will blizzard restore heros?

Classic Discussion
i am pretty sure blizzard has created database backup before expansion release...
and barely i'll invest in recreating of my heroes.

any official statements?
Yes, they have 1.12 database, they use it for Classic with some modifications.

I highly doubt they will restore your vanilla characters, they want everyone to have fresh start there.
Starting Classic from the end is like only eating pizza's crust with the sauce leftovers; it's still good but what's the point of eating the only part that has the least to do with Pizza's general taste?
i don't think many young players would prefer retro over current.
also i don't fill like people who had left wow (myself) would come back to start from scratch
It would be so awesome if we could have our full tier 3 characters from launch while only onyx and MC is out. That couldn't cause any issues.
The blunt, unvarnished truth is that you have more chance of being the first man on the moon than having your old characters restored. Forget about it, it's never going to happen.
Your hero is probably still available in actual WoW. Classic is a separate game. It would be weird to copy-paste characters, mounts, etc.
13/11/2018 19:20Posted by Biasha
i don't think many young players would prefer retro over current.
also i don't fill like people who had left wow (myself) would come back to start from scratch

You don't start from scratch, you now have all the knowledge and experience you need. And you can always hire an asian power leveler to do the work for you, though they will probably more expensive now.
13/11/2018 19:24Posted by Darkvveaver
It would be so awesome if we could have our full tier 3 characters from launch while only onyx and MC is out. That couldn't cause any issues.

Instant level capped chars for Classic WoW?
Over my dead freakin' body!
Trouncing lowbie Alliance in Redridge as a raid of 40 fully Naxx-geared raiders two years before Naxx was even released. Just like it was when the game initially launched.
13/11/2018 19:04Posted by Cedrad
Yes, they have 1.12 database, they use it for Classic with some modifications.

I highly doubt they will restore your vanilla characters, they want everyone to have fresh start there.

They have master database backups, which contain the "golden image" for fresh servers.

It's incredibly unlikely they kept backups of account and character data after all these years.

While starting Classic as a Grand Marshal with T2.5/3 gear would be fun, it would somewhat take the challenge out of the game....