Everything wrong in Demo - listed

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
Ret pala has a bad rep for levelling, so I'd say this was pretty Blizz like lol.
07/11/2018 16:26Posted by Mandanu
How do we get this stickied?

this, we need this topic stickied fast

thanks for posting OP! it was frightening to see how much work classic still needs. (and it was only two zones and a couple of levels you could test...)

- You cannot open chests in combat
- If you summon a new pet when you already control one, your current pet will be dismissed as soon as you start casting the summon.Shouldn't be dismissed until cast is finished.

i think these aren't a bug, as i recall this is how they worked in vanilla. it was lame to accidentally click on the summon making my pet disappear instantly even with canceling the cast, but this is how it worked.

- (Warlock) Pet Behavior: Sometimes it would go attack the corpse of the last thing we killed rather than the current mob.

this is probably a BfA bug, i have experienced it first in this expansion, never before, happens quite a lot

You can use bnet to whisper members of the enemy faction

if you can whisper to a bnet account playing the other faction that is not a bug, if you can whisper to the character of the other faction directly, then it is.
Not being able to open chests in combat is a normal feature, not a bug.
Name plates on mobs an players can be seen from much further away than in Vanilla.

Camera can be zoomed out much further than in Vanilla.
Mining is bugged and you continue to get skill points WAY past the Vanilla levels. As an example, at 140+ when you hover over copper ore veins, the word 'mining' is grey, smelting copper is also greyed out. However, mining copper ore veins will still give a skill point every single time you tap a new node. I thought that in Vanilla once they went grey you ceased to gain skill ups from them?!
Not sure if it was mentioned but:
You can dodge ranged attacks from hunters in pvp, you shouldn't be able to do that.
Does anyone know if Alliance still gets an insane amount of spawning guards on several hubs?
Pin this
I couldnt make a DK but maybe it was bugged just for me
Old Weather Effects?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcJyercsiVQ&t=
Wall of nonsense from mangos user. pserver crowd is mad lol. just return to your northdale and be happy. Blizzard confirmed god knows how many times that they didnt change a number in 1.12 database. They just linked it to modern client system. They told the same thing at presentation at blizzcon and even presented footage of how they achieved it. I have strong feeling that all your knowledge comes from wowhead comments and github/mangos datamining :) Didnt experiensed any of issues you mentioning. Except obvious ones like hunter aarows and swimming(client wise issues).
This list.... Half of it is just joke, half of it are things that should be fixed.
Wall of nonsense from mangos user. pserver crowd is mad lol. just return to your northdale and be happy. Blizzard confirmed god knows how many times that they didnt change a number in 1.12 database. They just linked it to modern client system. They told the same thing at presentation at blizzcon and even presented footage of how they achieved it. I have strong feeling that all your knowledge comes from wowhead comments and github/mangos datamining :) Didnt experiensed any of issues you mentioning. Except obvious ones like hunter aarows and swimming(client wise issues).

Explain 200% critdamage on spells. I dare you.

There's a TON of stuff that is wrong in the Demo, and it's not private server players getting mechanics confused. If you actually think the demo has the mechanics working correctly then you clearly dont know the game very well.
Blizzard might not have changed things in the database but the client might not always be referencing the database correctly, there is a huge list of stuff that isn't 1/1 with the original client.

Classic demo shows the great potential of the project going forward, it's still less accurate than modern private servers where they didn't even have access to the server side data, just the benefit of the original client and a lot of trial/error + years of bugfixing/reporting.
11/11/2018 18:31Posted by Flexidia

There's a TON of stuff that is wrong in the Demo, and it's not private server players getting mechanics confused. If you actually think the demo has the mechanics working correctly then you clearly dont know the game very well.

I guess spell crit damage multiplier is part of engine, not database. Its global "stat" for all spells so its much more effective to implement it once, rather than using same integer 1000 times for each spell separate.
I suspect same goes for some other things like gold drops where blizz might use some unified formula which is different from vanilla and isnt part of old databases.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I guess spell crit damage multiplier is part of engine, not database. Its global "stat" for all spells so its much more effective to implement it once, rather than using same integer 1000 times for each spell separate.
I suspect same goes for some other things like gold drops where blizz might use some unified formula which is different from vanilla and isnt part of old databases.

Exactly, so trying to write off anything people bring up as just players just being "mad private server players" is a ridiculous thing to say. Players like Луналав probably think Blizzard never makes mistakes, and would rather risk having a bugged project over giving up the chance to hate on private server players. I dont get it.

A lot of the stuff listed in the first post are legitimate concerns that players have brought up.
Great List!
As said already this is a list on the Classic WOW subreddit, here: https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/9ubyr6/wow_classic_demo_feedback_bugs_and_legion/

It's a sticky already and Ion has seen it. :) I recommend posting there any additions.
This wall of text from a mangos user got shared and liked by lead Gamedesigner Ion on Twitter. KEK.

good ol epic facepalm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDXylJZuVLY