Blizzard: “More mobile titles planned for all our IPs”

General
1 2 3 16 Next
Blizzard cofounder: “you can expect to see more mobile titles from us spanning all of our IPs at some point in the future.”

Abandon ship time?

Source: https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/diablo-immortal-allen-adham-interview/amp/

https://i.imgur.com/RkT5tHM.jpg
Bye.
There is a very good in-depth post on the US forums about this matter, and it basically boils down to ''we don't care losing 2 million desktop users if we gain 20 million mobile players.''

Every idiot and kid nowadays has a phone, hell I saw homeless ppl with Samsungs and iPhones, they just care about raw numbers now, it doesn't matter where the cash comes from.
Seriously, you guys get triggered by the word mobile game harder than some left wing feminist when i accidently use the wrong pronoun...

Mobile games can be very good, so how about wait and judge the games when we actually know what they are?
I always thought "Man I love Blizzard for it's pc games! Can't wait till I can ditch my desktop to play games on 5.5 inch touchscreen!"
yeah he may say that but Blizzard is starting late and mobile game is waning already with new 3D games coming out over the next 2 years blizzard will be left behind and sink below the waves. No company lives for ever my son lol.

Also with EU rules coming into effect on loot boxes etc Mobile gaming may die quickly anyways, Blizzard do not really pay much attention to what's going on these days hence why they are out of touch and the profits are starting to fall. Once a company starts to lose profits margins its hard to turn round and the share price starts going south , then again upsetting your core customer base which was mainly their steady income is not really sense able to upset that source.

Applauds Blizzard insight how to screw it up.
04/11/2018 19:24Posted by Xemeron
Mobile games can be very good, so how about wait and judge the games when we actually know what they are?

Xcom was pretty good but mainly because it was ported from pc, mobile games can be good, turn based strategy can work wonders but they almost always lack any serious depth and gameplay

And considering blizzard's hearthstone, the most simplistic "cardgame" to ever exist, i am pretty sure they wont be making anything complicated and deep for the other ips either
Seriously, you guys get triggered by the word mobile game harder than some left wing feminist when i accidently use the wrong pronoun...

Famous last words.
Rare are the times I hear "let's wait and see" and it's a quality product.

I'm not the target audience for this type of games, and yes I have a phone, using it right now, but I absolutely despise mobile games because of the cash shops.

Best if luck, I'll be watching the !@#$storm from afar

I think the problem with most mobile games are the micro-transactions. That's what gets people here riled up.

My problem with mobile games is that a fair share of them can't support the depth desktop and even console games offer due to technical constraints. While it may be different in the asian markets, then mobile games in the western world often are for when a person has that 5 - 30 min of doing nothing, with the rare public commute taking longer than that.

It's fine for them to create these games, but making it the selling point of their diablo reveal panel is bound to give negative feedback without some kind of minor teaser in regards to future projects for Diablo on PC and heavier consoles.
04/11/2018 19:33Posted by Hairira
My problem with mobile games is that a fair share of them can't support the depth desktop and even console games offer due to technical constraints.

Honestly it nots the technical constraints, games like advance wars for the gameboy and ds werent graphically demanding but were really fun, deep and allowed heavy replayabillity.

Most of today's mobile games are just some flashy, spam your screen "Action" or railroad type game with 0 depth or structure, they are incredibly simplistic and boring.

Its the fact that the devs and the marketing department go "Le crowd wants an ultra simplistic baby level depth to stay engaged" and therefore they never bother with making something good.
04/11/2018 19:31Posted by Nimbledigits

I think the problem with most mobile games are the micro-transactions. That's what gets people here riled up.
The main one, the 2nd is that they will never be fully fledged games and they are censoring Diablo according to Chinese laws already.

No blood, no WD, no skeletons etc.
-Diablo Immortal, How long has it been on our minds?

-#Well, if you think about it, we’ve had not only Diablo, but all of our franchises we’ve been talking about mobile

WOW MOBILE CONFIRMED. Can't wait for starcraft on the APPLE WATCH. LEL
04/11/2018 19:12Posted by Râlph
Blizzard cofounder: “you can expect to see more mobile titles from us spanning all of our IPs at some point in the future.”

Abandon ship time?

Source: https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/diablo-immortal-allen-adham-interview/amp/

Depends. If it will affect or replace possible pc games, then that's bad. Probably. But, if they treat it like they should have treated Diablo Immortal (not making it the main Blizzcon announcement and instead introduce it as a cool little extra game if you're into mobile gaming) it doesn't have to be a bad thing. All those games are gonna be outsourced anyways.
Actually done some research and there are 1 or 2 companies looking into devices where your mobile is linked to your PC problem solved lol.

Out sourcing always leads to poor quality and bad workmanship any 1 knows that in the business world, its called saving money.

Compared to Pc games and mobile, the Pc game lands more money short term with higher sales if loaded along the digital route. The mobile game yields money yes but its a fickle market new games come on and new rages happen.

Once amazon and goggle sort out their platform issues and start producing games Blizzard can not compete and EA also. If any dev or Blizzard employees reads this do not burn bridges with your current customer base and do not listen to the money men most times they think short term.
04/11/2018 19:38Posted by Destruct
04/11/2018 19:31Posted by Nimbledigits

The main one, the 2nd is that they will never be fully fledged games and they are censoring Diablo according to Chinese laws already.

No blood, no WD, no skeletons etc.

Necromancer will look... Interesting to say the least.

The game can be the best of the world. Im not gonna play it on a trash platform like a phone.
04/11/2018 19:39Posted by Zetioun
-Diablo Immortal, How long has it been on our minds?

-#Well, if you think about it, we’ve had not only Diablo, but all of our franchises we’ve been talking about mobile

WOW MOBILE CONFIRMED. Can't wait for starcraft on the APPLE WATCH. LEL

Starcraft 64 was a thing, if that counts.
04/11/2018 19:45Posted by Qulululu
The game can be the best of the world. Im not gonna play it on a trash platform like a phone.

You don't need to worry about the first part either, it will be dog poop, because of the obvious limitations of the mobile phone platform.
I am really not convinced that having mobile side games for Blizzard IPs is a bad thing. What is a bad thing is that the Diablo fans have not received much in the way of sequels, or even expansions, for quite a long time now.

I fully suspect that Diablo Immortal would have been much better received were it on the back of either an expansion to Diablo 3, or a Diablo 4 announcement. Or, perhaps even if it were a bit like Hearthstone: where it is available for both PC and mobile.