Blizzard: “More mobile titles planned for all our IPs”

General
Prev 1 14 15 16 Next
09/11/2018 10:35Posted by Rezista
09/11/2018 09:44Posted by Tèsla
It's a long time strategy i guess. in some days the market will quiet. And we'll see when they will release DI.

On that note, yesterday between 16-18PM CET another 50k down votes vanished. I'm redownvoting the video for a 3rd time. It is officially the most downvoted video in the history of youtube.

and world moved on - most normal people/gamers didn't even noticed there was any controversy .

blizzard made 1 mistake imo - if they allowed prepurchases of DI their stock prices would skyrocket from how many milions they would make
<span class="truncated">...</span>
I saw a video yesterday on youtube about Samsung having made a phone with a bendable screen. So you can basically open it up and it becomes a tablet.

People may scoff at smartphones as gaming devices today. But given the rapid technological advancement in the smartphone industry, the potential in 10-15 years is scary to think about.

Some day, smartphones may even be able to run Crysis.
I'm not scoffing at games existing on phones, I'm scoffing at the idea of playing a game on a mobile phone

Edit: I also read some posts about them not caring to lose 2m desktop users over 20m phone users but assuming those 2m's are subscribed wow-ers is it reasonable to lose 2m *13 a month doesn't the equation mean they're expecting

And if the performance will go up you will see that mobile phone gaming will turn into "connect it to a screen with mouse and keyboard on a hub!" and we'll have gone full circle (Nintendo switch is a great example)

and why you do it ?

because you dont like it ?

hate to break it to you but mobile gaming market is already beating console and PC ones and in just few years it will overtake both of them toghether.

you may not like mobile gaming but younger generation adores it . and they are the future of gaming industry not dinosaurs like you and me.
if you guys still think they haven't got mobile titles lined up for warcraft you are fooling yourselves they basically openly said this already to multiple sources.

all ip's is all ip's
09/11/2018 13:01Posted by Lilîith
...I'm not scoffing at games existing on phones, I'm scoffing at the idea of playing a game on a mobile phone

Edit: I also read some posts about them not caring to lose 2m desktop users over 20m phone users but assuming those 2m's are subscribed wow-ers is it reasonable to lose 2m *13 a month doesn't the equation mean they're expecting

And if the performance will go up you will see that mobile phone gaming will turn into "connect it to a screen with mouse and keyboard on a hub!" and we'll have gone full circle (Nintendo switch is a great example)

and why you do it ?

hate to break it to you but mobile gaming market is already beating console and PC ones and in just few years it will overtake both of them toghether.

you may not like mobile gaming but younger generation adores it . and they are the future of gaming industry not dinosaurs like you and me.
I wouldn’t call things like candy crush a “game” I’d call it a “disctraction” or a mobile “APP”

FYI, mobile “APPS” have over taken console and PC for one reason only....

“MICRO TRANSACTIONS”

Sorry to break it to you, every single, or at least 99% of these mobile apps are riddled with Micro transactions and DI will no doubt be riddled with them too.

Too bad.
09/11/2018 13:17Posted by Dappysham
I wouldn’t call things like candy crush a “game” I’d call it a “disctraction” or a mobile “APP”

Oh please. When Blizzard added the Sunflower pet to WoW everyone was going crazy with Plants vs. Zombies around here.
There's even the quest in Hillsbrad (?) and the secret Feat of Strength that's one big homage to the game.

That was followed up with the Peggle WoW edition and the WoW addon that let you play Bejeweled and Peggle in WoW:
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Peggle:_World_of_Warcraft_Edition

And today there's even the jewelcrafting toy that let's you play a bejeweled mini-game.

You may be an exception to the rule, but let's not pretend that WoW players are connoisseurs when it comes to gaming. That Bejeweled addon was the most popular addon that existed at the time (until it got discontinued because of EA).
09/11/2018 13:28Posted by Jito
09/11/2018 13:17Posted by Dappysham

Oh please. When Blizzard added the Sunflower pet to WoW everyone was going crazy with Plants vs. Zombies around here.
There's even the quest in Hillsbrad (?) and the secret Feat of Strength that's one big homage to the game.

That was followed up with the Peggle WoW edition and the WoW addon that let you play Bejeweled and Peggle in WoW:

And today there's even the jewelcrafting toy that let's you play a bejeweled mini-game.

You may be an exception to the rule, but let's not pretend that WoW players are connoisseurs when it comes to gaming. That Bejeweled addon was the most popular addon that existed at the time (until it got discontinued because of EA).
Sorry. It I literally have no idea what you’re taking about? Pet Adons? Bejewelled? Peggle? What are these?? I don’t play game apps on my mobile, actually.. correction, I do only when on the bog for 3 mins a day..

What about other people that enjoy the Diablo series? My uncle for example, he still uses a Nokia 3330 as he only uses his mobile phone the way it’s meant to be used. He now can’t play the new one.

Unfortunate I guess.
09/11/2018 11:43Posted by Shumensko
09/11/2018 11:30Posted by Jito
The Nokia 3310 came out in year 2000. Just look at the technological advancement of phones over those past 18 years. It's crazy. From Snake to Diablo Immortal.
Think another 18 years ahead and.....Probably not something to scoff at.

Yes, and when it came out, it could work for a week before I had to charge its battery. Smartphones? I need to charge it every day if I use it for anything outside of talking. Playing for 2 hours some gpu heavy game? Great, now I need to find a charger if I want to talk on it.
Every day and I only use for watching some YT videos in bed and 30 minutes during traveling... This in't wear and tear, it always was. I can make it last 1.5 to 2 days If I don't use it at all for that time. Previous phone nearly a week or more.

So a phone 'game' will drain it in 2-3 hours, maybe 4 tops:(

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17624423536?page=3#post-57

Aside this link tells the only things I want to see go mobile from Blizzard titles. In short: Pet battles, fishing and some of the minigames from WQ/dailies.

09/11/2018 12:50Posted by Krystahl
Starts a BIG boss battle on DI on your shiny smarthpone.
*Black spot, connection lost*
*Call incoming*
*Software update*
*NOTIFICATIONS*
*Battery low*
*All data used, upgrade sub pack for another 10gig this month*
*No connection found*
*Screen frozen*
Or the eternal *Dies for no reason at all, full restart required*

And that's just a sample of the issues the phone may experience, just imagine what issues you may have with the game.

Yep, wave of the future.

*edit* Of course it could just as easily be WOWmob or the like, inb4 'THIS IS A WOW THREAD'.
I tried that free to run sonic game (was also on WP) and the crashing thing sounds way too familiar, I didn't want to spend a single penny, and once I had unlocked everything (15 minutes a day killing time) the next day my save file was gone. Also tried to find a new suduko game for my phones like I had on my Blackberry sadly they don't exist anymore without ads or Mincrotransactions.
https://i.imgur.com/RkT5tHM.jpg

From blizzard themselves
09/11/2018 12:58Posted by Lilîith
and world moved on - most normal people/gamers didn't even noticed there was any controversy .

Eh... There were even articles in Forbes? And it's even news in the economy market. So... what's your point?
I think they should follow the Fortnite and PubG models and release the games on pc, laptop, xbox, playstation, switch, mobile, ios, and tablets. This would ensure that you could play with almost anyone your favorite game. It is obviously working for Fortnite as they are now boasting 8.1 million concurrent users.
Blizzard can make all the mobile games they want as long as the quality of their PC games isn't going to suffer for it. Also they shouldn't announce those at Blizzcon anymore because people there expect news for PC... Announce your mobile games at E3 instead Blizzard as that's typically for a broader audience there so you may not get as much backlash there.
I would love a pet battle mobile game tbh
10/11/2018 08:33Posted by Emocado

as a filler it could be a good idea. just as a filler
07/11/2018 13:04Posted by Jito
I think when some time has passed and people have voiced their frustrations and calmed down a bit, then they're going to be intrigued.

No, when I'm done voicing my frustration (obviously without result) I'll be gone.

Me too, because of the original game. You know, that game I played on the computer and had not one single cash shop/f2p whatever in it.

Errr.. never heared of it. Last time I played something like that was breakout on the c64.

Didn't even know that, but not interested anyway. Random google search will give me a million options to play a game like that. Boring too.

09/11/2018 13:51Posted by Dappysham
What about other people that enjoy the Diablo series? My uncle for example, he still uses a Nokia 3330 as he only uses his mobile phone the way it’s meant to be used. He now can’t play the new one.

Same, not sure about my serial number though. Got a phone that can... phone. That's it. Not that I would pick up on a mobile if I could, because those games just bore me to death pretty soon.
<span class="truncated">...</span>I'm not scoffing at games existing on phones, I'm scoffing at the idea of playing a game on a mobile phone

and why you do it ?

I practically answered this in the next post I will quote. It's not about the success of mobile games in other genre's, it is the complexity cap that is inherent with playing it on a touchscreen the size of your pocket, meaning that the games that we know and love for their complexity will have none of that on a mobile phone;
09/11/2018 12:09Posted by Sylvare
yeah but let's be honest the future of gaming isn't going to be; look at a screen that can fit your pocket, any gaming that will be based on that will be short attention span low complexity games, games literally built to keep you busy while you're on the toilet

Just like laptops replaced desktops for everyone who isn't someone who overspends on a PC to give it overkill performance (I'm guilty) phones will replace laptops because they already have the performance

Any mobile game however that doesn't use a bigger monitor or alternative controls outside of touchscreen will be low dedication

When we reach that point can you truely call a game a 'mobile game' just because it's played on a mobile phone? (even tho smart phones are more like pocket PC's with call function)

Also because of the inherent complexity caps with mobile phones I doubt any of the existing audiance will dedicate themselves too it, besides as I already claimed mobile phones are low dedication, it keeps you distracted on the toilet or in public traffic and I don'tknow about others but when I did some mobile games I had a new one every week and didn't devote myself to any of them and the same is true for most people I know so, I just feel like they will shoot themselves in the foot trying to create a mobile platform, but have no objections to it as long as existing games do not sufer

But that brings us back to the 'we have some of our best developers on mobile titles right now' comment which heavily implies other projects lost these best developers and will unintentionally suffer under it
09/11/2018 12:58Posted by Lilîith
This is also simply not true, this news has creeped out to many MANY other fanbases, Bethesda's fanbase knows about it and has opinions about it, EA's fanbase knows about it and has opinions about it, there are still videos being made about this EVERY DAY on youtube, not to mention the drop in blizzard stock after blizzcon.

The existing player base by a vast majority doesn't want existing titles to suffer under mobile games, which, if we again take the co-founder of Blizzard serious in his 'best devs on mobile titles', is something that will happen
10/11/2018 08:33Posted by Emocado

This has to be in development already...its the obvious choice for a wow mobile game. Although TBF Blizzard havent shown much sense lately in what seem to be obvious choices (do they not employ market researchers or public relations? judging by recent events Im gonna say 'no!').
Ive got no problem with them adding to their titles with some braindead mobile games as long as it doesnt take away from the main PC titles.
I still reserve the right to be the only dinosaur left who doesnt own a mobile phone though!LOL *blows raspberry at technology and social media*
Activision Blizzard's end goal is WoW on mobile. Mark my words.

Quote this comment in the future.
12/11/2018 11:56Posted by Kattwilliams

Dude, in 5 minutes no one will even remember what you just wrote :D

You overestimate the significance of your words on the internet, just a bit :P
12/11/2018 11:56Posted by Kattwilliams
Activision Blizzard's end goal is WoW on mobile. Mark my words.

Nah i dont think so. maybe a wow pet game (i would love it) or somethin like this. But the complexity of wow is difficult to import on mobile.
and not all the ppl have the last iphone released so an high end game would cut a big part of the audience. Wow will die in years. But no game on mobile will replace it.
i cant wait to play pokemon go 2 on mobile by blizzard