Darkmoon Faire profession quests.

General
So the darkmoon faire used to be great for boosting your professions ever so slightly every month or so, but now only classic profession skill points are increased by these quests. I thought that kinda sucked as it can be tough to grind out those last few skill points when levelling new professions, I want to know if Blizzard intend to change this in the upcoming patch or will it remain this way for the forseable future.

Thanks for reading.
Gohral
So far, there's no indication they are going to change it.
Hey Gohral,

I'd advise you, and everyone else that would like to see this changed, to provide this as feedback in-game. Click the "?", then Help, and after that Submit Suggestion!
08/11/2018 14:27Posted by Vossprey
Hey Gohral,

I'd advise you, and everyone else that would like to see this changed, to provide this as feedback in-game. Click the "?", then Help, and after that Submit Suggestion!

And as players we would advise you to do it yourself and send it with an SOS urgent to your head of department of suggestions
08/11/2018 14:29Posted by Retributor
Hey Gohral,

And as players we would advise you to do it yourself and send it with an SOS urgent to your head of department of suggestions

Come on man! You cannot be a dick and wonder at the same time why are the Blues leaving the EU forum.

His reply wasn't the best but it's still better than nothing.
08/11/2018 14:33Posted by Ájmage
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Come on man! You cannot be a dick and wonder at the same time why are the Blues leaving the EU forum.

I don't count robotic AI replies as replies

A good reply would be

''We as blizzard are sorry that this happened during the professions squish , our development team was busy doing a mobile diablo game so we didn't notice that almost all quests regarding professions in the old world were broken (DMF,Pandaria etc). We are actively working on a fix and we would kindly ask you to send your own suggestions as to how the quests should reward you in the new reality that is the profession system''

I don't count robotic AI replies as replies

A good reply would be

''We as blizzard are sorry that this happened during the professions squish , our development team was busy doing a mobile diablo game so we didn't notice that almost all quests regarding professions in the old world were broken (DMF,Pandaria etc). We are actively working on a fix and we would kindly ask you to send your own suggestions as to how the quests should reward you in the new reality that is the profession system''

And people wonder why blizz doesn't listen to us.
It is crazy that they get all this great feedback consolidated in one place and still don't know what to do with it. Instead of making the best of it on the spot they make players jump through additional hoops.

The in-game suggestion box is just a dumb form you fill in and for which you'll never know if someone actually read it, what the game makers think of it and how a certain change would affect the game on a larger scale.

As an engineer/miner I had an extremely hard time getting enough Expulsom to get the last points of the profession. Was it too much, was it intended to be this awkward and expensive to get? In the end it is rewarding, I can make a new amazing robot mount. I could just get around this with a simple Darkmoon quest and save couple hundred thousand gold. I had to crowdfund different materials to many of my alts, level each in a different profession and craft hundreds of cloth/leather and different kind of bracers that I sent over to my main in order to disassemble them for materials. Why don't crafts give several skill points depending on difficulty of gathered materials like previous expansions? This are all valid concerns I can't copy paste this whole paragraph into the twitter post sized suggestion box because they won't fit and I won't be able to get my point across.

As forum engagement, Vossprey didn't do anything except blue tag the topic to be seen on various blue trackers across different websites for visibility, and swept the problem under the rug instead of encouraging further discussion.

08/11/2018 15:40Posted by Gratna

And people wonder why blizz doesn't listen to us.

Or better you could say, the reason that people stopped playing this game is because Blizzard doesn't listen to customers anymore. Any piece of feedback is valuable. If they aren't willing, many will just vote with their wallet instead. They are a business first and foremost, and other businesses would pay to have such immediate feedback.
08/11/2018 16:02Posted by Sweetzoejane
Or better you could say, the reason that people stopped playing this game is because Blizzard doesn't listen to customers anymore. Any piece of feedback is valuable. If they aren't willing, many will just vote with their wallet instead. They are a business first and foremost, and other businesses would pay to have such immediate feedback.

Please just stop. They listen. They've made tons and tons of changes to the game over the years based on player feedback. If you haven't noticed this, maybe you should start paying attention.

If you think all feedback will cause game changes, you're in for a reality check though. If you consider the game messy now, you'd not live a day in a game where things were changed everytime someone demanded something.
Instead of handing out forum justice, which from your post count I see you do quite a lot of, prove or disprove the original post. I was being harsh towards Blue but I still participated in the discussion, you are doing nothing but serving your own ego at this point, and are derailing the topic as a whole.
08/11/2018 17:19Posted by Sweetzoejane
Instead of handing out forum justice, which from your post count I see you do quite a lot of, prove or disprove the original post. I was being harsh towards Blue but I still participated in the discussion, you are doing nothing but serving your own ego at this point, and are derailing the topic as a whole.

What has there forum count got to do with anything you pleb i mean grow up .

If you are to thick to understand then read below might help .

The more who report/suggest it the more the dev's know what to change.
The forum is on used by 3% of the total player base .

And please spare us the "justice warrior" rubbish on the forums either that or go to reddit and stay there.
Vossprey or any other blue...

How does the team getting the feedback respond to links in the feedback?

Quite a lot of times there has been whole threads on the issue and the feedback box is rather limited on characters. Would it be okay for us to present the issue in few sentences along with a link to a thread? Would that link be looked into?

Maybe even better to tell the people involved in feedback to have a suggestion section that is accessible by both regions. We use the same forum language after all.
08/11/2018 17:32Posted by Shopkeeper
Vossprey or any other blue...

How does the team getting the feedback respond to links in the feedback?

Quite a lot of times there has been whole threads on the issue and the feedback box is rather limited on characters. Would it be okay for us to present the issue in few sentences along with a link to a thread? Would that link be looked into?

Maybe even better to tell the people involved in feedback to have a suggestion section that is accessible by both regions. We use the same forum language after all.

I have seen a blue say go to twitter and "link this thread" seems to work aswell cant find the post for u atm .
Hey Gohral,

I'm confused. For as long as I can remember Blues have told me that the forum is a good place to have your feedback read, because, while you cant answer every thread, you guys are always compiling the feedback you see here to send over to the devs.

Is that somehow not true anymore?
I have already reported this some months ago as a bug. I did again this month.
08/11/2018 17:44Posted by Jumaru
I have already reported this some months ago as a bug. I did again this month.

It's not a bug, this is just how it works now. I don't see why it has to be this way though, it's not like 5 points a month is that much of a difference.
I used to use it for the professions of my alts; once a month I'd get each of them their mats then to the fair, so that even if I wasn't active on them they'd get a boost.
They've ruined the DMF prof quests. They are pretty pointless to do now unless you just want more tokens.
Hey Gohral,

what this "forum engagement" thingy is trying to tell you is:

"talk to the hand, because the man is not listening."
First blue post, that directly addressed an issue,
I've seen in several epochs here on the EU forums.

Big America says:
" There there, calm down, little europe, we'll come up to tuck you in to bed
when we've finished counting our gold. "
[gently pats europe on head]

America (population: c. 365 million)
Europe (population: c. 743 million)

Rise UP!