After watching PBD tournament videos.

Arenas
all classes are viable in pvp, you can see there monks, shamans, warriors, warlocks, priests, death knights, and all the rest. they are all competitive and doing well at tournaments. just find the right comp and master your class.
Thanks for the tip, random guy with 0 arena achievements.
14/10/2018 16:13Posted by Necrotiq
Thanks for the tip, random guy with 0 arena achievements.

I'm a new player and not playing ranked yet but cant help not watching all the cry in the forum.
I dont need expirience to know that if someone can play a specifiec class well, than other people can too.
If you haven't played why would I need your opinion ?

Like giving tips for driving when you yourself have no driver's license? Are you daft?
14/10/2018 16:51Posted by Zeleik

Like giving tips for driving when you yourself have no driver's license? Are you daft?
Guess he goes by the "single man give the best relationship advice" motto.

its an opinion and i believe i'm free to say mine.
also its not a tip, learn the difference?
14/10/2018 17:17Posted by Royb

we dont like people like you around here

Maybe you can learn to read.

And your opinion is of no relevance here whatsoever, since you don't even play.
It being competitive and viable are two different things, sure its played competitive, alot of stuff is. But is it viable vs the rest? Not really no alot of classes are lacking in areas and you will get swapped out for another class which can do your classes's job better or will find your self simply at a competitive disadvantage due to a comp simply being better than yours cause thats how much more their comp is / classes are viable compared to yours. Prime examples. Death knight, holy priest, outlaw rogue (legion) etc. Also this is the internet your opinion is not cared for if you have no game knowledge / exp.

And people are free to not value your opinion and tell you so because you have no experience to back it up.

For instance, extrapolating what is viable and not based on a tournament isn't such a good idea. It has been proven many times that tournaments and ladders are 2 different world.

For instance, you might want to bring a class/spec into a fight because this class counters a specific comp that you are facing. The class / spec that you bring could possibly only be good against the specific comp that you are facing and trash against anything else. It would make your class / spec efficient in a context where 80% of the teams in the tournament play that comp you are facing, but terribly bad in the ladder.

DKs and Locks need some love. I don't care if some R1 players can make it work in tournaments against specific comps where they have some room to shine. It is perfectly obvious that these classes need some buff to their survivability at the very least. DK is a melee class forced to kite 7/7 24/24 to survive even non burst damages. Locks are way too easy to train and shut down and tunneling them is too profitable.

Oh and finally, in case you would be asking yourself : no the earth is not flat...
They can counter comp.
Sounds like Ion try to defend his dirty work.