8.1 Spoilers: Lost Honor cinematic

Argent Dawn
Prev 1 9 10 11
04/11/2018 16:19Posted by Taxania
A lot of your arguments, and even the fact that you changed from the Horde to the Alliance, make it seem like you're angrier with the Horde for having gone down this dark path than you are with Blizzard for having written them into this awful direction.

I mean... The Horde isn't real. I am directing my displeasure at the elements of Blizzard's story that I don't like. I think you and Pullo are misunderstanding that as me thinking the Horde has agency of its own beyond what Blizzard assigns to it.

I mean yeah ultimately this is the story team's fault, sure. But isn't that too unspecific?
04/11/2018 16:26Posted by Chíeun
I am directing my displeasure at the elements of Blizzard's story that I don't like.

Why not direct your displeasure at the writers of Blizzard's story team for the elements of Blizzard's story that you don't like?

That seems a little more constructive than directing your displeasure for bad writing at the bad writing itself.
04/11/2018 15:14Posted by Moody
04/11/2018 14:31Posted by Chíeun
I mean yeah I was 110% Horde until BFA. I literally did not touch Alliance.

Seeing something I am passionate about slipping away does make me sad.

And you think this is the fault of the fictional character Sylvanas, rather than the story development team of Blizzard?

ye i was so super mad at the player of Brigante when he manabombed redridge, reeeeee
04/11/2018 16:39Posted by Taxania
04/11/2018 16:26Posted by Chíeun
I am directing my displeasure at the elements of Blizzard's story that I don't like.

Why not direct your displeasure at the writers of Blizzard's story team for the elements of Blizzard's story that you don't like?

That seems a little more constructive than directing your displeasure for bad writing at the bad writing itself.

Again, I think you are conflating me expressing what I am displeased about specifically with sending complaints to a fictional element.
04/11/2018 16:55Posted by Chíeun
Again, I think you are conflating me expressing what I am displeased about specifically with sending complaints to a fictional element.

That might be because that's what it comes across as.
04/11/2018 17:05Posted by Taxania

...I had hoped it would be obvious that it wasn't the case. You know, for the sake of sanity. I don't usually sit and argue with a book I am reading.

And it feels a bit odd to spend the last two pages having to explain something like that.
04/11/2018 17:05Posted by Taxania

Speak for yourself...

Seems to me like that is what she is doing. Who do you think is more likely to read these forums; Blizzard or Sylvanas? :P
04/11/2018 17:38Posted by Aneerah

Seems to me like that is what she is doing. Who do you think is more likely to read these forums; Blizzard or Sylvanas? :P

Sylvanas, thats why people got diablo immortal
04/11/2018 18:08Posted by Hallwell

Sylvanas, thats why people got diablo immortal

You've got a mobile phone, right?

Well, in a universe with infinite possibilities... I'd say it's a tie.
Who do you think is more likely to read these forums; Blizzard or Sylvanas? :P

Imagine Sylvanas as a forum-mod.

Forumgoër: "You can't ban all of us!"

Sylvanas looks over to the forums that are still filled with active users, then looks back to the banned person

"Can't I?"
03/11/2018 16:19Posted by Rangoor
Funny thing is, Sylvanas herself had a chance to cut the head off one of the more dangerous groups currently in the Alliance, the Void Elves, in the Three Sisters comic.

She also decided to throw ruthless pragmatism to the side however and let Alleria walk off freely, yet she never seems to get shat on for her choice. Why is that?

You know, I don't read WoW books or out of game stuff except wowpedia, but the more I hear about the books, the more I don't like WoW lore. Every time, almost without fail.
05/11/2018 16:08Posted by Desartin
Who do you think is more likely to read these forums; Blizzard or Sylvanas? :P

Imagine Sylvanas as a forum-mod.

Forumgoër: "You can't ban all of us!"

Sylvanas looks over to the forums that are still filled with active users, then looks back to the banned person

"Can't I?"

Probably how Tseric felt before his break down.
05/11/2018 16:14Posted by Eranthir
03/11/2018 16:19Posted by Rangoor
Funny thing is, Sylvanas herself had a chance to cut the head off one of the more dangerous groups currently in the Alliance, the Void Elves, in the Three Sisters comic.

She also decided to throw ruthless pragmatism to the side however and let Alleria walk off freely, yet she never seems to get shat on for her choice. Why is that?

You know, I don't read WoW books or out of game stuff except wowpedia, but the more I hear about the books, the more I don't like WoW lore. Every time, almost without fail.

powerful posting

Two reasons at a guess:
a) because they're related giving her some understandable leeway. Anduin and Saurfang...aren't. In fact I don't think they exchanged any words at all prior to the Battle for Lordaeron.

and b) Because Sylv's plan was to bring Alleria into the fold of the Horde/Forsaken which she put on hold. She didn't let Alleria go with the plan that Alleria would then kill Saurfang for her.

Her not killing Alleria there resulted in Alleria and the void elves opening up void rifts in undercity and denying victory to the Horde. So it's her fault that the Horde lost Undercity.

But hey, Saurfang sparing Malfurion is an act of utter betrayal while Sylvanas sparing Alleria is brushed off despite her essentially having done the same thing as Saurfang amirite?

Sylvannas wouldve won if not for dues ex machina Jaina.
09/11/2018 09:13Posted by Friscie

Her not killing Alleria there resulted in Alleria and the void elves opening up void rifts in undercity and denying victory to the Horde. So it's her fault that the Horde lost Undercity.

But hey, Saurfang sparing Malfurion is an act of utter betrayal while Sylvanas sparing Alleria is brushed off despite her essentially having done the same thing as Saurfang amirite?

Except that Sylvanas would be long dead (again) if not for Deus Ex Machina, so Jaina is hardly the worst culprit here.
09/11/2018 09:13Posted by Friscie

Except even Jaina was thinking of bailing out when they saw the Horde army in the Undercity courtyards. Anduin was about to have what little was left of the Alliance army do a suicide charge until Alleria brought in the void elves and gnomes as reinforcements.

So yeah, Sylvie not killing her sister as she intended back in the comic because "muh feelings" cost her the Undercity. It wasn't even about honor or anything, just "Uh- Yeah- I'll get them someday... I just didn't feel like it right now".