Blizzard, do more stuff like this, and the world is fine

General
So, I was just disapointed that the Outposts offer barely any content, so I just did soem World Quests in Vol'Dun, because... well, what else is there, and suddendly i stumble across a cave, with a Troll talking to skulls... Yeah, when i drive past, I "hear" him saying "Oh, be quiet, we have a guest, so I check it out and see just one troll and some stuff.

This wasnt tied to the main Story of the zone, and noone send me there. There wasnt a big "go here" marker on the map and even on the minimap there was no sign of him. I had to find this cave accidently (since I stopped exploring in BFA) to start this mini Questchain.

And there a Questchain starts, where I help him to set up an Inn in the middle of the desert and

Ehm, Spoiler warning here

After I finished the first few quests, he gives me a drink and I see hes talking to real ghosts, who then give me quests too, and after I finished all, the NPC who disapeared when I started the Quest Chain in Vol'Dun comes up, nearly dead and the Inn saves his life.

Even got a new flight path there.

THIS Blizzar. THIS is what should await people who explore the open world. This is how the Outposts should have been set up. Not with Table Missions. you find a spy somewhere, maybe a wounded soldier who found a save cave, which starts a little Questchain, and in the end, you helped to buil another outpost for your faction.

There was no special reward at the end of this Questchain, no toy, no epics, just some Vulpera Rep and some Azerite, but I still left the place saying "Yeah, that was great!".

This is exactly the stuff this expansion needs more of. Please Blizzard, THIS is exactly what people who dont raid or do PvP want in this game, stuff that rewards us for exploring the map.
completely agree man but you do end up in that cave if you follow the quest chain either way ... but agree random encounters like this would be great!

i dunno if you played RDR2 recently but as you travel around the map ... random events sometimes popup ... it makes the world so much more immersive ... maybe wow can learn a thing or two from that system.
03/11/2018 21:37Posted by Pixelbear
completely agree man but you do end up in that cave if you follow the quest chain either way ... but agree random encounters like this would be great!

I finished the Vol'dun Questchain without noticing this cave. There was no quest to go there or anything, it was just a little hole in the ground with no indicator whatsoever...

So... maybe the quest leads you near it, but you can still miss it, if you dont pay attention^^
It was a nice chain, but on the other hand, I hate that I have to do it on every alt to unlock the flight path.
03/11/2018 21:30Posted by Xemeron
So, I was just disapointed that the Outposts offer barely any content, so I just did soem World Quests in Vol'Dun, because... well, what else is there, and suddendly i stumble across a cave, with a Troll talking to skulls... Yeah, when i drive past, I "hear" him saying "Oh, be quiet, we have a guest, so I check it out and see just one troll and some stuff.

This wasnt tied to the main Story of the zone, and noone send me there. There wasnt a big "go here" marker on the map and even on the minimap there was no sign of him. I had to find this cave accidently (since I stopped exploring in BFA) to start this mini Questchain.

And there a Questchain starts, where I help him to set up an Inn in the middle of the desert and

Ehm, Spoiler warning here

After I finished the first few quests, he gives me a drink and I see hes talking to real ghosts, who then give me quests too, and after I finished all, the NPC who disapeared when I started the Quest Chain in Vol'Dun comes up, nearly dead and the Inn saves his life.

Even got a new flight path there.

THIS Blizzar. THIS is what should await people who explore the open world. This is how the Outposts should have been set up. Not with Table Missions. you find a spy somewhere, maybe a wounded soldier who found a save cave, which starts a little Questchain, and in the end, you helped to buil another outpost for your faction.

There was no special reward at the end of this Questchain, no toy, no epics, just some Vulpera Rep and some Azerite, but I still left the place saying "Yeah, that was great!".

This is exactly the stuff this expansion needs more of. Please Blizzard, THIS is exactly what people who dont raid or do PvP want in this game, stuff that rewards us for exploring the map.

Do alliance quest story in Drustvar. Whole zone story is awsome (really really good).