What is all the negative remarks about autism?

General
Prev 1 5 6 7 9 Next
<Retracted>
06/10/2018 22:28Posted by Mirun
Euhm, "nice" sites, if you want to laugh at how stupid some people are, especially that second one; but where do they state that psychiatry is not a science?
Nowhere, thats where.

Dont ask for proof you can find yourself quite easily.
https://www.uu.nl/wetfilos/bijsluiter/alphabetagamma.html
Translate it yourself. Or just friggin GOOGLE it.

I explained it too, but ah well, you really ignored me i guess. Your loss.

06/10/2018 22:33Posted by Lokirilian
Wow, you really talk about your employees like that? I'm hoping your lying and I'm afraid you're not. You come across as a horrible person who thinks people are just there as a product.

Im not lying, but it was just hypothetical. So yes, it is not true. But that is TOTALLY besides the point! I thought it would be clear it was an example with some pun in it for some. Then again, you cant joke about anything anymore, due to pc ppl.

What if my employees and i had no problem with the descriptions as i put them? Is it odd or wrong to say that ppl have these 'disorders'??? WHY?
Ah, you dont like the tone... i get it, but hey, i do employ them, so i cant be that bad, now can i?

The point was to illustrate that our societies are circling the drain. I thought the example was obvious, bc all these ppl require/expect to be treated with 'special' conditions, bc after all, they are special...
No employers wishes such a work force and this is one of the reasons western economy is doomed, unless we drastically change course.

06/10/2018 22:33Posted by Lokirilian
As for the last statement, are you saying that people who are labelled as different should be shot? Because it's really not clear.

Honey, if anyone is going to be shot, it is me. Bc i cannot keep my friggin mouth shut and i always challenge everything wrong.
I am NOT saying anyone should be shot! I am merely stating that in most cultures in most of history, specific ppl were killed yes. I also stated mental patients were target for experimentation, torture, etc in the entire, during the start of my life.
I try to warn ppl that it may not be such a good plan to voluntarily get that stamp on your forehead...

What puzzles me is how ppl like you seem to think it IS and always will be beneficial? Where in history/culture do you see any and all abnormal ppl being treated well?
The human condition is FAR from all that decent as it seems to be, even today. If such a thing exists at all, it is a very thin layer of veneer that instantly evaporates of conditions get bad. There are plenty of examples of that everywhere in the world.

06/10/2018 22:37Posted by Lokirilian
My mother, my niece's grandmother, agreed with the diagnosis my niece got, and so do I. In fact we were the ones who pushed for the exam because we were certain she had autism.

You're offering no proof of what you say, and yet there is a lot of proof that autism and other neurodiverse conditions do exist.

I didnt say autism doesnt exist, bc it does. I said modern forms (the lighter ones such as 'asperger') do not exist. That is, if you name it, it exists, but there is no basis for such a determination. I based that on several things, which you can consider proof.

I see no opposite proof, other than ppl saying it is so. That is not proof. There is no real proof anyway, other than statistical and comparative. I have given some, i have not seen any in return.

I could give more, but the problem with giving proof from my side is always that ppl can say that studies werent good, or that there are other studies saying so and so, or that things are obscured where none of these issues were found. So i rather always choose a more or less logical reasoning, showing how these things evolved. Ofc that isnt proof in itself. Im not looking to win anything or provide proof. I am trying to open ppls eyes and think "hey, even though i dont like this guy, this might be true. Im going to think about this"
06/10/2018 03:02Posted by Pointybeard
It's just plain ignorance. They don't even know what the word means.

this + people who use the term for about everything come off as people who had low education. I'm not saying they have, but they make themselves sound like low educated people.
06/10/2018 01:25Posted by Mussy
I am genuinly curious about why the term is used as negative remark

Because they are different and you're in the minority, that's why.

And to be fair, we all struggle with and not as easily accepting of different, so then it becomes a question of your tolerance.

"You don't call retarded people retards, that's in bad taste, you call your friends retards when they are acting retarded." - Michael Scott

06/10/2018 08:11Posted by Biohazzard
Ignorance is the root cause mainly

No its not, human nature is.

If you're white, you're obviously going to be more comfortable around people of that same color, does that make you racist?...no....what does is your lack of tolerance for those that aren't.
We live in times where society has deemed it funny and necessary to make fun of people who have autism and any other type of illness. Sad times we live in.
<Retracted>
It pays to keep an open mind. But not so open that your brains fall out.
Quite some attacks again, with no content, so i see no need to reply to those anymore. Ive said what i wanted to say. I do not wish anyone any harm, nor do i look down on anyone. You do not know me at all.
I merely tried to give my perspective on the matter and i do that without much care for anyones feelings, which you have to, if you want to get to some real facts and truth. In doing so, i knew in advance some ppl were going to attack me, bc in their minds, they were attacked. That is not so. But i knew that in advance. Im 57 and have a lot of experience in this.

One person i do want to react to and that is "Destruct", bc she (i take it) does not attack and is so sweet in her reaction, even though not agreeing with me.

And yet trying to change people in something that they aren't doesn't work, it puts them in depressions. People with autisme were sent to mental hospitals in the past just because they weren't as social as other kids and prefered to have more alone time

True, ppl dont change much in essence, i guess.
Have to disagree somewhat with 'people with autism were sent to mental hospitals'. It depends on which period you are looking at and which autism. I was not talking about any severe form of autism. I was talking about Asperger, which did not exist and which could easily be argued non autistic and a result of modern society. If such ppl existed at all (they should then also exist in all other parts of the world), which is debatable, i dont think in any period in history they were forced into mental institutions, not even some decades ago. The reason for that is that they were no problem. They managed. And life wasnt as hectic as it is today, which made the pressure much less. But i am not seeking discussion here. Just picked something out of a long post that i need to react to globally.

A lot of things you say i recognize. Then again, i guess a lot of ppl will say they recognize a lot.
Im not going to expand too much on that. Im 57, male and had some stickers pasted on me, all which i fought for very hard to get off. And i did, eventually. I know the sector from both sides...

You wrote a very personal experience based reply. I cannot argue over your experiences, bc they are yours. Also, since it is so personal and elaborate i cannot reply with rationality. It would be blunt.

I didnt say all help is detrimental. For some ppl it is probably better and remain better. I took a global pov wrt these modern disorders; where they come from, what they mean and where it leads us. Im not going to do it all over again here, bc i already wasted 3 hours + on this and probably with little result. Then again, i always think, if i only influence 2 ppl a little bit.... then it was worth my time.

As for you, well
I never liked crowds, even though i performed on stage, stood before classes and i could do all that, but i found it increasingly hard as i got older. Come to think about it... i really HATED it when i was in high school. In my twenties i had enough confidence to do it and do it well. After my 40th, i increasingly hated it again. Its not bc i am shy or lack confidence,... i think it is from a very deep mistrust of ppl. And they prooved to me they cannot be trusted. None of them. Not even me.
Thats one of the things life can do to you, if you experience enough nastyness. And i got more than my share.

No, i have no more illusions. None at all. And that makes me avoid ppl. At the same time we need other ppl to stay sane. I increasingly talk more to myself, which imo is a mechanism to stay sane. I talked about it with other ppl that are loners and they all do it. So...
Most ppl have nothing interesting to say anyway. And if they are no where near me, they cant hurt me ;]

Yea, im totally sane ;]
Mocking yourself is also a mechanism to stay sane... mocking is good. If its done with love ;]

Youre probably still very young. Compared to me anyway. Otherwise id might ask you out for a walk along the beach. Virtual, that is.

Id start by saying "dont expect anything". Or "expect everything", bc you never know.

I dont hate ppl. None of em probably, if you really knew them. But i do hate life.
Funny thing is
Last time i talked to a psychiatrist, i told him just that. "I hate life, bc it does not meet my standards. It is faulty at best".
Immediately i thought : Fek, i shouldnt have said that, bc now they have an excuse to say im depressed".
But he agreed ;]

Time to call it quits and get some wowork done.
And dont forget to eat dinner ffs... its 1 am.
Female mammals tend to love their young. Nothing human with that.
Autism/Racist/Cancer are all thrown around by morons that don't know anything about the language they are trying to use.
It's fair to assume that people that use words like this willy-nilly are high in ignorance and low in education.
Why u crying over words? 2018 year of im offended by everything u say....

Who gives a crap? Like that guy said "!@#$" "fag" "gay" have all been used and used against people that were full on straight. Its just a word to give you some gip for fking up.

People just cry over anything these days look at all the people in this thread crying saying theyre just kids and such blah blah... no they are normal people... its normal. Is like saying %^-* i just went full retard... your not upsetting anyone saying that the only people who get upset are sjws... no one cares.

For this being an eu forum most of you go on like Americans. Ive never met anyone who would cry if he was called autistic. 99% of guilds who stream the game will tell the guy who fks up he has autism... who gets upset about? coz he agrees.... he messed up its just a word used for it. Only little cry babys like u lot making a massice deal about it give a crap.

Grow the fk up... soon saying hello will be an insult to you lot.
07/10/2018 02:18Posted by Hosomaki

Who gives a crap? Like that guy said "!@#$" "fag" "gay" have all been used and used against people that were full on straight. Its just a word to give you some gip for fking up.

People just cry over anything these days look at all the people in this thread crying saying theyre just kids and such blah blah... no they are normal people... its normal. Is like saying %^-* i just went full retard... your not upsetting anyone saying that the only people who get upset are sjws... no one cares.

For this being an eu forum most of you go on like Americans. Ive never met anyone who would cry if he was called autistic. 99% of guilds who stream the game will tell the guy who fks up he has autism... who gets upset about? coz he agrees.... he messed up its just a word used for it. Only little cry babys like u lot making a massice deal about it give a crap.

I'm sure you are proud of your 'hardness' and your 'edginess' but tbh you're just another tinterweb dweeb trying to appear bigger online than you are IRL. There are no tears in this thread. No sobbing or crying. No pain or despair. Just simply a case of some people being morons Vs some people not being morons.
P.S. Be careful not to cut yourself.
07/10/2018 02:34Posted by Joblob

I'm sure you are proud of your 'hardness' and your 'edginess' but tbh you're just another tinterweb dweeb trying to appear bigger online than you are IRL. There are no tears in this thread. No sobbing or crying. No pain or despair. Just simply a case of some people being morons Vs some people not being morons.

I dont use words like that and since you did everyone can see youre an sjw ans if you dont know youre crying by posting that then i dunno wtf to tell you... grow up.
Well, this thread certainly went places. Gotta say it is rather amusing to see, if at the same time a little alarming/upsetting what kind of nonsense is being typed. Especially the parts where people try to be pseudo-intellectuals with long-winded speeches. Nothing against longer posts, but good lord. Have some mercy.

06/10/2018 22:46Posted by Darthtoon
there is people which say autism is the next step in human evolution, i'm not autistic myself but i know a few people who are in real life and once they find something they are good at they are the best at it.

if someone calls you autistic take it as a compliment , we all should wish to be as dedicated and good at one subject in our lives.

To some degree I would say that it is an evolutionary step for humanity. I find that I tend to do pretty good in videogames, and I excel at English ans creative writing.

Just.. Don't put me on any pedestals, please. Modern media seems to have a kink for wanting to put people woth differences on some kind of pedestals that make them out as something mlre than what thex really are.
07/10/2018 02:39Posted by Hosomaki
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I dont use words like that and since you did everyone can see youre an sjw ans if you dont know youre crying by posting that then i dunno wtf to tell you... grow up.

'I dont use words like that and since you did' ... words like what? I used the words dweeb and morons. is that what you mean by that?
'everyone can see youre an sjw' ... actually i'm a beer drinking !@# spanking tory crying out for harsher sentences for law breakers.
'ans if you dont know youre cryin' ... OIC now you're one of those types that think just because you say it makes it so ... well sorry bubba but there aint no tears over here and there aint likely to be none either unless they put 'the champ' film on tv cos that movie always messes me up.
'then i dunno wtf to tell you... grow up.' ... i turn 40 on the 11th so i guess i'm pretty much grown up so your words don't mean diddly squat.
I'm gonna take a guess that you were bullied during your childhood? If you need i can get you a helpline phone # if u need?
There are a lot of people who ten or fifteen years ago would have just been classified as !@#$ holes, or jerks or whatever version of 'person whom is irritating to be around' you care to name.

Then said people started self diagnosing as Autistic, and everyone was supposed to nod their heads emphatically and just let them get away with being an %^-* hole.

"This person who keeps going back to a subject that you all agreed to drop, again and again, insisting they are right due to some obscure take on it? He's not an !@#$ hole, you can't be mad at him, can't dislike him, you've got to tolerate it, he's Autistic."

That is where the word being used as an insult comes from, in my experience.
To be good at wow you gotta have autism

Why do u think every1 in top end guilds are autistic :^)

Autism and Memes are what we live for
07/10/2018 02:34Posted by Joblob

Oh hush it.
Your explanation was wrong and your position is wrong.
If you had cared to read up, for instance in this thread, you might have learned a few things.

The person you replied to was right. It was blunt maybe, but 100 % correct.
Deal with it.

Relax. I have stated several times that I am not offended by it. Just was curious about origin of it as an insult in the community.