Explovie and teeming

General
Is a really bad affix combo, they alwasy spawn in combo of 6-8 since its teeming, and the timer is way of. U barly clear the first set of explosives before the next set spawns, and all our dmg was on explosives. Either its bugged or really wrongly tuned
even method just depleted a 15 key with musclebrah saying "its not easy pushing this week, bad affix combo" So whos wrong and whos right??
We know some weeks are easier than others. And depleting a +15, first world problems.
14/11/2018 15:24Posted by Dejarous
We know some weeks are easier than others. And depleting a +15, first world problems.

There is a difference between easy/hard and wrongly tuned numbers yes?
Also the way fortified works now and gow trash designed, makes it even worse. We pulled a pac of 6 mobs and i counted 16 orbs how til they got killed, and dps wasnt an issue since everyone was doing around 16-20k
14/11/2018 15:24Posted by Dejarous

For most it's not about ease - I and others like challenging dungeons.

It's about enjoyment. So many of these affix combos just aren't fun or enjoyable with BFA dungeon design. Who get's up and says "Oh boy I'm really looking forward to these fort - teeming - explosive - infested dungeons!"?

Challenge isn't simply dumping a load of extra health and damage onto mobs, it's artificial.

M+ needs a complete affix revamp.
All debates about difficulty aside, Explosive isn't simply an enjoyable experience. It causes a very tightly knit routine where you are almost about to have some good gameplay (nuking mobs, dodging abilities, interrupting stuff), but every few seconds you need to drop everything you're doing and focus on this silly growing bubble.

It's not a decision and not a positive kind of challenge. It's just a player vs. UI hassle, and of course it requires you to tip-toe everywhere since any pull of an interesting size will swarm you with globes that are nearly impossible to pluck out from the mass.

For me explosive is the equivalent of a complete stop of enjoyable gameplay with no consequence or interest every few seconds.
14/11/2018 15:29Posted by Solaris

M+ needs a complete affix revamp.

I'll go further. Dungeon design needs tweaking. They missed the mark badly this expansion. "Oh yay, Shrine!" said no one ever.

Wall hacking mobs, bosses that reset if the person they are targeting is standing on a long blade of grass, trash packs that require 15 abilities to control them etc etc.

Dungeons just aren't much fun atm and I'm sure participation shows this. The affixes are just pairing cabbage with tofu when you were expecting steak and icecream.
Totally agree, i enjoy M+ a lot more than raiding. But with these very badly designed affixes, and add the 100s of abilites blizz added to trash pacs, makes it not fun at all. I LOVE a challenge, but it aslo have to be a challenge that is tuned properly and done properly. Not like this, it feels like blizz still sees live as PTR and pushes stuff before they test it themselves and expect the players to test stuff for them. Thats no why we pay a montly fee!