Any horde main that actually loves Baine?

Story
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next
For me it's clear what the majority Horde wants not a good story where all sides are presented:

-Peace: Baine and Lor'themar (yes see how he acts, he only supports the wars if Sylvanas threathens him)
-Honor: Saurfang and Rokhan
-War/Power: Sylvanas and Gallywix.

The only thing our story is suffering from, is the crap from Blizzard being unable to give us good motivation into what is supposed to be the ultimate Alliance vs Horde xpac. But no, half assed! "So sorry we went bad again we need to punsih ourself another time by throwing the next rebellion!" will not do it this time. Not again.

Also you got Lor'themar wrong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZCOS33USC4
28/10/2018 22:51Posted by Todrazok
Well if horde don't want peace like Baine is proposing, even if one of its calculated leaders such as Nathanos said how the alliance is tightening the grip around it and when the defeats for it will become more inevitable and they are for more warmongering which would lead ultimately to more casualties on both sides which will their madqueen want to turn into more legions of her zombie armies (by doing this she is turning more and more into lichqueen untill she becomes as corrupted as Arthas) than maybe its the time for Blizzard to stop with the plot-shielding of the horde and to let the army of the light finally use the Xenedar on the Orgrimmar with the support of our lady Jaina Proudmoore and the rest of the alliance army.

Come at us! Our new Mag'har Allies will prepare a warm welcome for the Draenei!

https://i.imgur.com/cOqNF6i.png

Good to know, I think how we should also inform the Yrel of that because she might start doing to them the same thing as she does to the rest of them in AU Draenor currently.

Also the members of the army of the light did fought bravely the burning legion for thousand of years so there is no reason for them now to be afraid of some mag'har orcs.
'wrong'

He had peace talks, he even almost even rejoined the Alliance which only backfired thanks to Garrosh (by shifting evidence of blame to the Sunrreavers). No, believe me he is tired of war, he started trying to restore peace even before Wrath with the high elves in the Alliance, Dalaran and the ones which were neutral (but they all spat him in his face after he exiled them). Varian and him talked alot aswell. Besides they still have half a city atleast to repair, why would he want war?

The people who want war are Gallywix (money), Sylvanas (more Forsaken), usually the orcs with their short tempers and well Genn and the other Gilneans were till the latest novel kinda mad at the Forsaken as a whole. Brings me to a point, did Brennadam make Genn mad again? I want to see that 1vs1 of Genn vs Sylvanas and him ripping said head straight off.

Edit: But Saurfang deserves it aswell. Genn (the Old Wolf) + Saurfang (the War Veteran) vs Sylvanas + Nanthanos. No trickery and a fight to the death.
I love him...

on a plate...
with pepper sauce...
not talking
28/10/2018 07:09Posted by Garroona
I have still hope for Baine.
But at the moment he is nothing like his father,he has much to learn.
Cairne if alive would have done mak'gora with Sylvanas ages ago.
He was peaceful but also a tauren of action.
He fought for the Horde but also for what he believed in even if it was up against his own Warchief even if it would mean his own death which it was who knows the outcome if Magatha had not poisened Cairne?

But I blame Blizzard for this. Instead of building lore and focused on our Tauren already within the Horde they just worked on bringing focus on other Taurens like,Taunka(but those I like should have been allied before highmountains even more unique Tauren model)Yangols,Feltotems and Hightmountain.

We have not had real lore about our Taurens since Baine sent that Sunwalker to Pandaria in search for a promised land.
What a grand failure that was for that Tauren Sunwalker. Lost his wife,crushed one of his twin sons. Gave up other to red crane for a future Blizzard left unknown no true end there. He himself addicted to Arakkoa sun crystals in WoD. Later seen as npc follower in Legion Paladin order hall so might given up his addiction?
That single tauren had more lore(while sad but cool) than say entire Horde Tauren and Baine alltogether.
We never seen Baine's character grow,the few lore we heared about him takes place in novels which few players read.
Say few knows he actually saved Garrosh life as it's not shown ingame.

If that Mulgore Warfront is real I hope canon is Alliance destroy it. Making Taurens a nomadic race again as seen in WC3,perhaps that would open up for some future cool lore in finding a new home for his people like Cairne did when he joined up with the Horde first time.
Maybe moving to their highmountain cousins but I rather not our Taurens is not mountain dwellers so I rather have them be nomadic finding a new way of life instead.
Sitting in same barred off Mulgore by a giant wall has made them weak.
Out and live and figth in the world again.
Peace is good but you will have to earn it by fighting ethier alliance or crazed Warchiefs.

That's a very good review of this situation, I was also advocating for tauren to get some love because as you mentioned last time they had their own story for themselves was with Dawnchaser expedition in Pandaria.

They drastically need some proper story and motivations going for them. In Vanilla they had more stuff than DS trolls going for them and now they're just bland side kick that doesn't have much to say.

It's sad really. Most people talk about defanged nelves and Tyrande, but rarely anyone mentions lost tauren warrior culture and how Thrall got screwed up. Up to WotLK people loved that orc.
29/10/2018 01:07Posted by Zakkaru
That's a very good review of this situation, I was also advocating for tauren to get some love because as you mentioned last time they had their own story for themselves was with Dawnchaser expedition in Pandaria.

They drastically need some proper story and motivations going for them. In Vanilla they had more stuff than DS trolls going for them and now they're just bland side kick that doesn't have much to say.

It's sad really. Most people talk about defanged nelves and Tyrande, but rarely anyone mentions lost tauren warrior culture and how Thrall got screwed up. Up to WotLK people loved that orc.
I can see the Night Elves and Tauren leaving the factions and going back to their roots, those 2 races are well... no words for it even. I will say it like this the lore about them is 100% contradictory with how they are portrait ingame!
29/10/2018 01:39Posted by Destruct
I can see the Night Elves and Tauren leaving the factions and going back to their roots, those 2 races are well... no words for it even. I will say it like this the lore about them is 100% contradictory with how they are portrait ingame!

I don't think that Tauren are as close with Night elves as you think they are. Only since vanilla their druids cooperated but other than that there were centuries of distrust, alienation and even contempt.

You can read about it in war of shifting sands and remember that Tauren were almost extinct by the time of WC3 because nelves refused to aid them.
I miss Cairne...

He would have been the Warchief we needed, but no, Blizzard had to kill him of because well, if you plan to make the Horde the pure evil faction, you cant have leaders like Cairne, Thrall or Vol'Jin, who care more about the Horde than they care about being cartoon villains...
29/10/2018 01:46Posted by Zakkaru

I don't think that Tauren are as close with Night elves as you think they are. Only since vanilla their druids cooperated but other than that there were centuries of distrust, alienation and even contempt.

You can read about it in war of shifting sands and remember that Tauren were almost extinct by the time of WC3 because nelves refused to aid them.
I don't mean buddy buddy, but they shared Stonetalon in peace for example.

Well After Battle in Undercity Baine and his taurens are mostly chilling.
Rescue mission from SW - Nightbourne, Highmoutnain Tauren, Forsaken, Troll,
Arathi Warfront - Orcs and some Trolls, + bonus Lady Liadrin as 1 of 3 commanders
Darkshore Warfront - Forsakens
Baine is chilling in Zulzadar, speaking about peace.
We can see some Taurens in Horde cities but they are mostly Highmountain Taurens.
29/10/2018 02:26Posted by Destruct
I don't mean buddy buddy, but they shared Stonetalon in peace for example.

Now that you speak of Stonetalon it made me miss very much it's vanilla version.
Who else is gonna try Vanilla server?
I have a friend that likes him, he doesn't care about lore, so he sees a big bull and thinks that's awesome.

The ones that pay attention to lore don't like him.

It is a shame they aren't making him more like his father, he should work with Sylvanas to rule the horde better for both sides.
Sadly it won't happen, and she will be the third WC in a row that the writers throw to the dumpsters. Truly depressing.
29/10/2018 10:25Posted by Anrï

Sadly it won't happen, and she will be the third WC in a row that the writers throw to the dumpsters. Truly depressing.

Do not lose hope! The future is not set in stone yet!
Dont let peacelovers ruin your pride!
We will fight to the end my friend!
Lok-tar ogar!
The ones that pay attention to lore don't like him.

Basically this.
The majority of Horde players that like the story, or are invested in Lore, don’t like him.
26/10/2018 17:22Posted by Edgyjojomeme
But is there any hardcore Horde players that actually thinks Baine is cool and does right thing?
It would be nice if he did anything... ever... most he done was recruit antler cows... and thats about it, guy still thinks we are fighting Legion.

He is confused.
It is a shame they aren't making him more like his father, he should work with Sylvanas to rule the horde better for both sides.

Cairne challenged Garrosh to a Mak´gora because of a couple dead druids (and that wasn´t even Garrosh´s doing, but Cairne didn´t know).

If Cairne was alive the burning of Teldrassil would never have happened without either him or Sylvanas being killed.
29/10/2018 12:10Posted by Lightblade

If Cairne was alive the burning of Teldrassil would never have happened without either him or Sylvanas being killed.

And that's why burning the tree first was a mistake.
The humans have been preaching for ages how they wanted to "reclaim Lordaeron", and with Greymane whispering to Anduin's ear it would have been really easy to justify the attack.
All the pieces were there, but instead what we got was a bunch of horde characters acting out of character and alliance characters behaving like useless tacticians. No one got out of Teld->Lord looking good.

With the reversed scenario the alliance would be treated like a threatening force, as the players have been asking for ages, and the horde would have gotten motivation to fight the alliance, which is lacking lately.
29/10/2018 12:32Posted by Anrï
and with Greymane whispering to Anduin's ear

Do remind me of an instance where Greymane was whispering to Anduin's ear, because Sylvanas constantly moans about this, and yet I fail to recall a single instance where he did that.
29/10/2018 12:32Posted by Anrï
29/10/2018 12:10Posted by Lightblade

And that's why burning the tree first was a mistake.
The humans have been preaching for ages how they wanted to "reclaim Lordaeron", and with Greymane whispering to Anduin's ear it would have been really easy to justify the attack.
All the pieces were there, but instead what we got was a bunch of horde characters acting out of character and alliance characters behaving like useless tacticians. No one got out of Teld->Lord looking good.

With the reversed scenario the alliance would be treated like a threatening force, as the players have been asking for ages, and the horde would have gotten motivation to fight the alliance, which is lacking lately.

As long as I like that idea, and i think that after Stormheim it would be logic to continue Worgen vs Forsaken theme conflict...
Starting a war by Alliance its impossible, just imagine that hate train from peacefull alliance playerbase. They need to feel like white knights.