Changes already

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
24/10/2018 15:44Posted by Kuunmaku
I'm #nochanges on most important points, but I don't see how little tuning/remastering would break the game for someone eg. autoloot.

The important thing is that it plays, looks and feels like vanilla WoW. If it looks like vanilla WoW, but with more pixels it's just great not only the nostalgia, but a brand new game too. In the single player market remastered games have been the best for sometime already, subjective sure. I'm very glad that we are getting them in online environment also.

I want them to implement Azerite gear! That really floats my boat!!! And also kill all professions cause they were boring and slooowwww to farm/level but doing the same damn world quest for a stupid rep isn't ;-p

Also, lets do LFR/LFG so we have 0 community feel. I mean, if you would say hi in LFR/LFG you get voted for kick.
24/10/2018 14:48Posted by Goldra
For over a year we have screamed for no changes and already changes has started.

In these new screenshots and gameplay footage we clearly see a autoloot option in the settings as well as bfa graphics settings.

This is huge for me cause these things were never in vanilla so the game won't feel the same.

Point is, these things never existed in Vanilla so they shouldn't be in the game. If you want auto loot and updated graphics go play bfa.

As I said it wont be classic and it wont stay classic.

And I was right, as usually...
This classic thing will be a big fail. Since people have said no changes from the moment they announced it and they have made big changes.

I mean it's 2018 FFS what happened to no changes.

Why blizz? why did you change the year? How can it be an authentic classic experience if it's not 2005/2006?

Since you decided to release this in 2018/2019 it's not vanilla anymore, it's a completed deal breaker for nearly everyone. Please rethink this and release it in the 2004-2006 period instead.
Wait, are they using the new models and animations, and not the old, authentic ones?
24/10/2018 22:49Posted by Vezran
Wait, are they using the new models and animations, and not the old, authentic ones?

No.
24/10/2018 22:58Posted by Агграэль
24/10/2018 22:49Posted by Vezran

No.

Good.
The reason I don t play Diablo 2 anymore, also other games I used to like not made by Blizz is the lack of a remaster.
I would love to play classic with all the updated graphics and models from retail version, I would love even better graphics than in retail, a sort of next gen graphics they use now on the top single player RPGs. ...
That s why I am so glad they added an off/on option to have better modern graphics (light/textures) for those who want this. Also I am sure most of the those yelling now against new graphics will end up playing on the new ones at one point.

And again, about autoloot option, really, what Slippery slope?Now autoloot and after 1 year instant 60 boosts and transmog? WTF!
24/10/2018 15:02Posted by Goldra
That alone will be a huge difference in leveling speed. To have right clicking automatically auto loot the corpse.

What? No, what makes levelling speed slow in vanilla is killing the mob, not looting the mob. In addition, you could have had an addon for autoloot. I am glad they added it because I don't need million of addons for everything. Now auto-dismount pls. :D
Oh it is so stupid topic. Just look at Linege2 classic or Ragnarok classic. They changed their games a lot. And people likes it even more than back in the days. So I wont complain about BFA models, new textures or autollot option :D. Just let me play my old 2H enh shaman with old stats and talents.
You are really saying that holding down shift will take longer??? You must be joking.

This is huge for me cause these things were never in vanilla so the game won't feel the same.

Vanilla will never feel the same. Jesus Christ oh Lord some of you people are legit crazy. Seek help. Just like you cannot see a movie for the first time ever again, you will never be able to play Vanilla for the first time ever again. It's done okay? It's in the past.

I started playing in june 2005 and I don't care about this meme Classic project because there is no way to relive those days if that is what you care about. Now if you are normal in the head and you wanna play Vanilla for Vanilla's sake ( combat, game play, quests, story, raids etc. ) that's perfectly fine, but don't think for a split second that things will be the same even if they literally had the possibility to copy/paste the old game.

Vanilla is done, get over it.
For over a year we have screamed for no changes and already changes has started.

In these new screenshots and gameplay footage we clearly see a autoloot option in the settings as well as bfa graphics settings.

Point is, these things never existed in Vanilla so they shouldn't be in the game. If you want auto loot and updated graphics go play bfa.

heh, classic team has done some excellent work re-creating vanilla when you need to take small thing like this and make it seem like a big deal.

so far so good, let's hope feedback like these are the only thing we have to deal with, regarding "not like vanilla !"
24/10/2018 15:02Posted by Goldra
That alone will be a huge difference in leveling speed. To have right clicking automatically auto loot the corpse.

you are right, people who is using this option will spend even longer leveling, because picking up stuff not worth picking up and having to delete them invidually from inventory to make up room for something more important.

that all being said, i'm not opposing OP nor with him, just saying this is very small detail and you really have to nit pick to make this seem like end of the world.
Hello folks,

I don't mind the auto-loot option because you can still do it manually, however what I don't want is updated graphics. Please let Classic be Classic and if you want improved graphics you can always play retail WoW.
a small convenience here and small convenience there... its sad to see people accept changes because "i'm so done with shift clicking".. if every !@#$%^ got their little quality of life change in, we'd be playing bfa again.
25/10/2018 08:49Posted by Fyrapan
Please let Classic be Classic

This is obviously fine but

if you want improved graphics you can always play retail WoW

isn't an argument. It's like "if you don't like it go home".

There are plenty of things you could do around Vanilla (the vast majority of which I would oppose, by the way) that have nothing to do with retail because they are drastically different starting points.

Even around "don't touch anything" there's a lot to discuss, so don't dismiss people's opinions just because they don't belong to a certain category.
25/10/2018 08:57Posted by Kyph
Please let Classic be Classic

This is obviously fine but

if you want improved graphics you can always play retail WoW

isn't an argument. It's like "if you don't like it go home".

There are plenty of things you could do around Vanilla (the vast majority of which I would oppose, by the way) that have nothing to do with retail because they are drastically different starting points.

Even around "don't touch anything" there's a lot to discuss, so don't dismiss people's opinions just because they don't belong to a certain category.

I totally understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but the fact of the matter is that this is about Vanilla WoW and to make it as authentic as possible and therefor updated graphics while it's only client based it's still a big change from how the game was back then.

Also not to mention that the new details looks weird and not fitting with the old character models and animations which they will keep.

Yes I understand that Vanilla & retail WoW is like two different games but you will just have to live with the changes that comes with each version of the game. I don't go on retail forums and ask them to change things as they were 10 years ago because that's not the vision or purpose of that game anymore, hence them providing with two versions of the game so you can enjoy as they are supposed to be.
25/10/2018 08:29Posted by Daysofwrath

Vanilla will never feel the same. Jesus Christ oh Lord some of you people are legit crazy. Seek help. Just like you cannot see a movie for the first time ever again, you will never be able to play Vanilla for the first time ever again. It's done okay? It's in the past.

I started playing in june 2005 and I don't care about this meme Classic project because there is no way to relive those days if that is what you care about. Now if you are normal in the head and you wanna play Vanilla for Vanilla's sake ( combat, game play, quests, story, raids etc. ) that's perfectly fine, but don't think for a split second that things will be the same even if they literally had the possibility to copy/paste the old game.

Vanilla is done, get over it.

We need about a million more of these threads/post saying "You think you want it but you dont" and stressing that it's nostalgia and nothing is new anymore. We only have a billion of them already, so please increase the production.

But just to be clear, you are telling me people WONT make Chuck Norris jokes in the chat and emos wont be walking outside my windows? No reason to play then I guess...
Hello folks,

I don't mind the auto-loot option because you can still do it manually, however what I don't want is updated graphics. Please let Classic be Classic and if you want improved graphics you can always play retail WoW.

If you don't want new graphics, you can toggle old graphics manually.
You could literally get the post-2.0 auto loot experience with a keyboard macro to toggle-lock the Shift key.

This slippery slope argument is ridiculous.
25/10/2018 09:47Posted by Hottage
You could literally get the post-2.0 auto loot experience with a keyboard macro to toggle-lock the Shift key.

This slippery slope argument is ridiculous.

Then why add in that auto loot thing in the menu settings? Why? It never existed in vanilla so why have it in?

#NoChanges