Why I quit BFA

General
Hello!

First of all, let's get this out of the way first, this isn't a hate wow or blizz or what ever post! Which is something I feel I need to add after diablo immortal drama. I'm just trying to give my reasoning for why my motivation seems to have dropped.

So first of all, M+ dungeons right now, best feature of the game but it's been downplayed in the reward section whilst significantly going UP in difficulty. And in comparison to Legion the downplayed reward is a double whammy because of the Titanforge proc rate nerf that was in effect next to just dropping the baseline ilvl.
Because M+ dungeons are so punishing this expansion compared to legion pugging them has also become significantly harder then before (even loads of people with 1k+ rio score make mistakes, seen it happen way too often).

As for some more specific problems I'm having right now those would be more class based. For my monk I think they play way to clunky and slow, my pala could use some more AoE, my warrior could not get nerfed next patch! ;)
Currently I think frost mage and arm warrior class design is clearly a lot more well rounded then pretty much any other class in the game simply because they current "meta" builds are good for both AoE and single target. If you ask me what my biggest issue with wow would have been over the past couple of expansions then there is only one thing that comes to mind and it's the AoE / single target split up so make passives feel more impact full.

TL;DR:
- M+ dungeons got too difficult in comparison to the rewards (M10+ should be equal to Mythic raiding again imo)
- Bring back titanforge proc rates
- Let all classes in game have their AoE without having to drop their single target or vise versa
Play m+ for the challenge, not the rewards: Win.
Dungeons are too boring to play them over and over again~
I loved Legion because the dungeons were awesome, bosses were bosses and you always had the chance to win a legendary.

In BFA I dont even know if I'm coming up to a boss fight. I have no fun what so ever in BFA and have left my own M+ runs so many times.

Despite me having an active sub wow is dead to me from BFA
13/11/2018 18:05Posted by Jesi

Yea you just get burnet out when you spam them alot.

THIS! normally by the time ive ran thru Normal then Heroic while levelling/for gear
i dont want to step inside any of the dungeons again.
13/11/2018 19:52Posted by Lazerzgopew

THIS! normally by the time ive ran thru Normal then Heroic while levelling/for gear

Well, that's understandable. After early Cata, normal, heroic, and eventually mythic+0 dungeons have been mind-numbingly easy and thus boring. If you do high keys it's something completely different.

I have done Manor probably 20 times, if not more. However, I just spent almost two hours enjoying myself there wiping numerous times on Sisters before finally overcoming it on a +15.

I get that it is not for everyone, but I do think more people should give it a try. I love it.
13/11/2018 22:35Posted by Kohanther
13/11/2018 19:52Posted by Lazerzgopew

Well, that's understandable. After early Cata, normal, heroic, and eventually mythic+0 dungeons have been mind-numbingly easy and thus boring. If you do high keys it's something completely different.

I have done Manor probably 20 times, if not more. However, I just spent almost two hours enjoying myself there wiping numerous times on Sisters before finally overcoming it on a +15.

I get that it is not for everyone, but I do think more people should give it a try. I love it.

problem there is raider io stops people doing high keys because a lot of people just CBA to dedicate the time to farm a score up which is good enough to not just get declined all the time ... better off just buying a boost :)
13/11/2018 22:39Posted by Pixelbear
<span class="truncated">...</span>

problem there is raider io stops people doing high keys because a lot of people just CBA to dedicate the time to farm a score up which is good enough to not just get declined all the time ... better off just buying a boost :)

Na

Problem is that these players have eligible ilvl for m+ due to inflation from wq azerite pieces, titanforges, warfront & lfr. Raider.io does not pop up out of nowhere.. If ilvl =/= skill then might aswell use a new and better metric right?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Na

Problem is that these players have eligable ilvl for m+ due to inflation from wq azerite pieces, titanforges, warfront & lfr. Raider.io does not pop up out of nowhere.. If ilvl =/= skill then might aswell use a new and better metric right?

yea i heard it all before :) , raider io doesnt pop up out of no where you are right :P , but i honestly cba to get into the details about why people think its required again xD just leave you lot to it lol ... its a state of mind more than anything else.

put it this way if it was "required" blizzard would of probably turned it into the main part of the game by now with the release of bfa, just like they did to gearscore.

This seems to also have hit me a little bit. I'm hoping that smoothing out the dungeons to be a bit more in line with the difficulty of legion will address this at least somewhat. Also the rewards being not that interesting unless it titanforges isn't helping.

You could try pushing for so high key that you can't complete it anymore. That's what I do if I want a challenge. Requires a stable group though, no sense doing it with pugs.