above 90% of the time if you get killed by a DL you did something wrong. It's predictable, it's timegated, you can counter it in several ways.

Even sounding like a broken record.

I told you both options we had and which i took. The other would prolly have been even worse.

I was only told from my Mate that the Lock was a former Blizzcon Winner. I could look it up, but it does not change anything for me.

He picked Shadowfury exactly knowing that i/we cant do anything against him. He allowed himself to cast the DL against us, without us having any possibly to do anything against it, without throwing the game away anyway.

I meant what I wrote, your team is a good example of it, you have a physical interrupt, a physical stun, a magical interrupt/silence, a magical stun, ae fear, blinding light (and yes I'm aware that some of these are talent choices so might not be picked). So if the enemy team commits to the DL and lock uses wall offensive he is immune to interrupts can still be stunned, if he uses reflect as well, can still be stunned, get's bop, can still be cc'ed via ae fear or blinding light. Your shadow can still stand max range from you and you towards him so that the lock isn't between him and you and he grips you. The DL channel breaks if target is out of range. Even while you are stunned and can't run further away those 41-43 yards are enough to break it.
You could use your karma right before the shadowfury cast ends, which is basically the same as a standard skill everyone expects from rogues via feint all the time (granted it's a much longer cd than feint but still better than dying no?), the stun is a cast instead of an instant which makes it really really easy. And you act like there is nothing you could do.

If the enemy team get's your pala into cc, your priest into cc and you into cc at the same time they deserve to win, cause something went terribly wrong on your part then. At that point you'd die vs an enhancer or rogue or whatever class with burst damage, why would lock be different? Meanwhile you can't counter damage mode of enhancer and granted everyone is in cc like you claimed nobody could counter vendetta either. On top of that, those 2 examples I picked don't rely on a track-able buff, they aren't predictable and both of their bursts don't end if you interrupt a channel cast, both can move at the time...

Dragging out the game doesn't work for you, but dying in a DL since you refuse to delay your kill setup by whatever the CD you just used to survive is seems to be a lot better :)

And I'll say it again, I don't like DL either and refuse to use it in arena myself, I have only 2 pieces one being 315 ilvl, cause it's somewhat convenient while doing WQ's
Cant believe some people are defending this lock trait lol!
If the warlock is good, he will always be able to get drain life off - especially in 2s.
Fear dps. let him kick you. fear again to get the dispel, then shadowfury drainlife.
Then you forced either trinket or get a kill. If he trinketed - repeat and kill next go.
Hard life
11/11/2018 19:34Posted by Wifeswap
If the warlock is good, he will always be able to get drain life off - especially in 2s.
Fear dps. let him kick you. fear again to get the dispel, then shadowfury drainlife.
Then you forced either trinket or get a kill. If he trinketed - repeat and kill next go.
Hard life

Did you know locks have no slow? If we're talking about 2s now, any class besides maybe a shadow priest can avoid shadowfury unless the warlock predicts where you're going to walk/dodge to. If he uses dark soul to get it faster that's a dead give away that it's coming and you should use some cooldown and run for its duration. Not hard since locks can't chase..

But yeah, if the warlock is better than you, he will always get the drain off. There's always a way, just need to create the perfect setup, and for that yall gotta make a mistake for us.

Edit: I like how you said "if the Warlocks good blah blah blah." So it is how it should be and playing well is rewarded? What point are you even trying to make?
Hard life

what class are you even playing? you're playing 2s and your only cc as a team of is a one single kick?????? You can't line when out of cd a guy witha gigantic buff screaming "im going to burst huehuehu", the guy with less mobilityt in the entire fackin game?
what is this thread?

is this a charity run? are we supposed to give money to people complaining about locks so you get new wheels for your broken chair so you can go outside and do Something else than wow?
Ofc locks are acting like getting a couple ticks of requires a degree in rocket science.

It's not that hard. The stacks don't drop off, you can litterly sit on them till you get an opening. Especially as just a couple ticks are already enough to kill somebody.

And even if you don't get an opening you are forcing the enemy to save all their kicks/stun for it.

Yeah they fall over in this melee meta, but that doesn't justify this stupid trait.
12/11/2018 07:15Posted by Rychi
Ofc locks are acting like getting a couple ticks of requires a degree in rocket science.

It's not that hard. The stacks don't drop off, you can litterly sit on them till you get an opening. Especially as just a couple ticks are already enough to kill somebody.

And even if you don't get an opening you are forcing the enemy to save all their kicks/stun for it.

Yeah they fall over in this melee meta, but that doesn't justify this stupid trait.

Vs certain classes and stupid people, it is not hard to get a couple ticks off.

Stacks can drop off if you line the warlock and dispel his corruptions. Corruption has to do damage to stack, so if the damage is absorbed by a shield or whatever it doesn't stack.

And so what if we are forcing you to hold some cooldowns for it. When else would you have to use them? For that insane warlock spread pressure? You're a few expansions too late with that excuse.

The only time most teams have to use a defensive against anything other than the drain life is because they massively messed up something, or because they used the defensive offensively trying to mongo down a warlock.

This is all regarding 2v2, in 3v3 everything is much tougher for a warlock because there are more abilities you have to play around while trying to survive two mongos tunneling you
Especially as just a couple ticks are already enough to kill somebody.

If you are full health and all he uses is Drain Life it's not even enough to kill you if you are getting healed at least a little bit.
So no, couple ticks don't kill you.

Unless you're at 20% or something, then yes, couple ticks might kill you.

All their stuns and kicks?
All?

Did you realize that you have to disrupt it once?
So saving one stun / kick is perfectly fine.

where are these clueless people coming from...
11/11/2018 20:39Posted by Calpiggles
Hard life

Did you know locks have no slow? If we're talking about 2s now, any class besides maybe a shadow priest can avoid shadowfury unless the warlock predicts where you're going to walk/dodge to. If he uses dark soul to get it faster that's a dead give away that it's coming and you should use some cooldown and run for its duration. Not hard since locks can't chase..

But yeah, if the warlock is better than you, he will always get the drain off. There's always a way, just need to create the perfect setup, and for that yall gotta make a mistake for us.

Edit: I like how you said "if the Warlocks good blah blah blah." So it is how it should be and playing well is rewarded? What point are you even trying to make?

My points is... 40k ticks is too much. Nobody should defend and say this ability is "okay"
Yes, they lack spells overall, but this doesnt compensate for 3 seconds to kill an enemy.
Don't try to defend it because YOU play warlock. Try looking at the other point of view.
Edit: Let me try to tell you in another way. Warlocks are not OP.. the spell is.
Try getting a tick off vs a good demo/rsham or a good DH team.
12/11/2018 12:06Posted by Wifeswap
My points is... 40k ticks is too much. Nobody should defend and say this ability is "okay"

well Unstable can tick for a lot too if you have 5 of them
simple tick of Drain Life without supporting it with at least 3 other spells don't do 40k even at 100 stacks to mediocre geared player

Yes, they lack spells overall, but this doesnt compensate for 3 seconds to kill an enemy.

Now you are actually using equivocation fallacy.
There are factors under which person did 40k dps. Some of those factors can contradict your argument.

You assume person have 40k dps. But for all we know we can't be certain that those 40k dps weren't dealt to player above 120k HP, thus we cannot know whether it actually kills in 3 seconds based on arguments we were given.

(I don't think so.)

Don't try to defend it because YOU play warlock. Try looking at the other point of view.

Maybe try looking at evidence first. Doing 40k DPS? To what? With what? How? How much HP did enemy have? Was it stoppable? How hard is it to stop it?

You assume multiple wrong stuff:
-Scaling doesn't exist
-Warlock did do damage only through Drain Life
-It's easy to pull off and hard to stop

all of which I consider wrong
12/11/2018 12:14Posted by Whisperer

well Unstable can tick for a lot too if you have 5 of them
simple tick of Drain Life without supporting it with at least 3 other spells don't do 40k even at 100 stacks to mediocre geared player

Now you are actually using equivocation fallacy.
There are factors under which person did 40k dps. Some of those factors can contradict your argument.

You assume person have 40k dps. But for all we know we can't be certain that those 40k dps weren't dealt to player above 120k HP, thus we cannot know whether it actually kills in 3 seconds based on arguments we were given.

(I don't think so.)

Maybe try looking at evidence first. Doing 40k DPS? To what? With what? How? How much HP did enemy have? Was it stoppable? How hard is it to stop it?

You assume multiple wrong stuff:
-Scaling doesn't exist
-Warlock did do damage only through Drain Life
-It's easy to pull off and hard to stop

all of which I consider wrong
'
I had a case vs a lock. He gated and started to cast drain life. I went from 100-0 before I had a chance to reach him.. No dots on me, no nothing. That speaks for itself..
If this was any other class than yours, you would be the fcking first to start a whine post about it.
I didnt read what you said, cos I do not care. You cannot change my mind
12/11/2018 10:43Posted by Whisperer
Especially as just a couple ticks are already enough to kill somebody.

If you are full health and all he uses is Drain Life it's not even enough to kill you if you are getting healed at least a little bit.
So no, couple ticks don't kill you.

Unless you're at 20% or something, then yes, couple ticks might kill you.

All their stuns and kicks?
All?

Did you realize that you have to disrupt it once?
So saving one stun / kick is perfectly fine.

where are these clueless people coming from...

You mean how clueless you are? 3 370 iLvL drain life traits adds 270k extra damage, ignoring crits/versatility (which brings it above 300k). Even with some stacking diminishing return, that's more than enough to kill somebody. Even when they get some healing (I died in 2 seconds from 95% health with cocoon on me once)

And yeah let's save one kick for it. Ow he used his wall so he cant be interrupted. Unlucky. Or ow the target with the stun/kick is cced. unlucky.

You need to save most if not all instant cast interrupt effects not because you only need 1, but because you need to be 100% sure you can interrupt it. The lock isn't alone you know. Cross CC, or even a Bop effect can neglect the stun/kick you saved.

It's not hard to get off with good team coordination.

It's a stupid trait that should get nerfed into oblivion. Everyone except warlocks agree on that. But I guess because the rest of the spec has issues they should keep something that's completely broken.

Can't wait for frost Dks to get a trait that randomly one shots people then.
12/11/2018 12:47Posted by Wifeswap
If this was any other class than yours, you would be the fcking first to start a whine post about it.

it's different class than mine
I play Rsham

12/11/2018 12:47Posted by Wifeswap
I didnt read what you said, cos I do not care. You cannot change my mind

res ipsa loquitur
11/11/2018 19:00Posted by Fleecee
I meant what I wrote, your team is a good example of it, you have a physical interrupt, a physical stun, a magical interrupt/silence, a magical stun, ae fear, blinding light (and yes I'm aware that some of these are talent choices so might not be picked). So if the enemy team commits to the DL and lock uses wall offensive he is immune to interrupts can still be stunned, if he uses reflect as well, can still be stunned, get's bop, can still be cc'ed via ae fear or blinding light. Your shadow can still stand max range from you and you towards him so that the lock isn't between him and you and he grips you.

You didnt read anything at all.

Our kill setup is Legsweep on the Kill target while Incap>Horror>Silence on the Healer.

We cant give up anything of this or we dont have enough damage. We play with a !@#$ing WW. Not to mention Legseep on 60 seconds will help you sooooo often against this ?!

Also again not dying against this comp is the same as losing. We wont make it with a WW and a HPala against a Rot comp to dampening and we wont kill if we dont use every CC in that Setup on the healer.

What has Grip to do with the way to CC ?

Everything you listed of us he can ALSO play around, but that is not in your post at all.
12/11/2018 18:06Posted by Partial
Not to mention Legseep on 60 seconds will help you sooooo often against this ?!

Our kill setup is Legsweep on the Kill target while Incap>Horror>Silence on the Healer.

We cant give up anything of this or we dont have enough damage.

well few seconds ago it was problem when Warlock uses his defensives offensively and now you cannot kill Warlock without him having any defensive cooldowns over 3 minutes?

that's probably you having serious issues with dealing damage, Warlock is one of squishiest classes in game as of now, if he doesn't use Resolve, simply save Silence for him instead of healer
if he uses resolve, then simply save kick for it when he's got enough stacks...
easy af
impossible to lose unless you mess up greatly with your comp

there are comps that can have it much harder to win, but your comp is the one that's basically having all warlock comps as free rating
11/11/2018 19:00Posted by Fleecee
I meant what I wrote, your team is a good example of it, you have a physical interrupt, a physical stun, a magical interrupt/silence, a magical stun, ae fear, blinding light (and yes I'm aware that some of these are talent choices so might not be picked). So if the enemy team commits to the DL and lock uses wall offensive he is immune to interrupts can still be stunned, if he uses reflect as well, can still be stunned, get's bop, can still be cc'ed via ae fear or blinding light. Your shadow can still stand max range from you and you towards him so that the lock isn't between him and you and he grips you.

You didnt read anything at all.

We cant give up anything of this or we dont have enough damage. We play with a !@#$ing WW. Not to mention Legseep on 60 seconds will help you sooooo often against this ?!

Also again not dying against this comp is the same as losing. We wont make it with a WW and a HPala against a Rot comp to dampening and we wont kill if we dont use every CC in that Setup on the healer.

What has Grip to do with the way to CC ?

Everything you listed of us he can ALSO play around, but that is not in your post at all.

Nope, you didn't read anything at all.

I don't care for your kill setup, you complained that you die because you can't stop the DL, I said that dying seems to be better than delaying your go by using one element of your kill setup to counter it and do your go amount of x seconds later instead of dying to DL. In this case you say legsweep and 60 seconds CD, which just means you do your go 60 seconds later, 60 seconds in which the lock does no damage at all literally. It's not enough time to get stacks back to a meaningful amount too, so it's not a never-ending cycle for you either.

He can play around all of the things I mentioned is interesting, how do you counter someone getting out of your range of a channeled cast to interrupt it? I like to learn.
I'm just gonna say the hardest games I've had to get this off has been against things like a warrior holding his stun or his fear for my drain life. You just don't need this stuff to be able to kill a warlock. This kind of situation it prevents the warrior from being a kill target because if I go for it in his line of sight he can prevent it every time.

Anyway this trait is already being tweaked to remove the hard one shot capabilities of it in 8.1 why is this thread even still a thing. That got announced like a month or so ago I swear.