Time for a spec change for mage? advice?

General
My mage is 370 ilvl, I've been playing as frost and not only is it not very fun I also keep finding myself far from the top of the dps charts. I've tried arcane and fire, both fell below my frost dps, I want to put more effort into one and learn it properly, any advice on which one I should go for?
arcane is dull but hits pretty hard I believe. Frost at the moment is the highest, but not for long. Fire is very proccy and for me personally, I prefer it to frost or arcane.
Frost has the most abilities to use, then fire then arcane
All 3 mage specs have their niche in the current raid tier. If you look at the rankings on warcraft logs you'll see Zul is all frost mage, but Taloc is all Arcane. Fire is mostly used for ghuun as it has the best execute damage and decent mobility, which is crucial for that fight.

Honestly I think it's worth learning all 3 specs because you never know which 1 will be best for each new boss fight.
I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong with frost to be so low on the dps charts
09/11/2018 18:57Posted by Teallii
I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong with frost to be so low on the dps charts

Against which boss?
I've tried mage myself, used to enjoy it, but all specs seem bit dull at the moment, I guess I can recommend arcane for big burst damage.
I wish they'd go with cata/mop fire mage that was based more on dots (burning), that was best spec I've ever played in WoW.
Fire is fun, when you close to death your butt literally explodes if you have talent.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19/

according to that the best spec atm is fire but tbh just play the spec you find the most fun and are comfy with like the others have said each spec has a fight it performs will on .
I've seen fire mages in 380+ gear perform really bad so it's just down to player ablitity tbh .
On the dummies for 2 minutes each I just did:

9.5k as frost
9.2k as fire
10.3k as arcane

Just not sure what to do once you hit low mana on arcane when evocation isnt up
09/11/2018 19:02Posted by Midnightfist
09/11/2018 18:57Posted by Teallii

Against which boss?

On all bosses I'm afraid, I used to be in the top 3 in our raid when everyone was 10 ilvls above me. Now I'm usually 6th or below
I might stick to frost for M+ , fire for single target, frost for multi and try arcane on bosses where I can stand still. I suppose the below is the best option, just change around for each fight, keeps it interesting I guess :)

09/11/2018 18:57Posted by Midnightfist
All 3 mage specs have their niche in the current raid tier. If you look at the rankings on warcraft logs you'll see Zul is all frost mage, but Taloc is all Arcane. Fire is mostly used for ghuun as it has the best execute damage and decent mobility, which is crucial for that fight.

Honestly I think it's worth learning all 3 specs because you never know which 1 will be best for each new boss fight.
09/11/2018 19:19Posted by Teallii

9.5k as frost
9.2k as fire
10.3k as arcane

Try to do them for 5mins 30secs each with usual boss length if i recall anything 2 mins and below really isnt going to give you that much data to worth with .
09/11/2018 19:19Posted by Teallii

9.5k as frost
9.2k as fire
10.3k as arcane

Just keep training mana isn’t really a problem you should be analyzing when your evocation will be up can you burn mana or just ab ab ab ab barrage etc. even 10 min fight you can’t go OOM unless you spam ABs. Arcane would be the highest dps in game if mana wouldn’t stop it from doing so. In legion arcane was really fun but can’t say the same now, especially losing the mark of aluneth made me quit mage completely. Arcane was the only fun spec and the most consistent damage it provides. It still doesn’t rely on procs like other 2 specs.
Since you play frost mostly, and want to learn another spec, personally i recommend arcane.

Between the three, even though fire is also not bad, arcane and frost just are a bit better overall.

Frost for mostly AOE damage and arcane for single target. Learn arcane properly and you can deal hefty single target damage with it.
My favourite spec is fire, but I've recently (and begrudgingly) changed briefly to frost and then to arcane. Frost can reliably get huge glacial spike crits and arcane just does crazy high single target damage in general. However, arcane is so boring.

The problem with fire is it relies entirely on the combustion burst and doesn't have the same sustainable damage frost and arcane have. With arcane blast hitting over 30k non-crit for me with RoP and arcane power, it's easy to see why it would be preferred.
09/11/2018 19:20Posted by Teallii
09/11/2018 19:02Posted by Midnightfist

Against which boss?

On all bosses I'm afraid, I used to be in the top 3 in our raid when everyone was 10 ilvls above me. Now I'm usually 6th or below

That doesn't necessarily mean too much when Blizzard are constantly tweaking and rebalancing each spec on a weekly basis. What kind of dps parses are you getting on each boss?