Priority targets (DPS or healer) in 2v2

Arenas
Hi, so I’m a novice arena player trying to get to 1600 for the moment. The thing is, I have a lot of trouble choosing when to go for the healer and when for the DPS.

I know it depends on the specific comp and that you should switch at certain times, but could you help me make a simple, short list to start? I’ll list the healers and say if I should focus them or the DPS, and you correct me:

Disc Priest + DPS: focus on the Disc. This is the one that I think have more clear, since when I focus the Disc they cannot DPS me or heal effectively, plus they have very low mobility which goes well with a Ret in your face. Plus they are not that tanky after the nerf.

Resto Druid + DPS: focus on the DPS and set up CC chains on the resto for burst windows on the DPS to try and sneak a kill. If I focus them thhey have a ton on defensives (ironbark, treeform), bear mode plus loads of mobility; i find them quite unkillable. Am I correct?

Resto Shaman + DPS: focus on the Resto Shaman. They arr quite squishy from what I’ve seen and they’ll Hex you otherwise, although they have quite a lot of mobility so its hard to be on top of them. Nor sure about this one.

Holy Paladin + DPS: focus on the DPS and CC the Paladin. Palas are super tanky but quite vulnerable to stuns and since they are very inmobile you can try and train the DPS out of their LoS. Correct?

Mistweaver Monk: honestly, no idea. I almost never win against these guys, they seem to have HUGE single target healing and a ton of mobility. So I cannot kill them, and neither the DPS haha. Maybe focus on the DPS after all?

I think I covered most of the Healer comps in 2v2.

I appreciate your help, guys!

-Danteh
Hi, any help please?
There's no one clear way.

Vs druid you can take repent and repent out of HoJ (they are immune to repent in shapeshift form) to try and score a kill, however if you keep switching on hots you will get good pressure.

You should play repentance in 2s, even if they stop it that means it's harder to stop your healer, who will most likely have cc or a big heal.
26/10/2018 20:38Posted by Daddyghoul
There's no one clear way.

Vs druid you can take repent and repent out of HoJ (they are immune to repent in shapeshift form) to try and score a kill, however if you keep switching on hots you will get good pressure.

You should play repentance in 2s, even if they stop it that means it's harder to stop your healer, who will most likely have cc or a big heal.

Ive tried repentance but it kinda sucks against melee cause of the casting time and you lose a lot of DPS while doing it. I really do like the 30 sec cooldown HoJs though.

So there’s never a clear pattern on when to focus the healers? Oh well :(
You wanna play hammer of reckoning pvp talent and get as many azerite pieces for wings give mastery trait. Gear up for full mastery. That way whenever you have wings, big wings 2min cd, or small wings 1min cd, you do huge burst damage with executioner and wake of ashes. You can global someone in a Hammer of Justice easily if you crit and your healer helps a bit with dmg. I believe ret is best with disc.

I'm not sure of the 2s meta as ret disc but you deal with monks by oneshotting them in the hoj. :) Before they teleport away. You can not really outdps monk heals, either you cc them and kill friend or kill the monk in a stun.

Rdruid I believe its best to do hoj+fear combo on him with 20yard hoj talent and hit the dps.

Rsham if he gets ghostwolfing around pillar gl killing him, hoj+fear combo and kill dps works.

Disc I guess you can train a disc to death but it can be troublesome.

Holy palas die in stuns easily, they can not bop hoj because its magical and not physical. So they have 1 trinket and 1 bubble. You can hit the dps and whenever you have hoj do a swap on the holypala. :) Going dps with holypala is risky because of blessing of sacrifice which extends the game a lot.