Everything wrong in Demo - listed

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
By Uauu
UI and Gameplay Isues:
-When you get crit from doing the old /sit macro, you dont trigger relevant talents, like priest Martydom! (The same with talent "enrage" from the fury tree aswell)

I must fix you on this , there is a Blue Post dating from 2006 , where Blizzard said they removed such abuse of /sit macro for Reckoning Paladin and Warrior Enrage etc.

So /Sit function is correct , only Private Servers have this wrong .

This isn't issue or bug at all , it is intended and Vanilla original.
07/11/2018 09:25Posted by Ysulda577199
Damn, this kills my hype a bit. Gotta stay positive, but so much is wrong with the demo..

There's 8 months left before Classic will be released, and they're supported by the main WoW team as well. I think the least of our worries is the bug fixing, as Classic's Community are evidently supportive with this huge compilation of bugs yet to be fixed.

Remain calm. Once Classic releases, these bugs will most likely be fixed, and if that isn't the case, the game will most definitely be updated in the future.
12/11/2018 18:46Posted by Mallirius
07/11/2018 09:25Posted by Ysulda577199
Damn, this kills my hype a bit. Gotta stay positive, but so much is wrong with the demo..

There's 8 months left before Classic will be released, and they're supported by the main WoW team as well. I think the least of our worries is the bug fixing, as Classic's Community are evidently supportive with this huge compilation of bugs yet to be fixed.

Remain calm. Once Classic releases, these bugs will most likely be fixed, and if that isn't the case, the game will most definitely be updated in the future.

Im more afraid what all will be !@#$ed on release, we checked only tiny bit of it and theres alot of kinda major "bugs" cuz they were overlooked and theres no PTR/closed beta.
The release of their 7.3.5 Classic mesh up will be a bigger debakel than Diablo Mobile.
Mark these words.
05/11/2018 22:29Posted by Uauu
- You can use meeting stones to summon people (added in tbc Patch 2.0.1 Source )

You are wrong there, bud meeting stones were added in 1.3, source: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_1.3.0
13/11/2018 06:14Posted by Trux
05/11/2018 22:29Posted by Uauu
- You can use meeting stones to summon people (added in tbc Patch 2.0.1 Source )

You are wrong there, bud meeting stones were added in 1.3, source: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_1.3.0

meeting stones are not summoning stones though.
Probably a bug that will be fixed but

- If you die and don't press "Release Spirit" immediately, the window disappears. Only way to respawn at the GY is to relog.
13/11/2018 07:21Posted by Fatum
13/11/2018 06:14Posted by Trux

meeting stones are not summoning stones though.

What? Meetings stones are meeting stones.
12/11/2018 18:11Posted by Killerduki
By Uauu
UI and Gameplay Isues:
-When you get crit from doing the old /sit macro, you dont trigger relevant talents, like priest Martydom! (The same with talent "enrage" from the fury tree aswell)

I must fix you on this , there is a Blue Post dating from 2006 , where Blizzard said they removed such abuse of /sit macro for Reckoning Paladin and Warrior Enrage etc.

The blue post is somewhat relevant, but even more relevant are other "evidence" such as paladins from back then. At least when it comes to reckoning.

As far as I know these abilities would never trigger from sitting, but you could trick the server by sitting and standing up fast (mash the x-button). By sitting down the mob would crit you, but since you were back to standing when the mob hit you, the ability would trigger. The /sit macro is a private server thing indeed.
By Disaya
<span class="truncated">...</span>

The blue post is somewhat relevant, but even more relevant are other "evidence" such as paladins from back then. At least when it comes to reckoning.

As far as I know these abilities would never trigger from sitting, but you could trick the server by sitting and standing up fast (mash the x-button). By sitting down the mob would crit you, but since you were back to standing when the mob hit you, the ability would trigger. The /sit macro is a private server thing indeed.

As i said , if you /sit it should not trigger any proc, but if you could manage "somehow" to be faster and stand up before the swing land , you had a chance to get the stack.

Such thing was caused thanks to latency issues back in the days , otherwise /sit wont work , the only place where it did work was private servers.
05/11/2018 22:35Posted by Uauu
- https://streamable.com/z8lzw - Pet attack on target that enters stealth - Commanding pet on a target before target stealths should make the pet keep chasing the stealthed target and attack him out of stealth. Currently it just runs back and doesn't chase at all.

No it should not. I don't care if this was bugged in Vanilla. It was never intended for pets to attack stealthed classes this way. This does not need fixing.
13/11/2018 16:00Posted by Kheron
05/11/2018 22:35Posted by Uauu
- https://streamable.com/z8lzw - Pet attack on target that enters stealth - Commanding pet on a target before target stealths should make the pet keep chasing the stealthed target and attack him out of stealth. Currently it just runs back and doesn't chase at all.

No it should not. I don't care if this was bugged in Vanilla. It was never intended for pets to attack stealthed classes this way. This does not need fixing.

Sadly, it worked like that. In WSG hunter/awrlock could sent pet on you across whole map and just follow pet to track you down in stealth. If u think this is bad, you will be very mad about old vanish mechanism.
13/11/2018 08:24Posted by Trux
What? Meetings stones are meeting stones.

okey, you probably misunderstood what he wrote:

see, the problem itself is that you can use meeting stones as summoning stones (the summoning ability was added later in TBC so in classic meeting stones shouldn't be able to summon people).

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Meeting_Stone

Meeting Stone:

Originally[1], they were for filling in partial (or just-starting) parties whose members met the required level range[2] by auto-inviting suitable candidates.

Summoning Stone:

In patch 2.0.1, Meeting Stones were reworked with the implementation of the new LFG system. They now are used to summon party members to the stone near an instance.

so he is right to list this as a bug.
Mob names (not to be confused with name plates which are for displaying mob health) can be seen without targeting the mobs.

Example: Zhevra in this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lx9cSwgsbKQ
As a Hunter I was able to shoot while mowing. Not the Auto attack, but the special ones If I began "casting" tthem and then moved, they aborted, but the other way around Mowing and then pressing short cut for sting did make it shoot. Also Auto attack did not Auto attack on rigth click, only after either pressing shortcut for Auto attack or firing a special attakc. (I can't remember if this is as was, I don't think so anyway).
Bodies are too often almost buried in the ground, making it hard to see/loot them.
13/11/2018 16:06Posted by Nuckchorris
Sadly, it worked like that. In WSG hunter/awrlock could sent pet on you across whole map and just follow pet to track you down in stealth. If u think this is bad, you will be very mad about old vanish mechanism.

Oh I remember the atrocious vanish bugs. My point was there won't be a single Classic rogue player who would want these game breaking bugs regarding stealth back in and fortunately I'm 99,99% certain Blizzard will NEVER implement them so OP can go to hell.
op is listing a list that's being compiled elsewhere. So don't be rude towards the op for posting it here and keeping it updated.
13/11/2018 18:12Posted by Alagner
Mob names (not to be confused with name plates which are for displaying mob health) can be seen without targeting the mobs.

Example: Zhevra in this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lx9cSwgsbKQ

Yeah? What about it? You do know it is a toggle thing in the interface options right? :)
14/11/2018 04:11Posted by Miraine
op is listing a list that's being compiled elsewhere. So don't be rude towards the op for posting it here and keeping it updated.

Are you dim? OP claims in the very title of the thread that all the listed things are "wrong" and need to be "fixed". I don't care if ripped his list elsewhere, the call to action is his. He is an !@#$%^ that lists a lot of things that don't need fixing or more specifically breaking.