[BLIZZARD DEV TEAM] Changes for Casuals & Hardcore Players

General
1.Interdict wowhead and sites of the kind from posting all the leaks so people can get excited at a finished product instead of all this unfinished data-mining, it is a form of hacking into the game files to extract information, which last i checked is against TOS.We all know that if you want to do it Blizzard you can since you can shut down private servers You can tell sites like wow head to stop data mining unfinished and un polished info which makes a lot of people who don't understand how things work in the development stages think that what they see is what they get when something is unfinished.

2.Prevent sites from showing how to complete quests so people have to figure it out on their own or ask other players or form parties and figure it out. Stop PTR players from posting how to beat a boss before its even out. people are just not figuring things out for themselves let the first week have people just struggle like it was so they aren't feed the info on how to do things before the raid/dungeon/etc is even out

3.Make LFR close difficulty to normal raiding in difficulty

4.Stop releasing patches that are under 10GB of content, we are paying a good chunk of money to buy the game and to rent the accounts monthly so we deserve proper amounts of content.

4.Work on one thing at a time with the whole team finish it polish it and push it out thus keeping content weekly or monthly coming in. I know this bit kind of contradicts the previous one in a few ways but, this weekly/monthly updates of content don't have to be raids, dungeons. You can push out cosmetic events NPC X sends you to gather 10 bones from undead in Scholomance etc things of the sort your reward is to pick from this 10 cool looking wand transmogs next week swords etc and keep it on a rotation for anything that can be transmoged.

5.Work with twitch/youtube people get them under a contract tell them the ideas you have and don't allow them to release the info so they stop speculating on everything and getting people angry and rioting, a good portion of the player base listens to this big twitchers and youtubers so why not prevent the harm ahead of time, let them know whats coming tell them your ideas and such.

6.Bring back in game GameMasters, letting people see that they are still around and that they are indeed keeping an eye on things, send them around in raids, in major cities people like seeing that game outfit of old but as usual don't let them do anything other than teleport themselves and fly around and adjust their own speed to prevent GM abuse from the past.

7. Titanforge/warforge scaled back to base drop value in Rated PvP Arena/Battlegrounds, but not in world pvp.

8. Split the apperance of raid armor across all the raid dificulties, you want to complete the entire transmog set? well then better be a seriouse raider for it this way we bring back the value of high tier raiding you see someone with a complete set you know they are really raiding.

9. Make LFR just drop just trinkets/rings/amuletes/bracers and they cannot warforge or titanforge the forging should honestly only be in heroic or mythic raiding no reason to have it anywhere else

10. Rebuild a proper team of testers and don't update PTR with anything that ain't finished and polished.

11. photo of a potato for long post

Most of this will just time gates everything based on each players time of play time you can either get things when it releases if your a hardcore player or get it at the end of the exp or next exp if you are to casual.

I know not everyone will agree with most of this, mainly the people who have about 2 hours day to play but that is fine, i understand a lot of people have families and such, reaosn you can get your transmogs and to see the fights the next expantion when you are overgearing it
11 ideas, & not a single one of them is any good.

All you are doing is trying to make the game more Elitist.

If you want to be elitist stick to Mythic Raiding & M+10 or higher.
I dont get the reason behind those suggestions... Like what is the intent? What those 11 points have anything to do with improving the game?
They are not elitiest they are merit and time spent. everyone can get everything in time as long as they want something. no reason everyone should rush thru all the content in day 1
I dont care about raid. I play LFR just to seeing the environment. Playin seriously ofc and not afking.
So let the damn LFR as it is.
I have 1\2 hours to play \day. The only thing need a serious rework is the RNG roulette that need to be reversed to TBC drop mode (no purple till high end content).
23/10/2018 14:57Posted by Goreeth
I dont get the reason behind those suggestions... Like what is the intent? What those 11 points have anything to do with improving the game?

What do you mean why? is so everyone gets along everyone can get everything they want with time. people keep saying on streams youtube and here that aw yeah raiders this pvpers that this changes would make everyone get what ever they want in time
1. I don't really see what difference it makes that information is data mined.

2. This is utterly pointless. Most of the built in helper shows you where to go and what to do. I generally only have to look up a quest when it's not working and you can see it's either bugged or how to circumvent the bug to get it to work.

3. LFR is a free for all anyone can access level

4. Not really sure of the point of this one either.

4. Two point 4s xD. Every week we have a do this for bla reward, it's the weekly quest. Like this week was TW.

5. This is such a bad idea. When you control all the media you are a dictator. This is the worst kind of news.

6. I fail to see the point of this. I mean you're basically suggesting an NPC wandering about in the game and expect GMs to monitor raids?!? I'd rather they were dealing with issues with the game.

7. I'm no fan of TF/WF and would gladly see it gone but not sure what your point is with PvP.

8. We have different recolours for different difficulties. Now that they've removed tier sets, we have four recolours of fugly.

9. They tried this before made LFR very undesirable. You have nothing to lose by offering the same stuff in LFR at a lower ilvl. Just strikes me as pure elitism.

10. You seem to imagine testers don't give feedback. Lots of beta testers gave lots of feedback about many issues that still made it to the live game.
23/10/2018 14:08Posted by Zieera

2.Prevent sites from showing how to complete quests so people have to figure it out on their own or ask other players or form parties and figure it out.

And once it's been figured out then what, ask Blizzard to block youtube channels?
23/10/2018 15:02Posted by Punyelf
1. I don't really see what difference it makes that information is data mined.
Add a NDA to data-mined information, mebbe? Publishing data-mined results that never make it to a live version of the game is part of the source of a lot of the Forum QQ; because the general public can't be trusted to NOT accept data - mined from test versions of the game - as concrete fact that said data will make the live version/patch.

Data from some test versions of content - esp. Expansion Alpha/Beta - should never be allowed to be data-mined.
I can see where you're coming from, back when there was no data sites and early/beta guides, guilds had to figure out how to do a boss by wipping on it few times, everyone in the raid discussing tactics and proposing things, leaders were talking with other guild leaders and sharing some viewpoints to help progress, it was a more socialy active community. Now try and come to raid without reading/watching fatboss guides, enjoy your kick.

Same for world content in general, before, guild chat was always going on, players asking stuff and others answering, you can be wondering in the wild and get a random whisper asking you something, now you can google everything, even where to find that last cockroach missing for your achievement, and guildies are 24/7 on discord or other, if you're not on discord, it feels like you're in a dead guild, even tho 30 people are online, miss me some green text tbh.

But you can't change that back, it's too deep and players are used to this easy life.
23/10/2018 14:08Posted by Zieera
Most of this will just time gates everything

Exactly what players hate artificial time gates ,you do not have a clue what you are on about and you do not know the player base in general because if you did you would not have posted so much illiterate drivel in one post.
23/10/2018 15:48Posted by Jaelaana
Exactly what players hate artificial time gates ,you do not have a clue what you are on about and you do not know the player base in general because if you did you would not have posted so much illiterate drivel in one post.

Only people who don't play the game hate it, im not talking about having things time-gated that only 10% of the people get it. but at the moment why should people who barely even login get to get the same gear as players who play casual but are still raiding heroic ? why shouldn't the heroic raider look better than the lfr or non raider? since they are investing more time into it?

it's easy you have 2 hours a day to play?
You will look like you have 2 hours a day to play and others who play the same can recognize you and you guys can play with each other.

You will look the same time you invest, in reality you don't cant afford good looking clothing if you don't work for money to buy them. in a fantasy world that would be driven like the world of warcraft is you would not get your hands on that high stats and magical gear without putting the time in to prepare for going to slay that dragon or going to this forgotten place where evil lurks because you knew you would not get out of there alive so you would prepare for a good while to go there. i swear people are not playing fantasy games the way fantasy games should be played there is no point in getting everything on day 1 it's not fantasy it's just gear stacking if so play diablo you can stack all the gear 24/7 play overwatch you have no fantasay to deal with there just pick up something already geared and play
23/10/2018 16:04Posted by Zieera
23/10/2018 15:48Posted by Jaelaana

Only people who don't play the game hate it, im not talking about having things time-gated that only 10% of the people get it. but at the moment why should people who barely even login get to get the same gear as players who play casual but are still raiding heroic ? why shouldn't the heroic raider look better than the lfr or non raider? since they are investing more time into it?

it's easy you have 2 hours a day to play?
You will look like you have 2 hours a day to play and others who play the same can recognize you and you guys can play with each other.

You will look the same time you invest, in reality you don't cant afford good looking clothing if you don't work for money to buy them. in a fantasy world that would be driven like the world of warcraft is you would not get your hands on that high stats and magical gear without putting the time in to prepare for going to slay that dragon or going to this forgotten place where evil lurks because you knew you would not get out of there alive so you would prepare for a good while to go there. i swear people are not playing fantasy games the way fantasy games should be played there is no point in getting everything on day 1 it's not fantasy it's just gear stacking if so play diablo you can stack all the gear 24/7 play overwatch you have no fantasay to deal with there just pick up something already geared and play

Yet another inane rant i'm not sure if you are being serious or ironic .Who really cares what other people wear and how they look most people mog to how they want anyways .

And i think you find people from all different parts of the game hate time gating so please spare me the "it's only those who do not play" .

I am truly sorry but your posts i find hilarious as you are so out of touch with the playerbase .
I do agree about data mining hurting the excitement for the game a lot. Also, addons like Deadly Boss Mods are severely detrimental to raiding. Blizzard are forced to design encounters around DBM which leads to boring, predictable content where everything boils down to following the manual and fixed timing. Without DBM, and with random timers/triggers on boss abilities, even Normal raiding would feel epic and challenging.
23/10/2018 16:14Posted by Mielikkí
Yet another inane rant i'm not sure if you are being serious or ironic .Who really cares what other people wear and how they look most people mog to how they want anyways .

And i think you find people from all different parts of the game hate time gating so please spare me the "it's only those who do not play" .

I am truly sorry but your posts i find hilarious as you are so out of touch with the playerbase .

You really think that? when you are going to be in orgrimmar and old transmog and looking old and outdated and the raiders have this shiny hd current content armor that they did not need to transmog ? ofc this will depend a lot on the blizzard art team making things look exceptionally good. I don't know if you are aware but games with really good cosmetics make really good money since people love their cosmetics a lot.

But since you are not even commenting with your main character il just take it your a lvl 8 pleb who doesn't even know anything about the game
23/10/2018 16:17Posted by Zieera
23/10/2018 16:14Posted by Mielikkí

You really think that? when you are going to be in orgrimmar and old transmog and looking old and outdated and the raiders have this shiny hd current content armor that they did not need to transmog ? ofc this will depend a lot on the blizzard art team making things look exceptionally good. I don't know if you are aware but games with really good cosmetics make really good money since people love their cosmetics a lot.

But since you are not even commenting with your main character il just take it your a lvl 8 pleb who doesn't even know anything about the game

1)You are vain
2)I wear the mog I LIKE not for other's
3)The art team for armour this expac and the removal of tier sets has been a major let down so no the "new shiny hd" ones we have atm are awful imho.

The person posting on a lvl 8 char has exactly the same right to post as me and you btw so do not be so dismissive and please do not go around calling people plebs it really is not needed grow up .
a but it is needed since he is not posting on his main im just assuming he is a lvl 8 who has not idea about the game like iv said when i say tier i mean the raid tier look, regardless if its not classified as a tier it's still in the same transmog outfit
23/10/2018 16:31Posted by Zieera
but it is needed

No it is not needed at all ,it makes no difference to the points he/she was making about the game .
As for mog /tier looks i rather they focus on more serious issues in the game.

Please before you insult anyone again realize it makes any points you have invalid and moot.
I wouldn't be caught dead in the armors they have produced this expansion from raiding.
You can keep it!
23/10/2018 16:39Posted by Uldurin
I wouldn't be caught dead in the armors they have produced this expansion from raiding.
You can keep it!

that is why the art team need to step up their game making make exceptional looking armor and ask the community in each class section their ideals or hold competitions for freelance artists if their team has lost imagination