Blizzard: “More mobile titles planned for all our IPs”

General
Prev 1 11 12 13 16 Next
so you can place your thumb anywhere to move around.

have you seen the size of my thumbs??? I'd lose around 1/3 of the screen using my thumbs....just checked...around half the screen is lost to my thumbs.

the issue with most mobile games like this isn't that they exist or any such thing. The screen is simply too small for anyone that's got you know...hands.

these games aren't for me lol.

but then i'm also not that upset the game is a thing, I just despise the mobile platform as a gaming platform so much I turned down work on mobile games...also because I want to keep enjoying playing games when developing them just ruins the fun so I also avoid games development on pc and console for a different reason.
08/11/2018 02:03Posted by Orlen
have you seen the size of my thumbs??? I'd lose around 1/3 of the screen using my thumbs....just checked...around half the screen is lost to my thumbs.

You can play it on a tablet too.
if you are talking about me as one of those people well you are kind of wrong as i don't know any of them by name lol.. wasen't celebrating any of them leaving or coming back or whatever.

It was the same when Brian Holinka, the PvP designer for WoW, left for an unannounced project for ~2 years. No one here were lamenting his absence. Quite the opposite.....

well rumour has it that guy was is back as lead combat designer ?? so we can probably guess which non announced title he might of worked on.
08/11/2018 02:07Posted by Jito
08/11/2018 02:03Posted by Orlen

You can play it on a tablet too.

Unfortunately I didn't spend thousands of pounds on a PC to play games on a phone or tablet.

I see my phone as a tool to make and receive calls and texts and on occasion view e-mails and some basic web browsing. I have never seen it as a platform suitable for gaming of this type. snake, tetris sure.
08/11/2018 02:11Posted by Pixelbear
if you are talking about me

No, just forum people in general who were cheering in the street when various developers left the WoW team.

Example:
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17615704981

It's a bit hypocritical if the claim is now that it's wrong for Blizzard to move some of their developers over to mobile projects when earlier some players were litterally ready to kick them over there themselves.
08/11/2018 02:11Posted by Pixelbear
mr tablet is back to design wow combat

No, he works on Hearthstone. You're confusing people.
08/11/2018 02:17Posted by Orlen
Unfortunately I didn't spend thousands of pounds on a PC to play games on a phone or tablet.

Then why are you complaining about the size of your thumbs if it's not a relevant issue to you anyway?

What next, should I complain that I'm not tall enough to play in the NBA despite not really having an interest in basketball anyway?
rum people in general who were cheering in the street when various developers left the WoW team.

That was a very sad time, that so many are confused by what the developers roles actually are within the team.

still the same to this day sadly.
No, he works on Hearthstone. You're confusing people.

ah derp i see what you mean .. i should go to sleep lol
08/11/2018 02:22Posted by Pixelbear
i dunno if i am :o is there two brian holinka's at blizzard?

No, but he's not the guy with the tablet, if I understand the reference correctly. But I may not, whatever.
08/11/2018 02:20Posted by Jito

Then why are you complaining about the size of your thumbs if it's not a relevant issue to you anyway?

What next, should I complain that I'm not tall enough to play in the NBA despite not really having an interest in basketball anyway?

I was pointing out how the platform isn't suitable for a great many people as a games platform.

While I don't hate on what Blizzard are doing...It should not have been a centre peice for Blizzcon, where the vast majority if not all are PC/Console gamers.

It's like going to a car show and the only announcement is a motor bike.....it has an engine..so why not?

Or do you simply beleive everyone has an issue with the game and not the sheer lack of any news relevant to what their interests are?
It's pretty clear that a huge number of people didn't like the idea of a mobile game getting that much attention and I can't say I blame them.

Blizzard is doing what a business must, and I support them in that. Going down the route of mobile games to suppliment their business in PC and Console. But at Blizzcon...people wanted to hear anything at all about Diablo 4...even screen shots would have been fine for many.

Instead we got Blizzard committing one of the biggest PR disasters in recent memory from a games developer.
08/11/2018 02:28Posted by Orlen
I was pointing out how the platform isn't suitable for a great many people as a games platform.

I think it'll be fine though. The mobile gaming audience, even without your contribution, is the size of the PC and Console markets – combined.
08/11/2018 02:28Posted by Orlen
While I don't hate on what Blizzard are doing...It should not have been a centre peice for Blizzcon, where the vast majority if not all are PC/Console gamers.

Agree.
08/11/2018 02:26Posted by Jito
i dunno if i am :o is there two brian holinka's at blizzard?

No, but he's not the guy with the tablet, if I understand the reference correctly. But I may not, whatever.

yea sry was just me putting two info together from the past with the wrong faces just to clarify holinka isn't tablet guy ...
08/11/2018 02:20Posted by Jito

it is any phone with full hd size screen? Or 4k screen? Because standard phone screens have small letters and I have too big fingers to operate on them.
04/11/2018 19:24Posted by Xemeron
Seriously, you guys get triggered by the word mobile game harder than some left wing feminist when i accidently use the wrong pronoun...

Mobile games can be very good, so how about wait and judge the games when we actually know what they are?

Examples of good phone games?

I have played many, but they are literally pure garbage. Every single one that I have tried has either been filled to the top with microtranactions or p2w. That's what makes them profitable, when 9-year olds and Chinese people buy that stuff.

So why would Blizzard get rid of those bad mechanics involved with mobile gaming if it's what they are aiming for?
As some already mentioned here a mobile game per say is maybe not a bad thing if it had been made by Blizzard themselves rather than outsourced to a asian company known for cash grabbing methods.

Hearthstone have worked well as a mobile but it was also supported for PC aswell.
But I do agree think the news of Immortal could have been handled better if PC Diablo players got something,anything?

They made a mobile game the main focus of the Diablo panel bad chooise.
Yes we do have mobile but we are not like asian market where everyone seem to play mobile on bus,subways etc where they seem to spend most of their time on and off work according to blizzards mind atleast?

Western market is not the same as eastern market. Blizzard seem to have forgotten that when the market people seem to take the lead of Blizzard rather as once the game lovers.
To add more to this topic if they plan to do more mobile games with their IPs they better do it themselves and not p2w methods.
Sincerely i dont care who is in charge of the wow project: In 14 years i saw many names and i remember just a couple of them just because ppl name'em in the forum... for me it could be Lando Calrissian in charge... . I care that this person is good in doin his job.

And.. As i said i'll play the mobile Diablo game during my crowded subway movement.

BUT when im playin an unfinished game, with a lot of good ideas poorly realized and i see a video stating "our best programmers are focusing on mobile games" i begin to make connection between the two things and i start to be concerned. Can i? The focus on asian market is good for money ofc. They could build a deposit like Disney's Uncle Scrooge with these money.

BUT Are you really putting a disposable mobile game and a PC game with the complexity of wow? really? REALLY?
Mobile gamers DansGame
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiZNSzWIaLo
So long they do not interfere with the main games and are just side content, then they can do what they want in my mind.
08/11/2018 11:43Posted by Skrauhg
So long they do not interfere with the main games and are just side content, then they can do what they want in my mind.

How "moving our best developers to mobile" doesn't interfere with the main games? There certainly is a correlation between the overall quality of BfA and the experience of the people developing it.