Blizzard: “More mobile titles planned for all our IPs”

General
Prev 1 2 3 4 16 Next
04/11/2018 22:00Posted by Shopkeeper
Knee-jerk backlash... Sure, but I can't blame em when 90% of mobile games is utter trash. :p

How high a percentage of Blizzard's mobile games are utter trash? Isn't that how you should perceive it? I mean, if I took a quick look at Steam, I could also conclude that 90% of PC games are utter trash, but that doesn't mean Blizzard's PC games are.

Weird logic running around here >.>
As long as the mobile games don't interfere with the big main games then we don't have a problem. Diablo immortal is not the reason why we don't get the new big Diablo game yet, the reason is the console market where they are still milking on D3. They just announced at Blizzcon yet another new console port, they might aswell say that they postponed the next big Diablo release until this well runs dry.
04/11/2018 22:09Posted by Jito
04/11/2018 22:00Posted by Shopkeeper
Knee-jerk backlash... Sure, but I can't blame em when 90% of mobile games is utter trash. :p

How high a percentage of Blizzard's mobile games are utter trash? Isn't that how you should perceive it? I mean, if I took a quick look at Steam, I could also conclude that 90% of PC games are utter trash, but that doesn't mean Blizzard's PC games are.

Weird logic running around here >.>

Tencent Games. Plenty of trash there.
Edit: Sorry, wrote Tencent instead of Netease. Both horrible so I do tend to mix em up now and then. :p
04/11/2018 19:24Posted by Xemeron
Seriously, you guys get triggered by the word mobile game harder than some left wing feminist when i accidently use the wrong pronoun...

Mobile games can be very good, so how about wait and judge the games when we actually know what they are?

Yes, I am triggered. Why should I play on a device with 5-inch screen with no proper controls (btw, controls that narrows the screen space even more), with the battery life compared to a golden fish memory span, while I could just play a proper Diablo title on my 4k ultra HD wide-screen monitor, with very comfortable and sophisticated controllers like mouse and keyoard and on top of that having the ability to play how much I want: it can be 10 minutes or 10 hours and I don't have to worry about !@#$.

I hope this Diablo won't generate them any profit, bacause otherwise we'll see less and less games made on PC, unfortunately. After all, they're all about the money.
04/11/2018 19:33Posted by Hairira

My problem with mobile games is that a fair share of them can't support the depth desktop and even console games offer due to technical constraints. While it may be different in the asian markets, then mobile games in the western world often are for when a person has that 5 - 30 min of doing nothing, with the rare public commute taking longer than that.

It's fine for them to create these games, but making it the selling point of their diablo reveal panel is bound to give negative feedback without some kind of minor teaser in regards to future projects for Diablo on PC and heavier consoles.

^This

Mobile Games don't have to be dumb. There are so many good games on Gameboy and Nintendo DS. Zelda, Pokemon, Final Fantasy, The World Ends With You, Hotel Dusk, Another, Fire Emblem, Advance Wars...

But even Nintendo decided to bring Fire Emblem and Pokemon with very simplistic gameplay to mobile phones.

Blizzard could change this. Maybe they bring some cool and deep story games. Maybe they change how the mobile game market works... they changed RTS. They changed MMOs. They changed multiplayer Shooter... why not mobile games?

But I don't think the diablo mobile game is the right way...
Seriously, you guys get triggered by the word mobile game harder than some left wing feminist when i accidently use the wrong pronoun...

Mobile games can be very good, so how about wait and judge the games when we actually know what they are?

You don't seem to comprehend that it's not mobile gaming that has triggered anything. It's that they were expecting a new Diablo game on PC and it's not going to be anything to do with PC.

So if more titles are going to MOVE over to mobile then it's something that upsets people. If they are just going to make a load of games without removing the PC versions no one will get upset.
Jito, are you Dottie?

You two are the only two people in here who's IQ excels at 200+ and always goes against the general consensus.

No matter what it is, no matter the topic you guys always agree with the opposite. I'm starting to believe this is just some big forum larp.

I mean, what reason do you have to believe that Diablo Immortal even remotely looks good on mobile? Is it because you know you'll win all the time because they've had to dumb the game down to such an extent that it can be played with thumbs on a laggy, almost unresponsive touch screen? That you know you'll win all the goodies if you just pay for the wins?

Are you not at all disapointed that this could have been a game that makes you feel genuine emotions of empathy, love and forms a connection with you, and gives you the sense accomplishment when you learn it and defeat the challenges? This game could have offered that, but instead they decided to let people smash a button and win everything slowly, or pay more money to smash the same button and win everything quickly while we witness all the flashy automated animations from said button mashing.

I think you're the one who's out of touch here, have you forgotten what makes a good game or something?
Dia moba would've been a hit if they made come with a new pc release and only as a backdrop or teaser warmup to the next best thing..

the way they presented it.. guys we are out of effin ideas, but here's a moba?... yea sorry we don't really get it either.
04/11/2018 22:42Posted by Punyelf
It's that they were expecting a new Diablo game on PC and it's not going to be anything to do with PC.

Yeah but that was never going to happen anyway, so that just means the Diablo fanbase was always doomed to explode in rage and anger.

Blizzard have all but said outright that they are working on Diablo IV. But the release date on that game has to be at least 4-5 years out in the future.

And obviously, the premise for working on Diablo IV is that they stop working on more Diablo III content. It's just not possible to do both. There's only 1 development team.

There was however the possibility that the Classic team would do a Diablo II Remaster. But they did the Warcraft III Reforged game instead.
I think that's something Diablo fans could be a little disappointed about. I hoped for a Diablo II Remaster myself.

But when they then have a Diablo Immortal mobile game title to announce in the absence of the above, I think it's a bit silly that people rage and scream bloody murder.

Even if Blizzard didn't do Diablo Immortal, we would still not get Diablo IV or Diablo II Remaster. It's just not how it works.

The only reason why we get Diablo Immortal is because Blizzard has an opportunity to hand over much of the grunt work to NetEase and then re-use a lot of the Diablo III art assets, so the game doesn't actually end up taking anything away from the Diablo IV development.
It's a free round basically.

I don't understand where people's "expectations" come from. From my perspective it just seems as if people are extremely uninformed as to how Blizzard game development works, and have some extremely unrealistic assumptions about how long it takes to develop juggernaut triple A game titles.
It boggles my mind.
04/11/2018 22:43Posted by Abacabb
Are you not at all disapointed that this could have been a game that makes you feel genuine emotions of empathy, love and forms a connection with you, and gives you the sense accomplishment when you learn it and defeat the challenges?
You are expecting to much from a bot. The Blizzard AI isn't that sophisticated yet.

There's a few good reasons to be upset by a mobile game:

Controls are on the screen, where the game is, so vision is rather obstructed.

Limited controls so it takes away some of the added nuances that can be had in a PC or Console game.

Many mobile games are monetized up the whazoo with all manner of tactics that try to take away your money.

Ultimately: We have PCs that can run many games pretty well. Why play a mobile game if I have a PC?
So why are we discussing Diablo on the Warcraft forums?
Still cant understand why they don't create a special bundle
of horde/alliance themed keyboards and put wow on console.
Mods already out there prove it can be done and looks lovely.

My PC is dying a very slow death and in all honesty WOW is the only
reason I would be forced to buy a new PC.
ESO was kinda fun and pretty chill to play on console ... wow would work great if the controller support was perfect.

i think they could double their subs if they released wow on console.
04/11/2018 23:28Posted by Pixelbear
ESO was kinda fun and pretty chill to play on console ... wow would work great if the controller support was perfect.

i think they could double their subs if they released wow on console.

totally agree. If they could do a special bundle of keyboard and mouse
would much rather WOW going down that route than mobile
Mobile games aren't necessarily bad. You're stupid to think Blizzard shouldn't get into the mobile platform.

Why Diablo Immortal is so awful, is because Diablo 3 has basically been left to die slowly and they kept teasing diablo projects in the works.. everyone wanted D4 or D2 remasted, and they give their audience a mobile chinese rip off.
Whatever as long as they still make great desktop games. Mobile games can also be a great way to introduce new people to the main games. I'm fine with mobile games as long as it's not their main focus.
The only mobile game that i ever played more than 15 minutes was heartstone,because collection ecc.. was shared on my pc.
I dont really like to touch the screen and do things,the only type of game that i can see playable on a phone is a strategy turn based game or a card game.
Games on phone sucks and are extremely pay to win oriented.
Even if my RL friends asked me to install clash royale like numerous time i never did it see how much pay to win is and i dont really like that type of game.
Businesses gotta buisness. Whatever the truth of WoW's subs count might be, it seems reasonable to assume it's plummeted and is continuing to fall, so they need to recoup that lost revenue from somewhere. Selling impulse-buy !@#$ to mobile gamers isn't a bad bet.
Blizzard have finally accepted that the PC is dying. It is sad but the tide has changed. You may all soon be a dying breed too. The new generation wants to be mobile. Its not what I desire nor ever want to see happen. But having seen so many changes in my lifetime to computers I forsee a time soon when buying a PC will be a difficult process. So hang onto your kit and look after it. You may just be sitting on an antique.

The PC is dead. Long live the PC.